CI Master Thumbnailer
  • Hello. 
    I can't make this work on CC2015 on Windows 10. No matter what I try, it gives a "The directory originally specified in the selected output module no longer exists." error and afterwards it says all renders are done, but nothing is rendered. 

• Hi Sam,

I'm looking into it. In the meantime, could you please file a support ticket, for this issue?

All the best
    Bart

• No matter what I do, the script just exports the first frame of the render list.

I use CC 13.7.16.
  • Hi Konstantin,

Please file a support ticket and I'll take care of it.

All the best
    Bart
  • Hi Bart,
     i just downloaded the trial and the .aom files are missing from the zip archive

any ideas?
  • Doh, they were indeed missing. I uploaded a new version that contains the files. Sorry about that.
  • Hi,
    ist there a way to create more digits for the counter {#}?
    I need a seemless sequence.

thnx
  • Hi Konstantin,

It looks like I'll be doing an update of the script in October, so I'm logging this as a feature request. Is there a maximum number that you can think about?
  • I am trying to use the trial version.

When trying to load the presets, I receive the error "there were six templates that were not loaded because each had the same name as one already loaded".

Despite this, the four presets (Thumbnail JPG, PNG, TIFF, and PSD) then show up in the output module dropdown menu.

However, when trying to run the script, I then get the error "No render settings for Thumbnailer found. Please import the file named "ThumbnailerPresets.aom" that came with the script first."

I have tried this on Mac OS X CC2014, CC 2015, and CC 2017, and I get the same error in all three versions.

I also filed a support ticket.
  • Hi Edward,

The error on import is not important. I had problems isolating the required four presets, so there are some in the file that you will have on your system anyway. The four that begin with "Thumbnail" are the ones that matter. It seems that they are imported into your system, so the error message is indeed disconcerting. 

Have you tried importing CC 2014 version or CS6 version?

The script looks for these presets, and they have to start with "Thumbnail " for the error message not to appear. Are you sure they were not renamed or changed in any way?
  • Thanks. It is inexplicably working now. Not sure what I did differently this time.

I have another question, though. I am exporting the first frame of approx 50-100 comps at a time. I'd like them to be named with only the comp name (no frame number or anything else). When I set the naming convention to {%N}, however, it renders each frame as compName_undefined.png. Any way to get rid of "_undefined"? (Obviously, renaming the files post-render isn't a huge problem, but would love to skip the step.)
  • It's a bug, since technically it should be adding a valid even if you don't supply one. I might reconsider this, but I'm rather willing to err on AE not overwriting the frames it already rendered. 
  • Bart,

This looks extremely useful and I have just downloaded a trial.

I have hit an annoying problem in that I am working on a Macbook Air and, having installed the trial and opened up the panel, for some reason it is not responding to my scroll gesture (swiping up on the trackpad) which means I cannot access the button at the bottom to process them. The swipe works for all other panels. There is also no scrolling banner on the right and using tab to go through the choices is picked up by AE and just scrolls through other panels.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Many thanks in advance as I'd really love to purchase this.

Jim
    It is a Macbook Air M1 using After Effects 2022 with BigSur OS. 
  • Hi Jim,

The script is build using old Script UI that does not support scrolling. I'll be making a revised edition once After Effects supports the new UXP framework, but that is not going to be that soon. 

The only thing that I can suggest as a workaround for now is attaching an external monitor or temporarily increasing screen resolution. 

All the best
    Bart