Monkey Suite Bundle
  • no CS6 compatibility = no buy...
    Hi Marcin- technically only MonkeyCam Pro isnt CS6 compatible, so we just used the lowest common denominator. 
  • Not to be picky, but 20% off would be $384.
  • We were just making sure you were paying attention. :-)
  • Is there an "upgrade" for those who might already own 1 or more of the products?
  • Is there an "upgrade" for those who might already own 1 or more of the products?

Hi Adam- we're looking into it. I'll get back to you on that.
  • Hello,

I am confused about the upgrade to Monkey Suite. If I purchases TypeMonkey($90), LayerMonkey ($90), MotionMonkey ($90) and Monkey Bars (460) for a total value of $330.

Why would I pay $325 for an upgrade to add Monkey Cam Pro ($60) and Circus Monkey ($90)? An additional value of $150.

Perhaps I have mis-interpreted the offer. I love the products but this does not seem like a value added offer.

Can you please clarify for me.

Thanks a lot.

• Hello,

I am confused about the upgrade to Monkey Suite. If I purchases TypeMonkey($90), LayerMonkey ($90), MotionMonkey ($90) and Monkey Bars (460) for a total value of $330.

Why would I pay $325 for an upgrade to add Monkey Cam Pro ($60) and Circus Monkey ($90)? An additional value of $150.

Perhaps I have mis-interpreted the offer. I love the products but this does not seem like a value added offer.

Can you please clarify for me.

Thanks a lot.
    Hi Mark- 
    The Suite is really meant for users who don't own any Monkeys. We just added an upgrade path  for anyone who owns one.  That upgrade also shows up on anyone who owns more than one monkey too...tho it doesnt really make sense for them, unless they need another set of monkeys.

Since theres so many variations we had to simplify things. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

-oz
  • Is this compatible with AE CS6?
  • Is this compatible with AE CS6?
    Hi Kimmo- all of them are compatible except for MonkeyCam Pro
    That's a shame... I mean CS6 is almost 5 years old... if you do this kind of work professionally, there really is no excuse for keeping your tools up to date.

• Question to the developers.  As I understand it, evoking these tools results simply in expressions being placed on the necessary layers in one's comp.  If that is so, then it should work in a pipeline in which not all users have the corresponding monkey, yes?  Being a freelancer to travels from studio to studio, I would like to be able to use these tools and hand off the files without subsequent users coming in behind me unable to load the scene correctly due to missing data. I realize subsequent users who are sans monkey wouldn't be able to tweak or adjust via the monkey interfaces, but I am unsure if the absence of them will result in expression errors.

Let me know ASAP, as I am interesting in buying the lot...

Thanks!

• Question to the developers.  As I understand it, evoking these tools results simply in expressions being placed on the necessary layers in one's comp.  If that is so, then it should work in a pipeline in which not all users have the corresponding monkey, yes?  Being a freelancer to travels from studio to studio, I would like to be able to use these tools and hand off the files without subsequent users coming in behind me unable to load the scene correctly due to missing data. I realize subsequent users who are sans monkey wouldn't be able to tweak or adjust via the monkey interfaces, but I am unsure if the absence of them will result in expression errors.

Let me know ASAP, as I am interesting in buying the lot...

Thanks!

Hey Will-

You're correct- you don't need a monkey to read a project that has monkey builds in them...they just can't create new builds unless they have the scripts...obviously. But they can still tweak them manually.

Hope that helps
  • Hey Orrin, 

Thanks!  That's what I needed.  Full Suite ordered.  Cheers - off to monkey around!
  • Hey Orrin, 

Thanks!  That's what I needed.  Full Suite ordered.  Cheers - off to monkey around!

Much appreciated Will!
  • Please add eyedroper or box to allow pasting of color code, it wastes so much time to insert RGB one by one! Time is money:D 
  • Please add eyedroper or box to allow pasting of color code, it wastes so much time to insert RGB one by one! Time is money:D 
    p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

David- Sorry - scripts have no control over the color picker. Not much we can do...

• If I'm understanding correctly, it is not possible to follow the "Sync to Lyrics" tutorial with TypeMonkey/CircusMonkey if I'm using Adobe CC 2017 since they removed that functionality in Premiere. Is this correct?

I love the software concept, but unless there is a reasonable workaround, the inability to sync audible speech to written text is a no-go. Any ideas?
  • If I'm understanding correctly, it is not possible to follow the "Sync to Lyrics" tutorial with TypeMonkey/CircusMonkey if I'm using Adobe CC 2017 since they removed that functionality in Premiere. Is this correct?

I love the software concept, but unless there is a reasonable workaround, the inability to sync audible speech to written text is a no-go. Any ideas?
    Hi Jerome- I think there's two options...
    1- use TextSyncr (a script here on aescripts)
    2) install an old version of Premiere

I know- I'm as disappointed as you are! I guess they couldn't perfect it.

Hope that helps
    Oz
  • I'll take a look at TextSyncr. Thanks!
  • Orrin, as a follow-up, I tried TextSyncr, but couldn't get anything above 8% text-to-audio accuracy using After Effects CC 2017. However, I did discover that if you have a Creative Cloud subscription, you can download and install After Effects CS6 as part of the subscription. It plays fine with CC 2017, and has the Content Analysis tool later versions of CC are missing.

I used CS6 Content Analysis with my test VO file (clean, high quality recording, 712 words), and it was just about perfect. I did end up with double markers on everything, but used the awesome marker removal script included in the trial (worked great). So that seems to be a good workaround for CC users with the latest updates who want to sync to VO or lyrics. I'm sure I'll be purchasing a Monkey package within the next few days. Thanks!
  • Orrin, as a follow-up, I tried TextSyncr, but couldn't get anything above 8% text-to-audio accuracy using After Effects CC 2017. However, I did discover that if you have a Creative Cloud subscription, you can download and install After Effects CS6 as part of the subscription. It plays fine with CC 2017, and has the Content Analysis tool later versions of CC are missing.

I used CS6 Content Analysis with my test VO file (clean, high quality recording, 712 words), and it was just about perfect. I did end up with double markers on everything, but used the awesome marker removal script included in the trial (worked great). So that seems to be a good workaround for CC users with the latest updates who want to sync to VO or lyrics. I'm sure I'll be purchasing a Monkey package within the next few days. Thanks!
    Thats great news- I was so blown away by content analysis when I did that tut, and was really bummed it disappeared. Glad to see this worked out!
    -oz
  • Hi,

I am looking to buy one or more Monkeys during the upcoming post-NAB, pre-BlendFest sale, and I had a couple of questions.

Question 1: I want to buy only one text-related Monkey, so today I downloaded trial versions of both TypeMonkey and CircusMonkey and it looks like Circus Monkey is the more powerful of the two, so I'm very much leaning that way.  Is there any advantage to TypeMonkey over Circus Monkey, other than TypeMonkey has perhaps a more simplified interface and the ability to automatically create certain specific text animations?  Based on playing with each of these plug-ins for a couple of hours, I am thinking Circus Monkey is much more flexible, but I want to make sure that all the capabilities in TextMonkey (aside from very easily creating certain custom animations) are available in Circus Monkey. I know marker sync works in both Monkeys--and that's the big one for me--but I also want to make sure there aren't any known CircusMonkey-unique weaknesses or compatibility issues as compared to TypeMonkey.  If there aren't any, I'm thinking Circus Monkey will be my clear choice for text animation.  Am I missing something?

Question 2:  When I installed the TRIAL version of CircusMonkey, I put the jsxbin javascript script file and the ffx effects files in the dockable scripts folder ("ScriptUI Panels" folder within the "Scripts" folder on my PC).  However, when I run the script, input the text, and go to the effects panel to create the animation, all of the CircusMonkey effects say "Missing:" before them.  All of the effects still work, so its not a deal breaker, but I hate seeing "Missing:" before all of the Circus Monkey Effects in the effects panel.  I also copied the ffx files to the effects folder to see if that would get rid of the annoying "Missing:" prefix, but it did not.  Any advice?  I could very well have something checked (or not checked) in my preferences, or have a non-default path somewhere in my preferences, so I'll play with it and try to figure it out if needed, but I was hoping someone else has already had this little annoying issue and you know how to fix it.  Or maybe the "Missing:" goes away when I buy the product?  

Lastly, not sure it matters, but I tested both TextMonkey and CircusMonkey on a PC running CS6, and had no issues (other than the "Missing:" prefix in the effects panel).

Any guidance/assistance you can provide would be appreciated.  

Great scripts.  Unreal how simple they are.  I also have RubberizeIt, and you'd be surprised how many grown adults are thoroughly entertained by a well-composited rubberized layer that takes just minutes to create and tweak.  Thank you.
  • Hey Jeffery- I'll try to answer these:
    Question 1: I want to buy only one text-related Monkey, so today I downloaded trial versions of both TypeMonkey and CircusMonkey and it looks like Circus Monkey is the more powerful of the two, so I'm very much leaning that way.  Is there any advantage to TypeMonkey over Circus Monkey, other than TypeMonkey has perhaps a more simplified interface and the ability to automatically create certain specific text animations?  Based on playing with each of these plug-ins for a couple of hours, I am thinking Circus Monkey is much more flexible, but I want to make sure that all the capabilities in TextMonkey (aside from very easily creating certain custom animations) are available in Circus Monkey. I know marker sync works in both Monkeys--and that's the big one for me--but I also want to make sure there aren't any known CircusMonkey-unique weaknesses or compatibility issues as compared to TypeMonkey.  If there aren't any, I'm thinking Circus Monkey will be my clear choice for text animation.  Am I missing something?

I think you're assessment is pretty accurate- TypeMonkey is quicker and easier, but CircusMonkey can do a lot more, but takes a bit more work. CircusMonkey doesn't use the same layout algorithm as TM, so it doesn't give you that 'stairstep' look that is popular in kinetic text.
    Another option would be to look at LayerMonkey, which has 2 more layout algorithms (and includes the TM layout as well), and can work any kind of layer - the downside is that it doesn't generate text, you have to import your own.
    We try not to have too much overlap between products.

Question 2:  When I installed the TRIAL version of CircusMonkey, I put the jsxbin javascript script file and the ffx effects files in the dockable scripts folder ("ScriptUI Panels" folder within the "Scripts" folder on my PC).  However, when I run the script, input the text, and go to the effects panel to create the animation, all of the CircusMonkey effects say "Missing:" before them.  All of the effects still work, so its not a deal breaker, but I hate seeing "Missing:" before all of the Circus Monkey Effects in the effects panel.  I also copied the ffx files to the effects folder to see if that would get rid of the annoying "Missing:" prefix, but it did not.  Any advice?  I could very well have something checked (or not checked) in my preferences, or have a non-default path somewhere in my preferences, so I'll play with it and try to figure it out if needed, but I was hoping someone else has already had this little annoying issue and you know how to fix it.  Or maybe the "Missing:" goes away when I buy the product?  

It's a CS6 thing - because of that issue we could have labeled it as just a CC compatible script, but I thought that the "Missing" warning was bearable if it still worked correctly. Frankly, if I trying to achieve some of the effects that CM allows you to do, I'd put up with it given the alternative of doing it by hand..

The easy way to fix it would be to upgrade to Creative Cloud ;-)

Hope that helps

-oz

• Thanks again for the reply. I DMd you, any chance it could be related to the trial version (vs the paid version)?
  • Thanks again for the reply. I DMd you, any chance it could be related to the trial version (vs the paid version)?
    Unfortunately no...its a CS6 thing.
  • Ok, thanks. Like you said, I can definitely live with it since the plugin still works as advertised in CS6 (and the animations it produces are so customizable). I was just hoping there was a fix for the silly dialog boxes in CS6. Thanks for responding so quickly. I look forward to having the paid version on Monday (or whenever the sale starts).
  • Is it possible to have a layer from one comp follow the scale of a layer with monkeymotion controlling it in another comp?   I've tried to pickwhip to the scale of a layer which is controlled by motionmonkey (I can see the expression on the layer's scale), and though it shows no error, it still will not follow the scale.
  • Is it possible to have a layer from one comp follow the scale of a layer with monkeymotion controlling it in another comp?   I've tried to pickwhip to the scale of a layer which is controlled by motionmonkey (I can see the expression on the layer's scale), and though it shows no error, it still will not follow the scale.
    Hey Tom- it should work...can you open up a support ticket and send me a file so I can take a look?
    thx
  • Gents,

Can you please start offering a subscription model for us poor folk? I love your products and would really like to use them all.

Sincerely,

Broke Admirer
  • I already have a few of your programs (type & layer)  - now I'm trying to quickly create a spinning/rotating logo...is this something I can do? 

Thanks!

• I already have a few of your programs (type & layer)  - now I'm trying to quickly create a spinning/rotating logo...is this something I can do? 

Thanks!

hey kevin- sorry...was on the road.

Offhand, its not something I would use TypeMonkey of LayerMonkey for...MotionMonkey is closer, as it animates multiple layers coming together, but it doesnt really spin...you'd have to do that manually.

If you want to open a support ticket and send me an example of what you're trying to do I might be of more help.
    -oz

• Do these work with AE CC 2019 ?
  • Do these work with AE CC 2019 ?
    yup
  • I am upgrading to a new workstation.  Is there a specific process that I should use to uninstall the Monkey Suite from my previous workstation?  Thanks in advance.
  • I am upgrading to a new workstation.  Is there a specific process that I should use to uninstall the Monkey Suite from my previous workstation?  Thanks in advance.

Hey Dale- it shouldn’t be a problem. You’ll need to open a support ticket and send a note to admin and they’ll take care of it. Oz
  • Hi!

Is there a function to auto arrange words (for example 15 words from text editor) to word cloud? I miss any instruction about this.

Thanks for answer!

Kind regards,
    Robert

• Hi!

Is there a function to auto arrange words (for example 15 words from text editor) to word cloud? I miss any instruction about this.

Thanks for answer!

Kind regards,
    Robert

Hi Robert- We don’t really have a word cloud layout option in any of our monkeys- (we actually originally tried it for TypeMonkey but the camera movement was too frenetic). You could certainly set the text using Text Only in Typemonkey and use another layout tool to arrange it (maybe Montage from Motion Boutique?). There might be others tho Of course you can lay it out by hand in illustrator too- there’s a tut about how to prepare your art on the MotionMonkey page. You can then animate it using MotionMonkey. Hope that helps.
  • Hi, can you please tell me the difference between these products? I am thinking about the products where you can put in text and animate it.

Kind regards, Baard
  • Hi, can you please tell me the difference between these products? I am thinking about the products where you can put in text and animate it.

Kind regards, Baard
    Hi Baard- Most of them can do that one way or another - but the ones that have built-in text generators are TypeMonkey, CircusMonkey, MonkeyBars, MonkeyWipes and EditMonkey...they each have different strengths, so if you have anything specific in mind I'd be happy to answer your questions if you want to open up a support ticket...
  • I was wondering - would you ever consider to add a monthly subscription basis for your products?
  • Hi! I purchased the entire Monkey Suite Bundle a few years ago and I love it! I see know the suite includes more tools. Do I have to buy those individually or is it a part of the suite that I can upgrade to? 

• Hi! I purchased the entire Monkey Suite Bundle a few years ago and I love it! I see know the suite includes more tools. Do I have to buy those individually or is it a part of the suite that I can upgrade to? 

Hey Elijah-
    First, thank you for the support!

Drop me a note and let me know what you're missing..normally you have to just pick up the new ones, but there might be some insider advice I can give you to save you some $ ;-)

• Adobe just updated AE to 2023, how soon will Type Monkey have an update?
  • Adobe just updated AE to 2023, how soon will Type Monkey have an update?

Should be good to go- let us know if you have a problem…