• Looks great.
    Just wondering how successful this would be with snow over moving trees? Is the result always a still?

Would be great to know 
  • This depends a lot of how much the branches are moving in the wind. This branches will be also removed.
    The result is always a still. Movements in the image can be added manually afterwards or you can process only parts of the sequence/images where movement happens (e.g. a road).
    Since snow or rain coveres the whole image this is not always possible.

In combination with snow or rain, we mostly used this tool for retouching "behind" rain or snow. We removed the snow, retouched the footage/image and added the original snow again.

Another use case is for fotography to create a clean picture where a lot of movement happens. E.g. a city square

• Hi guys,

I'm wondering if this could be used in reverse, for background removal? 

When you have a situation where interviewed person is in the office, and you want to add background like he is shot in the studio, is it possible to use your moving data to key out the background, even if the subject is moves only slightly as he talks?

Thanks;)
  • Hi,
    the tool works best when the background is visible as often as possible. If the object just moves slightly, the tool cannot find the actual background for a clean image.
    But generally it is possible to use the tool for background removal (see the demo video with the cars without the background).  To remove the background, just use a difference key or the substract/difference layer mode between the original footage and the clean "superposed" image.
    But maybe this works in your case....just try the trial version it if this technique works for your footage.
  • Any idea if this can be executed in as a glsl shader?
    Thinking if this could be ported to other systems.
  • what about demo version?
  • Any idea if this can be executed in as a glsl shader?
    Thinking if this could be ported to other systems.
    Interesting thought. This should be possible....the analytic process is parallelizable.
  • Trial version doesnt work at After Effects CC 2014 (error 25 :: 3 - invalid filter)
  • Trial version doesnt work at After Effects CC 2014 (error 25 :: 3 - invalid filter)
    Please open a support ticket so we can help you with this issue.
  • If lets say its just a pan shot, can it be tracked or can it linked to camera tracker?
  • Of course, I also used the tool for shots with paned or hand-held cameras. You can stabilize the footage, edit it with Superpose and then apply the inverse motion again.
  • licensing doesn't work or the documentation file just isn't clear enough :/
    also the download link for the license program doesn't work
    redirect loop :(
    http://wp.keller.io/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/KellerLicenseUtils_win64.zip

• Hi Jacob,

thanks for the information. I just fixed the broken links.
    But for a single node locked license you do not need to install a license manager, you just need the license file.

Here a short description how to install the license:
    • first, create your license file on your aescripts account settings -> My Licenses&Downloads.
      You need to enter your host id, which can be found in the Superpose “About..” dialog.

• Just place the generated .lic file together with the plugin into the following folder:

Windows:

c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2015\Support Files\Plug-ins\Keller.io\

OSX:
      /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2015/Support Files/Plug-ins/Keller.io/

• After restarting AfterEffects, the “About…” dialog should now contain the text “Licensed Version”
      (If the Watermark is still visible, this is because of cached frames. Just clear your AfterEffects cache via "Edit->Purge->All Memory&Disk Cache”.)
     Let me know if everything works fine or if you need more assistance.

Thanks
    Christian
  • licensing doesn't work or the documentation file just isn't clear enough :/
    also the download link for the license program doesn't work
    redirect loop :( 

could fix it :)
  • I couldn't get it to work, though it's a great idea but it just didn't return any usable results. All the test footage was on a stationary tripod, and not panning.
  • I couldn't get it to work, though it's a great idea but it just didn't return any usable results. All the test footage was on a stationary tripod, and not panning.
    Yes, the tool needs a static or a stabilized footage as input. Try to stabilize the footage before. As long as you do not have perspective distortions after stabilization ist should work.

• Hi Christian,

I bought your very cool Superpose plug in. I was wondering if you have any step by step manuals or a video showing how you did those two initial shots (one with cars, one with snow). I have imported a shot into After Effects and have messed around with the settings but none of them seem to change the video clip at all.

thanks
  • Hi David,

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, there is not yet a tutorial available for the sample shots.What kind of footage do you use?
    If you add the Superpose effect to your layer with the default settings, you just need to specify the input frame range to see changes. i.e. if you set the start frame to 1 and then increase the endframe step by step, you should see how the output is modifying and the moving parts are disappearing more and more.

Just get back to me if you need more assistance.

Cheers,
    Christian
  • Hello!!

The problem is that besides not having even a tutorial explaining how to use this plugin, you still have the aggravating factor that the website creator and pligin manufacturer does not offer or gives a plausible and clear support for understanding the editor toward the plugin thing very natural today and in addition, has a lot of standard answer is here and little technical explanation is not like buying something we do not know how to move, even applying the layer, nothing happens.
  • Hi Christian,

I just bought Superpose single-node license and I followed your instructions created the license and added the plugin and the license in the right folder, but the plugin just keeps saying "Demo Version". Can you please help me with this?

My AE CC 2015 doesn´t have "Support Files" - folder as you have in the instructions:
    OS X: /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2015/Support Files/Plug-ins/Keller.io/ 

My folder-chain looks like this:
    OS X: /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2015/Plug-ins/Keller.io/ 

Is this the problem?
  • Just purchased after watching the great demo video... but my download didnt come with any instructions and this plugin doesn't seem as intuitive as I wish it was has anyone actually gotten this to work?
  • Hi,
    sorry for having problems using the plugin. I just added a documentation into the download archive. It gives an overview of the parameters and settings. It also includes a starting guide.

Hope this helps and makes it more understandable how the plugin works.

Cheers,
    Christian
  • Hi,

I have downloaded the demo version of your plugin, wich is great! I have extracted the background that is not moving, but how can I extract the object in movement,as you do on your video on 00:09sec and 00:16sec? Maybe this is not included in the demo version?

Thank you very much.

Ben

• Hi Ben,

this is also possible with the demo version. Please take a look into the quick start guide, which is included in the zip file. Section "4. Extracting the moving objects" explains how you can separate the objects from the footage.

Hope this helps.

Christian
  • i got one big problem: after register the product - the watermark dissapear for only one day. now its always visible? dont get it. 
  • hi tristan,
    please open a support ticket so we can help you with your problem:
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

• Does this plugin only work for static shots?
  •  yes, only static or stabilized shots at the moment.
    Does this plugin only work for static shots?

• CC 2015 on a Mac (10.11)

The demo is not working at all – just makes After Effects freeze. Is there anything I can do wrong?!
  • CC 2015 on a Mac (10.11)

The demo is not working at all – just makes After Effects freeze. Is there anything I can do wrong?!
    Hi Sebastian,
    when is AfterEffects freezing? Right after installing the plugin or applying the effect? One possibility is when using extreme values for the parameters. It could cause high calculation utilization which blocks the AE user interface. Start with small values and just for a small range of frames.
    If you still have problems this could be a system issue.  Please open a support ticket so we can help you to figure out the problem.