Compatibility After Effects Please check exact version compatibility under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab below
Add Your tagsClose
What is Auto Crop?
Auto Crop is a tool that allows you to quickly crop a composition using one of three different methods: Auto Crop, Auto Crop Duration and Crop to Mask. It works quickly and accurately no matter what layer types are inside the composition.
1. Copy Auto Crop.jsxbin into the ScriptUI folder for your version of After Effects. You must have After Effects CS3 or higher to use the Auto Crop script.
Mac: ~/Applications/Adobe After Effects YOUR VERSION/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels Windows: C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe After Effects YOUR VERSION/Support Files/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels
2. Now start up After Effects. You will see Auto Crop.jsxbin at the bottom of the Window menu. Select it to open the Auto Crop panel.
Auto Crop Methods
The first button, Auto Crop will look at the current frame of the selected pre-comp and resize it so that it fits the contents at the current frame. This will work for any type of layer, however it only takes into account layers that are visible. If a layer is turned off or its opacity is 0, it will be ignored when the crop takes place.
Auto Crop Duration
Similar to Auto Crop, however Auto Crop Duration look at every frame between the pre-comp's in and out point. This means that if there is any sort of animation within the composition, the Auto Crop duration will find its vertices and crop to those. Because auto cropping the duration looks at every frame, the cropping process could take a long time. A progress bar is shown on the screen to let you know how much has been completed. You are also able to cancel the cropping process.
Crop to Mask
Unlike the previous two, Crop to Mask requires the user to give a mask for where the crop should happen. Masks must be rectangular and mask lines must be parallel to the rotation of the . If your layer has more then one mask, an alert will come up asking which mask you want to use for the crop.
|After Effects||CC, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3|
Current version: 2.10
Version 2.10 - 9/1/13
Works in After Effects CC
New Feature: The 'Previous Crop Info' section displays stats on the most recently preformed crop
New Option: Ignore Masks - Choose to crop based on the layer without masks applied
New Option: Delete Mask - Choose whether or not to delete the mask used for Mask Crop
New Feature: You no longer have to use rectangualar masks for Mask Crop. As long as your mask has two or more points, it will work for the crop
New Feature: Crop Duration progress now show both in a progress bar as well as in the Info panel
Fix: Auto Crop now works with After Effects in any language
- Mask used for crop now deletes after 'Crop to Mask' takes place
- Fixed issue with Auto Crop panels contents neing off-center
- Masks now remain in place after a crop
- Fixed issue where compositions containing layers with expressions failed to crop correctly
- Auto Crop now works accurately when the pre-comp contains transform keyframes
- Auto Crop now accurately crops compositions containing layers with low opacity
- Initial Release