• Plans for an AE OSX version?
  • Now we are finishing a new version with important news. After this release, we will try to build for Mac.
  • Another vote for an OSX version please. I'm current working on projects with an AE<>Nuke pipeline, and we're sharing 3D layouts via FBX. Your plugin would be a massive help. Any plans for FBX export from AE? Cheers!
  • We are working on the version for OSX, and soon publish a new version in order to export an FBX file from AE. Thank you !
  • Any plans for c4d perhaps?
  • We have not developed for C4D, because After Effects already natively supports the import of cameras from C4D.
  • i got errror and crash

Using Maya 2016 and exporting Camera only, to After effects CC 2015

Please help

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: AfterFX.exe

Application Version: 13.5.1.48

Application Timestamp: 55adf822

Fault Module Name: FBX_to_AE.aex

Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1

Fault Module Timestamp: 55c0db69

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000000000004e2a0

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 32a0

Additional Information 2: 32a04cdd082b20f1a567d08be21ac59a

Additional Information 3: 366e

Additional Information 4: 366e01c5eaa6d6f631453ce6cd949768

• Can you send the file to the Maya with the camera, so we try to do some tests. https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Seems not working with Blender fbx files CC 2015....
  • Seems not working with Blender fbx files CC 2015....
    Hi Sylvain,
    as you can read from our notes, we certificate compatibility with 3ds and Maya for now.
  • Hi, every time when import fbx it imports without camera, just the null or the solid and layer size always 720x576 no matter what size I set in 3ds max.
    software: 3ds max 2014, after effects cc2014

Any help?
    Thanks
  • Hi, every time when import fbx it imports without camera, just the null or the solid and layer size always 720x576 no matter what size I set in 3ds max.
    software: 3ds max 2014, after effects cc2014

Any help?
    Thanks

Can you send me a file FBX in ASCII ? So we try to understand the problem. Thanks ! [email protected]
  • The AE composition size can be deduced only from the exported camera.
    If the composition dimensions are 720X576 this is the default when no camera is found in the fbx file.
    So is it possible you have not exported the camera during the settings of fbx export dialog?.
    Send us an Fbx that has the problem in ASCII format so that we'll give you an answer as soon as possible.
    Thank you
  • Problem using 3dsmax 2016 + AE 2015 CC

2 minute FULL HD Video shows the problem:

I figured that if you use a Physical Camera, it doesn't work !

Question:
    Any script that allows us to convert a Physical Camer to a Standard Free Max Cam ?

• Problem using 3dsmax 2016 + AE 2015 CC
    2 minute FULL HD Video shows the problem:

I figured that if you use a Physical Camera, it doesn't work !

Question:Any script that allows us to convert a Physical Camer to a Standard Free Max Cam ?

Hi Ben,
    you are right! we don't support phisical camera. It will be the next step in developing.
    You can follow two different way as workaround:
    - find a script to convert from phisical camera to standard camera (e.g. http://www.scriptspot.com/
    - or use the 3dsMax align tool in order to align a new standard camera to phisical one and set focal lenght manually (I hope you use a fixed focal length).

Thanks!

• also.. is there a way to import .fbx geometry ?
    I mean, same thing: Export .fbx geo from max and import to AE.
  • also.. is there a way to import .fbx geometry ?
    I mean, same thing: Export .fbx geo from max and import to AE.
    After Effects can not import the complex geometry. I suggest using VIDEO COPILOT | Element 3D