• Has anybody tried to install this con CC for Mac?, when I want to install it , the Install button it's greyed out, any ideas?
  • I'm getting an error message saying 'There was a problem starting SkyBox Creator.dll The specified module could not be found."

The creator window says 'Trial mode' 1 out of 3 allowed generations.
  • Please make the "license key" field in the activation window able to be pasted into! Need to type in long activation codes?
  • I'm getting an error message saying 'There was a problem starting SkyBox Creator.dll The specified module could not be found."

This issue was resolved via email. Benjamin disabled "little Sniffer", re-installed, rebooted and all is good now.

• Please make the "license key" field in the activation window able to be pasted into! Need to type in long activation codes?
    - Jason, no need to enter long codes manually.  Right click, "Copy" your activation code then right click and "Paste" into activation field.
  • Has anybody tried to install this con CC for Mac?, when I want to install it , the Install button it's greyed out, any ideas?
    - Never figured out what was wrong with Tonny's system.
  • Hi, 

Will it be possible to export "stereo" in a future version ? (for a VR experience...)
  • Hi, 

Will it be possible to export "stereo" in a future version ? (for a VR experience...)
    Thanks for asking "Y d". We are looking at various options for stereo. Stay tuned.
  • Stereo would make this KILLER. Just have have implement a way for it to generate the array around a null point in between and to the back of the reference camera instead of around the camera itself. The way a real life stereo pano rig would do. This way you could output one cubemap for one eye, go back into the comp, offset the cam to the left or right, (getting the right IPD would take some experimenting) and just spit out another one. Then stitch the L and R together manually for now. [v.v]   "v" being the camera and "." being the rotation point for generating the array...
  • Hello, what are the advantages of this plugin over the standard adding BG composition as environment layer inside Element 3D? I think, Element 3D automatically makes spherical map from custom environment layer (with seams) and reflects this environment. Thank you!

• Hello, what are the advantages of this plugin over the standard adding BG composition as environment layer inside Element 3D? I think, Element 3D automatically makes spherical map from custom environment layer (with seams) and reflects this environment. Thank you!

Element doesn't actually generate true spherical/cube maps. This plug in really is revolutionary, but in my opinion it's more for it's potential for creating a 360 VR "Stereo" workflow inside of AE. The stereo part is not easily doable at the moment but I think they're working on it...*hope

Tommy , thanks for reaching out about this. James Renald is correct. If I may add, Element 3D cannot have any other 3D plug-ins reflect on Element 3D objects or scenes. This includes Trapcode Particular, Form, Rowbyte's Plexus, Mettle's FreeForm Pro or ShapeShifter AE etc. as well Ae 3D plugins like Shatter.

Here is one example where you can see how SkyBox helps Plexus & Element 3D work together... then Particular + Element 3D working together, then . It also shows FreeForm Pro & Element 3D together.:

Let us know if you have any more questions
  • Hi, 

Thanks for asking "Y d". We are looking at various options for stereo. Stay tuned.
    Awesome! I've spent many days looking for a way to export stereo videos for VR (in AE). It's especially difficult being on Mac too, although I had no problems installing Skybox on CC2014. Very happy to beta test if you're looking for testers.

Will Skybox work with CC2015?

...and does Skybox work with Plexus 2?
  • Any news on if Skybox will work with CC2015 and Plexus 2 as a 3D element?
  • Any news on if Skybox will work with CC2015 and Plexus 2 as a 3D element?
    Yes. SkyBox works with CC2015 (download the new version posted this week) and it's has always worked with Plexus and Element and everything else 3D in After Effects.
  • Thanks Lloyd!

This issue was resolved via email. Benjamin disabled "little Sniffer", re-installed, rebooted and all is good now.

I am experiencing same error message. I am not sure what "little sniffer" is. Thnx
  • Hi - I have purchased the product but when I try to run the script it tells me that it can't find SkyboxCreator.dll and then it doesn't recognise that I have activated the software.

I've tried disabling my antivirus, setting the folder off read-only etc etc but still refuses to work.

Need to deliver a client project and it's just started happening after working for the past week!
  • Please make sure you have installed the latest version from your account.

Now, please open the SkyBox Converter Register Window and Click Deactivate All. Then close the window, close After Effects and start it again. Then open the SkyBox Converter Register Window enter your license key and click Activate.

Please let us know if that works. IF not please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Cheers,
    Chris
    mettle.com
  • For future reference, on Windows, when you get SkyBox Creator.dll not found.
    Use a third party Un-installer then make sure you download and install the latest version of SkyBox Studio .

Or delete the following files:
    C:\ProgramData\Mettle\SBOXSTUDIO.dat
    C:\ProgramData\Mettle\SBOXV2.dat
    (this will reset stored license)

Cheers,
    Chris
    mettle.com
  • I have bought Skybox.
    But i am  Not able to install Skybox!

i run Adobe CC 2015 AE 
    new Imac

AMD Radeon R9 M395X:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 M395X

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 4096 MB

When i try to install, the install button is greyed out

• I have bought Skybox.
    But i am  Not able to install Skybox!
    Please open a support ticket so we can help you directly with this issue.
  • Allan, this looks to me like our Installer cannot find your After Effects folder. Did you move your AE Folder from Applications?

It needs to be left in the original place that Creative Cloud installs it too. For example, "Your Mac" -> Applications -> Adobe After Effects CC 2015

Please let us know if this resolves things.

Chris
  • Solved my problem on mac!

All my Adobe software is located in Applications/Adobe/...
    Now i have moved all Adobe software out in Applications Folder...

and now........installation was succesfull.
    Solved my problem
    Chris Bobotis, you Rock!

Thanks man!

Allan
  • Skybox is a great plugin! We have been trying to make a 360 tour of the solar system, and when Skybox came around it finally made it a feasible project. Check out our fully animated 360 Solar System Tour with Phil Plait:
  • Skybox is a great plugin! We have been trying to make a 360 tour of the solar system, and when Skybox came around it finally made it a feasible project. 

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, we featured it on our inspiration feed: https://aescripts.com/learn/solar-system-360-degree-tour
  • Skybox is a great plugin! We have been trying to make a 360 tour of the solar system, and when Skybox came around it finally made it a feasible project. 

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, we featured it on our inspiration feed: https://aescripts.com/learn/solar-system-360-degree-tour
    Thanks Lloyd, you and aescripts are always inspirations to us at the studio. BTW we also used BG Renderer, I forgot to mention that, but it was necessary with these super long render times.

Thanks Lloyd, you and aescripts are always inspirations to us at the studio. BTW we also used BG Renderer, I forgot to mention that, but it was necessary with these super long render times.
    Oh great, added it to the post.  Thanks again for sharing, great work!
  • Hi Chris,

I'm am having some level anomalies using Element3D with skybox when I move to interior scene. I have one parallel light and partial illumination using the sky environment seen it pict. 

Any ideas?