• Hi

I'm running in  a windows adobe after effects CC 2014.02 version.  Not sure if  this script will work.

Tks.
  • hi Natalia- 
    it should, but download the free trial and give it a try...

-oz
  • Hi Oz

Tks, for the quick reply.

Not sure but I do  believe the trial version comes with limits.

• True (10 layers, 7 days).
    But it'll tell you if it works on your machine...
  • Hi

It's working!!

Thank you for this superb work. It's so easy & intuitive to deal with.

It makes the  all job.:)
  • Dan and I thank you!
  • Where do you find the transition examples on your website that you mention in the youtube tutorials? Cant find any links or reference to it other than in the youtube clips for each script.
  • Where do you find the transition examples on your website that you mention in the youtube tutorials? Cant find any links or reference to it other than in the youtube clips for each script.

Hi Matthew- You can find it here. It relates to TypeMonkey, but the moves are pretty much the same.
  • what about cs6 version?
  • what about cs6 version?
    Hi Marcin- It might be a little while...but we'll put out a notice when its ready. Its definitely tops on the list.
  • Any plans to make a version of Layer Monkey that works with 3D layouts like this?
  • Hi Orrin... Does the discount still work when the version for CS6 is published?
  • Any plans to make a version of Layer Monkey that works with 3D layouts like this?
    Good idea! ;-)
  • Hi Orrin... Does the discount still work when the version for CS6 is published?
    I think that would be fair...
  • If I only buy CircusMonkey from Monkey family, what do I miss? It's really hard to see what is the difference between the monkeys. If you can answer before the discount goes off... :D that would be cool.
  • Hi Miika-
    Let me know if you have specific questions...I'd be happy to answer

What's the difference between the Monkeys?

CircusMonkey creates and animates type. It specializes in complex 3D text layouts using 7 different algorithms that can be adjusted via effects controls after the build.

TypeMonkey also specializes in animated type. It has a unique algorithm that simulates a “2D staircase” design that is popular in kinetic typography.

LayerMonkey uses the same layout algorithm as TypeMonkey, but it works with any type of layer - video, pre-comps, graphics, whatever. However, it won't generate text like CircusMonkey or TypeMonkey. Text has to be prepared manually in Illustrator, Photoshop. 

MotionMonkey is a whole other animal. It has a much more complex and versatile animation system then the others, but it doesn't create a layout, text or generate an animated camera like the others. It's ideal for layered artwork where the layout has already been designed.

All the Monkeys are made to work separately or together, with the most versatile being LayerMonkey which acts as the missing link, marrying pre-comps created in CircusMonkey, TypeMonkey or MotionMonkey. 

Which is best? Well, that depends on your project. The easiest way to tell is to download the trial versions and play with them.

• hi Orrin Zucker 

I'm a fan in your products but  this product does not support Arabic Language

Is there a solution to this problem soon ??
  • Hi Orrin,

I see there is now a version for CS6. But the discount disappeared... Do you remember? ;-) The release date says, the version for CS6 has been published on december, the 27th (X-mas holidays) and now i see it (january, the 4th) a week later with no discount anymore. I purchased all other monkeys... is there a loyal purchaser discount ;-)

Cheers, Peter
  • Anybody there?
  • This may be obvious, but I am struggling.  How do I get the circle rigs (x circle for instance) to move smoothly from word to word and perhaps a few rotations.  Is that the camera rotation?  Thanks for your help.
  • Mark Santella said: This may be obvious, but I am struggling.  How do I get the circle rigs (x circle for instance) to move smoothly from word to word and perhaps a few rotations.  Is that the camera rotation?  Thanks for your help.
    Hi Mark- 

The easiest way to do it for X Circle is to change the camera movement to Linear.

Other types of circles aren't so easy (or if you happen to be using a variety of different type sizes in X Circles)

In those cases, since the camera moves from one centerpoint to the next, the camera will need to cover a variety of distances in the same amount of time, so it'll look like its speeding up or slowing down. 

The best way to deal with it is to not generate a camera, and use the Circle Control Pseudo Effect.

However, if you want to keep the visibility controls, what you can do is generate a camera, unshy the comp, disable the Position and Orientation expressions on the MonkeyCam Target, and then go mess with the Circle Control Pseudo Effect.

Hope that helps...

• Hi,  I've bought this plug-in, and althought it's great, I'm constantly forgetting what the presets are meant to look like.

As Circus Monkey won't allow you to update the layout once you've made one, I'm always having to delete and make a new rig.

I seem to remember in one of your videos you said you have a website that has animated thumbnails that show you what's what. Could you please post the URL for this site please, as when I Google 'Circus Monkey' it only brings me to AEscripts.

Many thanks!
  • Hi,  I've bought this plug-in, and althought it's great, I'm constantly forgetting what the presets are meant to look like.

As Circus Monkey won't allow you to update the layout once you've made one, I'm always having to delete and make a new rig.

I seem to remember in one of your videos you said you have a website that has animated thumbnails that show you what's what. Could you please post the URL for this site please, as when I Google 'Circus Monkey' it only brings me to AEscripts.

Many thanks!
    Hi Paul- I've posted the 7 basic layouts on the bottom of the product page- each one has multiple variations depending on the Word Alignment, Direction, Circle Wrap and Letter Size you choose...then from there you can manually or use the Psudeo Effects to distort it. 

Theres a Motion Reference Movie on the product page to show you the Type Animation moves as well.

Hope that helps!

• You have a promotion for 20% off all four Monkeys if you purchase at once. I have the first three. You would move alot more product if you had a rolling promo where if you already had one you could get 5% off on the second 10% on the third and 20% on the fourth.

Cheers!
    Joe
  • You have a promotion for 20% off all four Monkeys if you purchase at once. I have the first three. You would move alot more product if you had a rolling promo where if you already had one you could get 5% off on the second 10% on the third and 20% on the fourth.

Cheers!
    Joe
    I like you're thinking Joe - but unfortunately the system can't do that for technical reasons. We had a more complex discount structure before, but it was getting too confusing. We ended up simplifying - made everything the same price (which meant lowering the price of Layer and MotionMonkey) and reduced the amount of discounts we offered.

I do like your idea tho - maybe someday!

-oz
  • I also own the 3 previous monkey products... a 20% loyalty (for lack of a better word) discount would be great for existing owners!
  • hey there i am using circus monkey now but cant find a way to animate the rigs like from a circle rig to a y rig and so on...??
  • Can I load the Monkey tools on 2 different computers if I only use one computer at a time?

Thanks,

Jim
  • First off, I use TypeMonkey all the time: excellent product! I see there's a sale for new customers, but is there a sale open for existing customers of your products?
  • First off, I use TypeMonkey all the time: excellent product! I see there's a sale for new customers, but is there a sale open for existing customers of your products?
    Hi Nick- 
     Thanks for the note.

We decided to lower our prices on certain products and take off most of the sale options since it was getting too complicated as our product line grew...there were just too many options so we simplified.

But we do really appreciate the support!
  • Hey, I just bought circus/type monkey and I'm trying to sync to VO. I had it successfully work yesterday after I removed duplicates using the script. Now, I run the duplicates script and it only takes some of the duplicates away. Is there another trick to finish the job off? Thank you.
  • Hey, I just bought circus/type monkey and I'm trying to sync to VO. I had it successfully work yesterday after I removed duplicates using the script. Now, I run the duplicates script and it only takes some of the duplicates away. Is there another trick to finish the job off? Thank you.

How close together are the duplicates? The script only removes them if they're really close.

Do you have a ton of them...can't do it by hand?
    How close together are the duplicates? The script only removes them if they're really close. Do you have a ton of them...can't do it by hand?
    Oh yeah! I can definitely do that. 

Another thing just came up though: I ran Circus Monkey using:
    • Layout: Stationary text rig, center
    • Transition in: Cut on
    • Transition out: Cut
    Problem: I have two words that are overlapping for 1 frame. How do I remove the previous word for that one frame that they're overlapping?
  • Hey Orrin, I have two words that are overlapping for 1 frame. Do you know how I can fix this so that I only see one word? Thanks!
  • Hey Orrin, I have two words that are overlapping for 1 frame. Do you know how I can fix this so that I only see one word? Thanks!

Maybe you could try to unshy and change the opacity of the word? Just a guess.

I think I'd have to see it...can u open a support ticket and send me the project- or post a still?
  • hi 

whay Circus monkey is not support arabic 
  • hi 

whay Circus monkey is not support arabic 
    sorry- TypeMonkey has an Arabic text modifier, but not CircusMonkey. It was created by a third party. Unfortunately we haven't had the time to support that for Arabic...not enough demand (yet).
  • Hi Guys, Is it possible to change the text animations after the rig has been built?
  • Hi Guys, Is it possible to change the text animations after the rig has been built?
    Hey Anthony- Not really, unless you disable the expressions and animate it manually....or just undo and redo it.
  • Circus Monkey Question
    I need to edit the text, not the animation? Is there an how to tutorial? Thanks
  • Circus Monkey Question
    I need to edit the text, not the animation? Is there an how to tutorial? Thanks
    Hey Harrison- 
    Theres no tutorial, but all you need to do is unshy the comp and unlock the text and change text as you normally would- or you can use MonkeyTools and click Unshy Text/Image.

If its extensive changes (including number of words or vastly different lengths of words), I'd recommend rebuilding if possible. You can save the master control layer and use Marker Sync if you have specific timing you need to match (and have the same number of words). 

Hope that helps.
  • Hey Orrin, I picked up Circus Monkey, Layer Monkey, and Monkey Bars today. I plan on getting the whole suite when funds allow it. I'm having a bit of trouble with Circus Monkey. I'm trying to do what you do in the video in the link below, but I can't seem to duplicate any of the things you did. My "effects" with Circus Monkey seem really bland and boring. I'm sure it's just a matter of experimenting and trying things out, but I'd like to at least get my feet wet by following something. When I leave the default text in Circus Monkey, clock DO IT, then go to stretch Z out, the text doesn't seem to flow the same way it does when you show it in the video below. I'll post a short video showing what I mean and post a video of what you did and maybe you can tell me what I'm missing. I'd like the text to pop up, one after another, but as I it is right now, it's just scrolling through the text with no particular substance to it. Thanks..

mov
    mov
    circus monkey.mov
    3M
    mov
    mov
    circus monkey not working for me.mov
    5M
  • Hey Orrin, I picked up Circus Monkey, Layer Monkey, and Monkey Bars today. I plan on getting the whole suite when funds allow it. I'm having a bit of trouble with Circus Monkey. I'm trying to do what you do in the video in the link below, but I can't seem to duplicate any of the things you did. My "effects" with Circus Monkey seem really bland and boring. I'm sure it's just a matter of experimenting and trying things out, but I'd like to at least get my feet wet by following something. When I leave the default text in Circus Monkey, clock DO IT, then go to stretch Z out, the text doesn't seem to flow the same way it does when you show it in the video below. I'll post a short video showing what I mean and post a video of what you did and maybe you can tell me what I'm missing. I'd like the text to pop up, one after another, but as I it is right now, it's just scrolling through the text with no particular substance to it. Thanks..

Hey Hardy-ok- I figured it out. Whats going on is that you haven't stretched the rig out in z space enough, so the camera is just kinda inching along as it changes framing from one word to the next. If you stretch it more it'll do what you think it should. Also try to activate the transition in and out. Open a support ticket if that doesn't work for you...

hope that helps.
    -oz
    -oz
  • Hey Orrin, thanks for the quick reply, you gave some great some information. I figured it out right after I posted this message, guess I should've experimented a bit more :). I had the rig set to stationary, once I set it to Z Space, I got the result I wanted. I am having another problem. I working on a commercial for a local restoration company here in Houston. They have this line in the first couple of frames of the video:

Your Local Fire, Water, Mold, and Smoke
    Service Removal Service Company

I'm trying to find a way to make Fire, red, Water, blue, Mold, green, and Smoke some sort of grayish color, having it animated within Monkey Bars as well. I'll choose the rest of the colors and boxes. I'm limited in that I only have and can afford Monkey Bars and Layer Monkey as of right now, I might be able to pick up a few more of the Monkey Apps tomorrow. If there's a way to do accomplish this with the two monkey scripts I have right now, that'd be great. If you think I'd be better off picking up another Monkey Script that might help this process out more, let me know that too. Thanks again!

• Hey Orrin, thanks for the quick reply, you gave some great some information. I figured it out right after I posted this message, guess I should've experimented a bit more :). I had the rig set to stationary, once I set it to Z Space, I got the result I wanted. I am having another problem. I working on a commercial for a local restoration company here in Houston. They have this line in the first couple of frames of the video:

Your Local Fire, Water, Mold, and Smoke
    Service Removal Service Company

I'm trying to find a way to make Fire, red, Water, blue, Mold, green, and Smoke some sort of grayish color, having it animated within Monkey Bars as well. I'll choose the rest of the colors and boxes. I'm limited in that I only have and can afford Monkey Bars and Layer Monkey as of right now, I might be able to pick up a few more of the Monkey Apps tomorrow. If there's a way to do accomplish this with the two monkey scripts I have right now, that'd be great. If you think I'd be better off picking up another Monkey Script that might help this process out more, let me know that too. Thanks again!
    hey hardy-
    best to open p a support ticket and I'll help you out. These boards are really just for comments and stuff. Send me a project or a visual too so I can see what you're doing. no need to send assets - I'm just looking at the monkey stuff.
  • Is there a discussion forum where users hare their experiences and hints? I've downloaded the trial version of CM but I'm not sure how to get it to do exactly what the tutorial shows.
  • Ok I've given up on CM, I'm trying TM instead.
  • Ok I've given up on CM, I'm trying TM instead.

Hey Jonathan- for some reason I missed your first message...my apologies.
    CM and TM are very different animals...each better or worse than the other at doing specific tasks...can you open a support ticket and tell me about what you’re trying to achieve? I might be able to help you out better there.
    Thx
    Oz
  • Will this work on CC 2019? Want to know before discount deadline.
  • Will this work on CC 2019? Want to know before discount deadline.
    Hi Stunami- it does...I updated the Compatibility list. Thanks for pointing that out.