CreateProxies
  • Every time I launch AE the script asks for the location of the preferences. Is there a way to make it remember?

Error Message:
    Do yout want to locate it manually (press Yes), or do you want to abort the script (press No) ?
  • I am having the same problem with the script asking for preferences.
  • Please check the 'COMPATIBILITY' tab to make sure your version of After Effects is supported.  If it is then please open a support ticket for further assistance.
  • @ Mike I opened the script in text edit and changed the "10" to "11" and it solved the problem.

find this:
    "Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/10.0/Adobe After Effects 10.0-x64 "
    change it to this:
    "Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/11.0/Adobe After Effects 11.0-x64 "

Please note is says //MAC CS5 but I am using CS6, It works fine so far. I have zero programing skills and just kind of went with a hunch, user beware.
  • Unfortunately this script doesn't create proxies for image sequences with embedded alphas.  This is a deal-breaker for me.
  • That sounds like perhaps it's an After Effects issue.  The script deals with "footage" regardless of what kind it is, if it is missing the alpha perhaps it's a setting issue in AE.
  • Hi Lloyd,
    I purchased your script some months ago. When should we count with a CC compatible version? I used to work with your script with CC but there are different issues which might be caused by CC.
  • Hi Lloyd,
    I purchased your script some months ago. When should we count with a CC compatible version? I used to work with your script with CC but there are different issues which might be caused by CC.
    Please open a support ticket and describe in detail including screenshots what your issue is.
  • This looks great. CC is not listed in the Compatibilty list. Does it work with CC and are there any known issues?
  • This looks great. CC is not listed in the Compatibilty list. Does it work with CC and are there any known issues?
    It has not been officially tested on CC which is why it is not on the compatibility tab.  You can certainly give it a try and let us know if it works.
  • Hi! Sorry for those mistakes in thread)
    Is there a way to replace rendered files, not proxy?
    Tried to edit string:
    selItems[i].replaceSource(proxiesContainer.proxyFiles[i]);
    but it's wrong(
  • Is there a way to replace rendered files, not proxy?
    Sorry that is not supported by this script
  • it's a pity. i made output module with import & replace feature on, but when it's replacing at the end of task, the layers wich must be stills imports as sequence in one frame. how to make import as stills? thanks.
  • it's a pity. i made output module with import & replace feature on, but when it's replacing at the end of task, the layers wich must be stills imports as sequence in one frame. how to make import as stills? thanks.
    Not sure i fully understand what you are asking but it seems like this is outside the support of this script.
  • Not sure i fully understand what you are asking but it seems like this is outside the support of this script.
    the goal is to replace comps with still images. to do this, i'm using your cool script. and create output module to use with it. output module has post render action : import and replace. whe i use standart method with right mouse click > create proxy > still it's working fine. but with yout script it's import stills like a sequence. i'm downloaded script for free for testing for my needs. if it's imports stills as stills i will pay for it with my pleasure =). or maybe you know solution to resolve my problem. Thanks.
  • it's import stills like a sequence.
    That is an After Effects feature, just make sure your still are not sequentially numbered if you don't want them to be considered a sequence.
  • "Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/10.0/Adobe After Effects 10.0-x64 "
    change it to this:
    "Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/11.0/Adobe After Effects 11.0-x64 "
    @Michael, you legend! thanks for that it seems to work now on CS6

• I can run the script to create PNGs. The PNGs are created but are not applied as a proxy.
    I get an error message of 'undefined'

• Hello, is not able to substitute still images as proxies (jpegs or pngs) - I get an error "undefined". What can I do?
  • hello, is there a way to select default values for destinations, render settings etc.?
    thank you.
  • I can't choose H.264 in the proxy format, why? 
  • It would be great if this script was updated to be able to batch re-link proxies made outside of AE.

For those not able to choose h264, it was removed from After Effects a long time ago and is a bad codec to use as a proxy. Use Quicktime ProRes Proxy as the codec for your proxies.
  • Any chance this script could be updated with more modern UI please?
  • I downloaded an AE plugin named CreateProxies. The thing is that I keep getting errors when I use it on my TIFF files to create JPG proxies. The first ‘test’ batch seemed fine but after that first one I kept getting the same error over and over again. It does make the proxies in the folder in finder but it doesn’t link them in AE so it keeps hanging in separate TIFFs and compositions after the error notification (screenshot of error is in the description).
  • Every time I launch AE the script asks for the location of the preferences. Is there a way to make it remember?

Error Message:
    Do yout want to locate it manually (press Yes), or do you want to abort the script (press No) ?
    Have you checked on google https://www.google.com/ stackoverflow I guess website. There , developers ask and answer questions. I often check it when I search for troubleshooting.
  • I downloaded an AE plugin named CreateProxies. The thing is that I keep getting errors when I use it on my TIFF files to create JPG proxies. The first ‘test’ batch seemed fine but after that first one I kept getting the same error over and over again. It does make the proxies in the folder in finder but it doesn’t link them in AE so it keeps hanging in separate TIFFs and compositions after the error notification (screenshot of error is in the description).
    Hello! I had the same issue. I found out that it has to do with your "output" module settings. It happens if you have a custom settings template that already has "set proxy" as a post render action. Make sure that it is set to "none". See image below for illustration: 

• The only thing that's missing is to be able to create the proxies directly in the original footage location (automatically for each footage without choosing destinations) :(

*I would definitely pay if that was possible
  • Also for anyone who gets the "undefined" error, for me it was that the object to be rendered had no image/pixel data. So if you have an empty image, or I guess something like a null or shape, it will have trouble rendering the proxy. I guess you would have to render it out manually or replace it with a custom low res image/file as an alternative? Not an expert but that was my workaround for nulls for example.