Easy Pie Chart
  • The script folder is in the ScriptUI Panels folder, but it will not show up in AE. Trying to run the script by itself yields nothing. The file was named .jsxbin and I renamed it to just .jsx, still nothing. Opening the file in ExtendScript Toolkit reveals random text (like compression). How can I get this to work? I am running CS6 11.0.2.11 Thanks!
  • Hi,

You better try to put the ScriptUI Panels folder in the Scripts folder : Adobe -> Adobe After Effects CS6 -> Support Files -> Scripts -> ScriptUI Panels

And put this script in the ScriptUI Panels. You need to restart After Effects before to see this script in the list.

It's a binary version of the script, that's why the extension is .jsxbin, don't change it.

Cheers,

Michel

• Hello there,

is it possible to animate the pieces value?  For instance - i want to increace the value of one piece from 1% to 90% - all the other pieces should now resize automatically - and animated.   Possible?

Thanks and Greetz
    Matt
  • Hi Matthias,

Sorry for this delayed answer. The purpose of this script is to easily create a pie chart. Then it is up to each to change the composition in relation to these requirements. What you asking is possible, but this implies to rebuilt the script for this particular animation. Otherwise, it is possible to do this with keyframe, but for this you must first disable the expressions on the proprieties to animate.

Cheers,
    Michel
  • Nice script. Maybe you want to generate the pie in a HD comp.
  • The chart can be created in a comp of any size including HD.
  • Hello,

How can the chart be created in HD?

Thanks
    Sandro
  • Make you comp size HD
  • Hello again,

How can I get Easy Pie to prepare a HD composition. 
    Wants to extend the element afterward, they lose her positions. 
    And if I put and want to extend the little composition 872 x486 pixel, in a HD project, 
    the quality is no longer good. 
    And if I fold/optimize with transformations, 
    all elements are distributed wildly in the composition.

Thanks Sandro
  • Hello Sandro,

For now that you can do is to create a 1080 HDTV composition and put the small composition 872x486 (Pie chart / Final / ...) in it, and then click the continuously rasterize icon only for this precomp (but not for all the elements inside this precomp) without alters much the quality. For later, I'll take the time to modify the script to fit the HD format.

Cheers,
    Michel

• How do i resize? 
  • Hi Sebastian,
    Thank you to use my script. Can you be more specific of what you need to resize ?
    Cheers,
    Michel
  • Why in the WORLD would you build this expression INTO the native creation of the pie chart???:

outerRadius=comp("Pie Chart / Final / October 19 2015 - 15h31min").layer("Control").effect("Outer radius")("ADBE Slider Control-0001");

lock=comp("Pie Chart / Final / October 19 2015 - 15h31min").layer("Control").effect("Outer radius lock")("ADBE Checkbox Control-0001");

if(lock==true){temp=outerRadius/100*(125)}else{temp = outerRadius/100*(110+((12/100)*50))}

ease(time,1.33466800133467,1.66833500166834,150,temp)

Basically the slices build on just fine, but then that expresssion shrinks the radius of each slice down ~25%??? MAKES NO SENSE.

Why not remove that expression, or at the very least make it so that it does not shrink at all.

• Hi Jason,

Thank you for your feedback.

It is true that this aesthetic choice of animated appearance of the pie can not please everyone. In a future release there will be more options to avoid this kind of inconvenience.

This expression you mention is useful to vary the size of the external radius with the slider "Outer Radius" in the Effect Controls panel (Menu: Effect / Effect Controls).

One solution would be to check the Checkbox "Outer radius lock" and then add a comment with // to the last line of the expression to avoid the ease () animation for each slice.

Cheers,

Michel

• Appears this script is not compatible with CC 2015?
  • Hi Ryan,

This script works as a dockable panel by placing the script in a ‘ScriptUI Panels’ subfolder of the ‘Scripts’ folder and then choosing this script from the 'Window' menu in After Effects.

In Windows :
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2015\Support Files\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels

the script was tested on AE 2015 CC 13.7.1.

Cheers,
    Michel
  • Hi Michel,

Could you please tell me if you consider giving access to the source code? How much would that cost?

Thank you,
    Gabriela
  • Hi Michel,

Could you please tell me if you consider giving access to the source code? How much would that cost?

Thank you,
    Gabriela
    please open a support ticket for this issue
  • Hello, 

I see most of us are having a similar problem.  I need to make the pie chart larger than it is currently.  I figured out if I disable the  outer radius script then I can resize it but then the text and laser lines do not update in size.  I noticed that frame 40 in the animation using your example data the circle actually animates down.  I can't figure out how you did that, I would be happy to animate the scale but can you point me to what is controlling that scale?  If possible can you record a tutorial on how to size up this pie chart?

outerRadius=comp("Pie Chart / Final / May 14 2017 - 9h56min").layer("Control").effect("Outer radius")("ADBE Slider Control-0001");
    lock=comp("Pie Chart / Final / May 14 2017 - 9h56min").layer("Control").effect("Outer radius lock")("ADBE Checkbox Control-0001");
    if(lock==true){temp=outerRadius/100*(125)}else{temp = outerRadius/100*(110+((26.3113792525557/100)*50))}
    ease(time,1.33466800133467,1.66833500166834,150,temp)
  • Hello Chris,

Give me a little time, I'll see if it's possible and I'll get back to you by this week.

Cheers.
  • A new version is available with the following adds/modifications:
    • Adding of a slider control "Label Radius Distance" and modification of expression on line2 Starting Point to give the possibility to adjust the distance of the labels around the circle.
    • Modification of the animation of appearance of the lines pointing on the labels. For aesthetic purpose now lines 1 and 2 appear one after the other, with previously version of the script they appeared at the same time.
    • Suppression of the constraint expression of values between 0 to 100 on the Outer radius and Inner radius slider control. Now it is possible to change at will the value and the maximum and minimum values.
    • Adding of a slider control "Outer Radius Start Value" and modification of expression on each Pie Chart Slice "Outer Circle" to give the possibility to adjust the animation intro starting value of the Pie Chart Slices.