Queue Work Area
  • What does this script do different in comparison to the default 'Add to Render Queue' function in After Effects?
    The only benefit that I see now is that you don't have to switch back and forth from the render queue to the comp you're working in.
  • What does this script do different in comparison to the default 'Add to Render Queue' function in After Effects?
    The only benefit that I see now is that you don't have to switch back and forth from the render queue to the comp you're working in.
    It allows you to queue several sections of your comp in one queue.  Watch the demo video for details.

• Very nice Lloyd! 

A question: Would it be possible to stay in the comp? In the video it jumps over to the RQ when pressing the button. Could you make a switch to force him to stay in the comp and not jump over to the RQ each time you press it? Would save even more time. 

Cheers
    Dino
  • A question: Would it be possible to stay in the comp? In the video it jumps over to the RQ when pressing the button. Could you make a switch to force him to stay in the comp and not jump over to the RQ each time you press it? Would save even more time. 
    Great suggestion.  Just added a new version (1.2) that returns to the comp after queuing.  This ability was added in the CS6 api so this will only happen if you are running CS6 or above.

Please read this to upgrade: How to upgrade "Name Your Own Price" products
  • Say you wanted to queue the comp evenly in segments of 25 frames (or any other fixed interval).
    Instead of manually move the Work Area, could the user be prompted to input a number?
  • Can this script be manipulated by templater to create diferente time render 
  • Can this script be manipulated by templater to create diferente time render 
    Not at the moment. You can always hire us to do custom scripting, just open a support ticket.
  • This doesn't work with CC 2019. Is there an update coming any time soon?
  • Wade Ha said:
    This doesn't work with CC 2019. Is there an update coming any time soon?
    Please open a support ticket and include details including screenshots of the issue so we can assist you
  • Hey Lloyd, awesome nifty convenient tool, thanks! Just purchased it and using it in AE 2023, it works phenomenaly so far, the only thing I was wondering and that seems convenient as well is to have the several work areas displayed in your comp, just as you are showing on your queue work area featured image right here. In my case at least, it just displays my default work area (well the last one I added to render queue)... Not at all a deal breaker, I was just wondering if maybe there is a way to get that additional feat.

Cheers and thanks again for this one!
  • I use this all the time.
    I'd love to see an updated version where you could also queue marker spans. If the markers have a token in their name ( i.e. $q_MarkerSpan_1 ), they get queued at their start frame plus duration and also append the marker's Text, after the token, to the Output name ( i.e. CompName_MarkerText.mov)