• Hey guys - could you show some other uses - i feel like there is alot more of potential hidden in there that isnt showcased - can you do generic and not so fancy stuff like banner/logo-walls - logo-grid or things like carousel-rotation-wheels?
  • Hi Flo,

There's so many use of Pastiche... We'll try to give more exemple in the future. In the demo you can see that we are always using the position transformation. But you can also set your objects to remain still and only act on scale/rotation/opacity.
    I also use it a lot just to "throw" objects in specific area of my comps.
    You need to spend a little time with it and also with LayerGenerator.

Cheers.
    Val.
  • I got the plugin today and had a go at using a fairly long movie clip as a symbol, seemed to work quite well. Look forward to using it a lot more in future.
    Here's a link to the video
  • Hi,
    I just tried the trial. Is the 25 layer limit only for the trial? No layer limit in full version?
    Thanx
  • Hello,

Thank you for your very nice plugin. But I have a question. In your example, the text or vector shape that serves as the template, is always static (not moving). But what if I have a moving text, for example something made with TypeMonkey. Would this also work with Pastiche?
    If yes, how?
  • @ Jeff Jones: yes, the25 layer limitation is only present in the trial version, not in the full version
  • Hello,

Thank you for your very nice plugin. But I have a question. In your example, the text or vector shape that serves as the template, is always static (not moving). But what if I have a moving text, for example something made with TypeMonkey. Would this also work with Pastiche?
    If yes, how?
    Pastiche will not look at the animation, it will only look at specified frames defined by layer markers or every X frames.

Hope this helps.
  • Hi there, 
    I've a question regarding the shape filling process in a constrained space. I've just given a try with the demo version and I notice that the filling process stops when each layer has been consumed once. So 25 images make a filled shape with 25 images. Is it possible to over fill the shape, say 25 images images fill a shape with 200 images taken among the 25 images set, or say the filling process stops upon a given space left variable. I have developped a similar process (outside AE) that only works on static images and I see Pastiche as magic solution to speed up the process and to experiment animation..
    Basically, my question is can Pastiche create a similar image (see below) with a limited set of layers (a layer being reused multiple time). Thank you

• "Basically, my question is can Pastiche create a similar image (see below) with a limited set of layers (a layer being reused multiple time)."

Just duplicate the layers :)
    Pastiche will create collage based on what is in your composition. Period.

Cheers.
    Val.
  • Hi, I just purchased the plugin with the following idea for an animation. The source comp is a vectorized cloud that is slightly animation over time (so the cloud consists of circles with a slight wiggle on position). I have tried to set frames to render every 25 second, but after every keyframes all layers move to a complete new position. 

I'm looking for a much more gentle effect where the layers are only slightly moving like the source.

See the render : 
  • Hi Bas,
    Use "minimum assignment" in layer order.

Cheers.
    Val.

• Hi, can you please explain how to create the flying posters animation in your video? The tutorial video shows how to build the comp and apply pastiche, but I couldn't find any info on how to animate flying movie posters the way you did in the promo video. Thanks.
  • Once you have created your collage, turn on the 3D for all your layers.
    Select all your layer, advance in time of a few seconds, place a keyframe on the position.
    Go back to T=0, move all your layer on the Z axis.
    Then you just need to randomize the timing of your layers.

Hope this helps.
    Val.
  • Hey this is such a cool plug in and a lot of fun to work with.

I just have an idea for a companion script. I often use a little dot shape (as you've showed in the tutorials) as the starting point for all the "particles" but than move them of the screen so that they come into view and form the logo,... The only problem with that is that I have to manually select all the position keyframes first before I can move them(sometimes with the help of the KeyTweak Script) as hitting the P key on the keyboard only reveals but doesn't select the keys. If I use the offset feature it is even more "tricky"- depending on the value. So my idea for a script would be a simple one that selects all the revealed keys in the timeline under the current Work Area.
    But I'm not sure if this would even be possible to do with a script. But maybe you clever guys at Motion Boutique can come up with something :-)

Best
  • What does Pastiche use to determine when two objects are overlapping? I used it with text layers to try to make a word cloud but the layers are overlapping like crazy even though I have prevent overlap checked. Also I tried precomping each text layer then cropping the comps to the text bounding box and that didn't work either. Thanks!
  • Christopher,
    Could you please open a support ticket and send us a minimal version of your project?

Cheers.
    Val.
  • From my initial experimentation with you plugin, it seems that the mask element needs to be centered within field of the shapes (assuming they are in an grid array, for example), otherwise the shapes seem to recenter on the extent of the mask element before animating into the collage.

Is there a way to have the mask element in the lower left (for example) of the comp, and have grid of elements covering comp animate smoothly into the collage with out first transforming around the extent of the element?

hopefully that is clear...
  • Hi Matt,

Not at all... do you mind opening a support ticket?

Cheers.
    Val
  • When animating from one object to another, is there a way to use pastiche to return the dependent layers back to their original positions and scales in the first frame? I'm basically trying to make a loop animation from one object shifting to another, and all the small circles I've placed inside of them animating back to their original positions and scales (without using the time-reverse layer effect).
  • No, you'll have to copy/paste keyframes (or use the time-reverse layer effect).

• Hi - I was just taking a look at pastiche and I'm very impressed - how does one get the effect that happens at 7 seconds in your quick start guide?  In that sequence, we see the images of the collage flying in from off camera to form the text "MOVIE".

is this done by animating and offsetting the source layers?  Or is it all done from within pastiche?

• Hi I have question. How can I made like  56" ~ 1:02"sequence  in pastiche promotion movie.
    I need to change b/w movie into particle movie like your promo movie. plz help me...

• lee seobb said:
    Hi I have question. How can I made like  56" ~ 1:02"sequence  in pastiche promotion movie.
    I need to change b/w movie into particle movie like your promo movie. plz help me...

You should follow our tutorial to understand how this is made: 

• Hi - I was just taking a look at pastiche and I'm very impressed - how does one get the effect that happens at 7 seconds in your quick start guide?  In that sequence, we see the images of the collage flying in from off camera to form the text "MOVIE".

is this done by animating and offsetting the source layers?  Or is it all done from within pastiche?

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the delay.
    Once you have created your collage, turn on the 3D for all your layers.
    Select all your layer, advance in time of a few seconds, place a keyframe on the position.
    Go back to T=0, move all your layer on the Z axis.
    Then you just need to randomize the timing of your layers.

Hope this helps.
    Val.
  • Hi Motion Boutique,
    I recently got Pastiche and I like it very much so far, great tool! With my current project though, I stumbled upon a behavior I can´t explain. I´ll try to explain what I wanna do: I have a bunch of layers, and I use Pastiche to arrange them in a circle. Then I have a video of a rotating earth (same size as the circle), only black and transparent. What I want to do is to control the opacity of the layers with Pastiche using the rotating earth video as reference. So I set Pastiche to ignore Position (i.e. keep the position I arranged before with the circle), rotation and scale, and let the opacity be controlled by the alpha channel. As a result I get all layers set to 0% opacity. When I set position to "organic", it works fine, but the layers jump around very much, not the desired result. When I set position to "Use previous", all layers jump to another position in the comp, somewhere outside my view, with the opacity set to 0. Do you have an idea what I´m doing wrong? 
    Thanks in advance and best regards
    Daniel
  • Hi Daniel,
    Please open a support ticket and attach a minimal version of your project. We'll be glad to help you.
    Cheers,
    Charles
  • Hi Daniel,
    Please open a support ticket and attach a minimal version of your project. We'll be glad to help you.
    Cheers,
    Charles
    Awesome, will do. Thank you!
  • Most of the time, Pastiche is not giving the expected results because your preview is not set to "full resolution".
  • Not working with CS5 as indicate, but asked for CS5.5 or later !  : (
    Please correct compatibility infos !

• Hi Tehri,

Please open a support ticket here and send us a minimal version of your aep.

Cheers.
    Val.
  • Hi Tehri, Please open a support ticket here and send us a minimal version of your aep.

Hi buddy
    No matter, i'll figure out later... i have not any special project with the plugin at the moment... i just install the trial version, open AE (CS5 working fine), create just a comp, but each time i call for Pastiche, get this message :

• Hi Tehri,
    Technically speaking Pastiche requires CS5.5 or later, but since this version is quite old and not installed on our machines anymore, we decided to provide support for CS6 and later.
    Cheers,
    Charles
  • 'Technically speaking Pastiche requires CS5.5 or later, but since this version is quite old and not installed on our machines anymore, we decided to provide support for CS6 and later.'

Thx, Charles.
    And as i said previously, you should remove CS5 in Compatibility infos as mentionned !
    Cheers.

• done! thx a lot!
  • done! thx a lot!
    No mention !!
    Thx for your wonderful jobs !!
  • Hi,

Thank you for this plug-in firstly, it is very useful for my motion graphics work.

I am trying to replicate the effect from the demo video (0:59 - 1:04 seconds) where there is a runner. I have been trying for hours and cannot get the same results.

Can you help?

Thanks
  • Hello, i had a problem with Pastiche when i click to create, all layers move out of the comp any help plz. thank you :)
  • Hi Adam,
    Try setting preview's resolution to full.
  • Hi guys! Love the plugin! just started working with it and I wanted to know if there's a way to shift the shapes along the collage in sort of a "pipeline" style way. I have this composition I'm working with (image below) that I'd love to have the circles move from left to right through the swoosh and hopefully even change in size. If it were possible as well I'd love to be able to use offset to have a running loop of those shapes, but that may be too extensive. Any ideas or suggestions of other plugins that may help out with this? Thanks!
    Slide02 (0-00-01-21).jpg
    640 x 360 - 39K
  • Yes, I would like to know what Kyle is talking about. In the demo you had someone running and I'm very curious how you did that. 
  • Hi guys! Love the plugin! just started working with it and I wanted to know if there's a way to shift the shapes along the collage in sort of a "pipeline" style way. I have this composition I'm working with (image below) that I'd love to have the circles move from left to right through the swoosh and hopefully even change in size. If it were possible as well I'd love to be able to use offset to have a running loop of those shapes, but that may be too extensive. Any ideas or suggestions of other plugins that may help out with this? Thanks!
    Hi Kyle,
    Sorry, I don't have any solution using Pastiche to do this.

Cheers,
    Val.
  • Yes, I would like to know what Kyle is talking about. In the demo you had someone running and I'm very curious how you did that. 
    there you are!
  • Thanks for answering my previous question so quickly. One more thing, I'm having a little trouble understanding what you mean by organic vs from neighborhood. Is there any documentation on that and what each functionality does? Loving the results I'm getting from this plugin though. 
  • Well you can read the documentation provided in the package! :)
    Thanks for the kind word.

Val.
  • Hello,

Does Pastiche work for after effects Mac or not?

Thank you.
  • Hello,

Does Pastiche work for after effects Mac or not?

Thank you.
    sure it does!
  • Hi there, I am trying to use pastiche to make dots fly in from off the screen and form a shape much like one of your example. Is there a way to do this or did you just have to position the elements off screen then make a 'use previous' keyframe at the start of your comp. 
  • Hi there, I am trying to use pastiche to make dots fly in from off the screen and form a shape much like one of your example. Is there a way to do this or did you just have to position the elements off screen then make a 'use previous' keyframe at the start of your comp. 
    You can either move each object one by one to move them off screen or....use pastiche to do this for you :)
  • hi, which is the fastest? to leaf the alphabet as font or change into shape layer? I'm working with a 7k size comp...and with more than 500 letters...thanks!