AudioToMarkers
  • hi, i can see the marks, and the solids are made. but what/how is the best flux to insert images in solids. i try to insert images inside solids, but it does not accept. its a suggestion, to make the layers 'editable', to easy replace or insert images inside solids that already auto inserted in timeline. and its interesting if have a way to set a little motion automatic inside each layer, like 'pan', zoom, move left, etc, like 'kenburns'. sorry for my abuse. im a 'child' in AE. thanks and congrats for good job;
  • Sorry don't understand your question but it doesn't seem related to the script.  If you have general AE questions there are lots of better forums to get help.
  • It doesn't seem to work under CS6, the slider always shows -10000 or so.
  • It works great in CS6. Please provide more details if you'd like us to help you. You can also open a support ticket for more direct help.
  • I am trying the script in After Effects CC and it does not seem to work. I checked the Javascript debugging console and it comes up with a progBar.window.update() error. Is there a CC version that is in the works or am I doing something wrong?
  • Just an update - it was the CC issue - as it works fine on CS6. So i guess i need to wait till the CC version come up. I do have one question though, is there any way to convert the layer markers to composition markers? I am trying to use the markers in Premiere and i just cant find a way to do this. Perhaps this could be a new feature?
  • Another update :)

This is just ease the process - when Lloyd gets a chance to check out this site. I was messing around with the error line and commented the error out and reloaded the script and it worked fine. It added markers without the progress bar though - but hey it worked! So except for that line - brilliant!

Now if only I could get the composition markers bit sorted out that would be fantastic.
  • There will be an official CC version, just have a long backlog at the moment.
  •  I do have one question though, is there any way to convert the layer markers to composition markers? I am trying to use the markers in Premiere and i just cant find a way to do this. Perhaps this could be a new feature?
    Composition markers are not accessible via the scripting api so unfortunately that is not currently possible. You can request Adobe to add this here:  http://adobe.com/go/wish
  • hi,  managed to use the appexecute function to cobble together something that works - but its not elegant and you can sense that its not very stable - but it works.
  • Love the the script, no questions about that but can you please tell me the name of the song in your tutorial video? Un Deux Trois...

Thanks!
  • Love the the script, no questions about that but can you please tell me the name of the song in your tutorial video? Un Deux Trois...

Thanks!
    Sonny J - Enfant Terrible

• mac after effects 12.1 and maverick 10.9 

the script audiotomarkers 1.21 is not working here.. when i try to DO IT, the competition bar freezes.. 
    thats bad cause i bought it today.. 

• We have not tested it with 12.1 or mavericks so not sure if it is related to that. Can you open a support ticket (https://aescripts.com/contact) and please include your project file (just the aep no footage) as well as any details that might be unique to your.
  • thx support ticket on the way.
  • the script audiotomarkers 1.21 is not working here.. when i try to DO IT, the competition bar freezes.. 

[2]

why??
  • What version of AE are you using? Have you checked the compatibility tab?
  • This morning the same -1000 slider issue occurred to me...
    Strange because i've already used it many times before... any clue?
  • This morning the same -1000 slider issue occurred to me...
    Strange because i've already used it many times before... any clue?
    Please open a support ticket with as many details as possible including screenshots. Also submit your project file (just .aep no footage).
  • i can´t use this script...when i create a new layer "audio amplitud", i see a window, but it´s no working
  • i can´t use this script...when i create a new layer "audio amplitud", i see a window, but it´s no working
    Please make sure you are running the latest version. If you are still having trouble please open a support ticket.
  • Hey there. I just used your Script, and it's perfect! But I want to import it on Premiere, and use the keyframes there. It works, but the keyframe is stuck on the solid/adjustment layer and not in the Sequence self. There's a way to put the keyframes on the sequence itself?

Thanks in advance!
  • Not that familiar with Premiere unfortunately but in AE we can only set markers on layers not the comp due to limitations in the API.
  • Hi!

Unfortunately this isn't working in the newest version of AE CC 2015.3, maybe Adobe has changed the scripting?

Hope to hear from you.
  • Hello,

I received an e-mail that audiotomarkers version v1.52 is available. However, when I go to mydownloads, it is still version 1.2

Is version 1.52 not available anymore?

Thanks
  • Hello,

I received an e-mail that audiotomarkers version v1.52 is available. However, when I go to mydownloads, it is still version 1.2

Is version 1.52 not available anymore?

Thanks

AudioToMarkers is a "Name your own Price" product. Please refer to this FAQ on how to upgrade:
    https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-upgrade-name-your-own-price-products/
  • Ah, thanks!
  • Hey Lloyd,

I am getting a error message when I open the AudioToMarkers window reading "Unable to execute script at line 636. null is not an object"
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks

Nate
  • Hello

There is a problem with me in the script
    This image problem

• If anyone is experiencing the "Unable to execute script at line 363. Object is null" bug, please download the new version 1.53 that was just posted. 

Just a reminder that AudioToMarkers is a "Name your own Price" product. Please refer to this FAQ on how to upgrade: 
    https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-upgrade-name-your-own-price-products/
  • If anyone is experiencing the "Unable to execute script at line 363. Object is null" bug, please download the new version 1.53 that was just posted. 

Just a reminder that AudioToMarkers is a "Name your own Price" product. Please refer to this FAQ on how to upgrade: 
    Thank you ^_^
    I I download version 1.53
    And it works very well without any problems

Thank you ^_^
    I I download version 1.53
    And it works very well without any problems
    Hi Lloyd! Could you confirm if this version is compatible with the new AE 2017?
    I want to be sure before making the purchase :-)
    Thx!
  • Hi Lloyd! Could you confirm if this version is compatible with the new AE 2017?
    I want to be sure before making the purchase :-)
    Thx!
    Yes it is compatible with CC2017
  • Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for this script, I do find it helpful though I find the results a bit unpredictable and I wonder if I'm just not approaching correctly.

I'm trying to use this script to create markers to match the bass drum beats of Kanye's 'Black Skinheads'. That bass line sounds pretty consistent from :36 to 1:05 of the video under the link, which is the span I'm using in my edit, but the markers that are generated when I set the levels around 80 don't appear to be consistent with that repeating audio level. It skips some of the beats entirely.

Now I am just guessing at that 80 value, it just seems to be giving me the closest result to what I want after an hour of trial and error with constant value changes and undo's to retry.

How do I determine what audio level those beats actually happen at? The audio levels panel in AE doesn't specify at what level the volume spikes happen. Should I be analyzing the audio levels in Audition or another app?

I'm using AE 2015.3 on a 15' Macbook Pro with OSX Yosemite 10.10.5.
  • Is this compatible with CC 2019?