Templater Pro Subscription Upfront

• imageTemplater Pro Subscription Upfront

Templater Pro extends Templater Rig by offering desktop automation, allowing you to render or replicate batches of versioned compositions using your data source. A recurring monthly subscription plan is available as well. Activating Templater Pro requires that Templater Rig already be installed and licensed.

https://aescripts.com/templater-pro-upfront/

• My company is very interested in your product. We are working on an automated video that we will personalize for our clients. However, that video runs a script called Pastiche that will makes up a good bit of the video and is run several times per render. Will your product be able to handle that? 
  • My company is very interested in your product. We are working on an automated video that we will personalize for our clients. However, that video runs a script called Pastiche that will makes up a good bit of the video and is run several times per render. Will your product be able to handle that? 
    Templater has the ability to have pre and post scripts defined. Please consult the video tutorials or open a support ticket for further assistance. 
  • Peace
    I wanted to ask what solution you have after the videos are ready
    Say I have a folder with 1000 movies and I want to send them to 1000 addresses.
    How do you do that ?
  • Templater has the flexibility to implement many different custom solutions when it comes to delivering your rendered content to end-users, but the most common method is the use of custom Event Scripts. Templater can run scripts and key points during the render operation that can be used to trigger any number of highly customizable script events. I'd recommend taking a look at our Github Page for more information and sample scripts that can help you get started. If you have any questions, please feel free to open a support ticket with us, and we'll do whatever we can to assist you.
  • Is there way that Templater Pro can automate through a single Google Sheets tabs ... say I have 5 tabs in the same sheet, do I have to manually change the tab in the UI? Thanks in advance.
  • Arron,

Unfortunately, the Google API doesn't give us the flexibility at the moment to swap between Google Sheets on the fly without manually switching between them in the Templater interface. However, there are a few methods that might be helpful when it comes to working with multiple Sheets simultaneously.

The first would be to perform a data merge within the Sheets to collate any entries from the various sheets into one "master" sheet that Templater could access. This would require some scripting work on the Google Sheets side but would, by far, be the most straightforward solution to the issue at hand.

Another potential solution would involve running Templater Bot through the command line interface (CLI) and swapping between Sheets using the templater-options.json files. Each time Templater is run through the CLI, it accesses a file called templater-options.json that contains configuration information that includes which Google Sheet to access. Although it would require a bit more work, it should be possible to write a script that would swap between sheets in the options file whenever Templater is run. You can find more information about running Templater through the command line interface in this article from our support website.

I'd recommend starting by taking a look at the data merge option since it's much more straightforward, but if you have any questions or if we can help in any way, let us know, and we'll do whatever we can to help get you up and running.

Thanks, and happy rendering!

• That's great, I did think about the merge and have that master sheet ... That's great .... // Appreciate the quick response too, going to go with the PRO, while I get into a good rhythm with what I'm doing and then I'll commit to the BOT once I see some success ... Many thanks!
  • Hi there, is there a way to disable/skip/exclude certain rows in a sheet from batch rendering? I am using Templater Pro not the Bot. Thanks!
  • Sabine,

While Templater Bot does contain a feature similar to what you're describing, unfortunately, it's not an option that's present in Templater Pro. Templater Pro was originally designed to batch render large amounts of records one at a time, but it doesn't contain any tools to filter jobs based on values from the data source. With Templater Bot, there is a Reserved Column called "render-status" that can be used to control which data is rendered, but unfortunately, that isn't available in Templater Pro.

Depending on the specifics, we might be able to use a Data Merge or a Google Apps Script to process the Sheet to remove any unwanted data before it's sent to Templater Pro. For this particular situation, that will likely be our best bet for controlling which jobs get processed by Templater.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out here or through any of our standard support channels. Hopefully, this will get things moving in the right direction.

Thanks, and happy rendering!