• Hi, this script is amazing! (used LabelToolbar for a while now).

However, i have an error while launching the script. 

"Unable to execute the script at line 980. After Effects error : Could not convert Unicode characters"
    First time ever i have an error like this. 
    I checked the "allow scripts to write files & access network" a long time ago now. 
    I uninstalled LabelToolbars thinking maybe it were a conflict between Labels & LabelToolbar but it didn't changed anything.

I'm stuck. 

Not a big issue since i still run LabelToolbar but i wish i could use Labels instead.

Anyway, cheers!
  • Hi Julien. That's weird, this shouldn't happen.
    Can you please open support ticket here so we can proceed debugging it? Thanks

Hi, this script is amazing! (used LabelToolbar for a while now).

However, i have an error while launching the script. 

"Unable to execute the script at line 980. After Effects error : Could not convert Unicode characters"
    First time ever i have an error like this. 
    I checked the "allow scripts to write files & access network" a long time ago now. 
    I uninstalled LabelToolbars thinking maybe it were a conflict between Labels & LabelToolbar but it didn't changed anything.

I'm stuck. 

Not a big issue since i still run LabelToolbar but i wish i could use Labels instead.

Anyway, cheers!

• Hi,

while I create a new solid all the colors in the Labels Panel are disappearing. I would love to color pick them so the Layer has the same color as its Label.

Is this possible?

Kind regards
    Christian
  • Hi Christian.
    I am aware of this issue, however there's no way around it for now.

Hi,

while I create a new solid all the colors in the Labels Panel are disappearing. I would love to color pick them so the Layer has the same color as its Label.

Is this possible?

Kind regards
    Christian

• Hi Tomas,

I can't try your script

I have this message:

Impossible d'exécuter le script à la ligne 1086. Uncaught JavaScript exception: Unable to find " Prefs-indepgeneral.txt" in ~ /Library/Preferences/Adobe/After%20Effects/13.8

I have allowed the script to access network in the Preferences/General panel of After Effects and i dropped it in the ScriptUI Panels folder.

Any idea?  :/

Regards.
  • Hi Fabien.
    This is a weird bug.
    Can you try the following:
    1. Remove Labels from Scripts UI for time being. Restart AE.
    2. Go to After Effects -> Preferences -> Labels and change something there, like color or color name.
    3. Close AE and install Labels again.
    4. Run AE and let me know if this still throws an error.

It looks as if "Prefs-indepgeneral.txt" are being created only when something is changed in preferences. So if you have default preferences, this file does not exist. But once you manually change label name or label color in preferences, this Prefs-indepgeneral.txt file gets created. 

Let me know if this solves the issue.

Hi Tomas,

I can't try your script

I have this message:

Impossible d'exécuter le script à la ligne 1086. Uncaught JavaScript exception: Unable to find " Prefs-indepgeneral.txt" in ~ /Library/Preferences/Adobe/After%20Effects/13.8

I have allowed the script to access network in the Preferences/General panel of After Effects and i dropped it in the ScriptUI Panels folder.

Regards.

• Fabian, please re-download Labels as I have fixed this issue in version 1.1.
    Thank you.

Hi Tomas,

I can't try your script

I have this message:

Regards.

• Hello,

I reseted After Effects but always being careful to allow the access the network.

At the very first time i've made no changes in the label preferences.

Then i had this message:

"Impossible d'exécuter le script à la ligne 980. After Effects (erreur) : impossible de convertir les caractères Unicode".

I decided to cancel the special characters like the french words with some accents to see if it's going to work.

Unfortunately not   :/

After modifying some of them i still have the same message:

I do not understand anything  :(

Hi Fabien.
    This is a weird bug.
    Can you try the following:
    1. Remove Labels from Scripts UI for time being. Restart AE.
    2. Go to After Effects -> Preferences -> Labels and change something there, like color or color name.
    3. Close AE and install Labels again.
    4. Run AE and let me know if this still throws an error.

It looks as if "Prefs-indepgeneral.txt" are being created only when something is changed in preferences. So if you have default preferences, this file does not exist. But once you manually change label name or label color in preferences, this Prefs-indepgeneral.txt file gets created. 

Let me know if this solves the issue.

Hi Tomas,

I can't try your script

I have this message:

Regards.

• Fabien, please make sure you are using latest version of Labels as this issue has been addressed in version 1.1. Please download script again and see if those error still pop-up.

Thank you.
  • Great ! It works now  :)

TYVM Tomas  ;)
  • The toolbar colors don't match with the colors I've set in my preferences. Any idea why or how to fix it?

Labels v1
    AE 2017 (14.1.0.57)
    Mac OS 10.12

• Hi Brien.
    This shouldn't be happening. Let's solve this!
    Please open a support ticket here https://aescripts.com/contact/ so we can proceed.

The toolbar colors don't match with the colors I've set in my preferences. Any idea why or how to fix it?

Labels v1
    AE 2017 (14.1.0.57)
    Mac OS 10.12

• I don't get the pop up button in the preferences>labels page to randomize colours
  • Hi Mike.
    Of course you don't, because such button doesn't exist. That's why promo video says "Imaginary Color Randomisation button"
    I don't get the pop up button in the preferences>labels page to randomize colours

• Hi Tom,

I just bought Labels and Prism, neither work, same problem, error 1261 with Unicode. Both are latest version, After Effects is up to date.
    I'm running After Effects in french.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks
  • Hi Nicolas. Do you mind opening support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/ - we'll sort it out.

Hi Tom,

I just bought Labels and Prism, neither work, same problem, error 1261 with Unicode. Both are latest version, After Effects is up to date.
    I'm running After Effects in french.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks

• when you launch the trial version writes - unable to execute at line 100. is out of range
  • Hi Ben.
    I had such bug report already, but wasn't able to reproduce it on my system.
    I see you opened support ticket, so I will try to investigate this issue with your help.
    Thanks for reporting it.
    when you launch the trial version writes - unable to execute at line 100. is out of range

• Hello,

How can I create my own custom colors?

• Hello, i can´t find any Label-Themes preinstalled... How do i get the Themes from the Manual?
  • They are on the bottom of the product page: https://aescripts.com/labels/

Hello, i can´t find any Label-Themes preinstalled... How do i get the Themes from the Manual?