• Great plugin but quite unstable, tends to randomly crash AE more than a plugin should, even when not interacting with it (version CS5.5 & CS6)
  • Been using this for years as my go to Ramp.  Would be nice to have an aspect / scale control for Radial Ramps so we can squash them into ellipses without having to scale (I don't want my scatter noise scaled too)
  • This is simply the best.
  • This plugin appears not to be recognised (or useable) in CC2017.
  • This plugin appears not to be recognised (or useable) in CC2017.
    Hey Andrew, I've just upgraded to CC2017, and at a glance, it seems to be working here. You might have to move the plugin to the CC2017 installation folder manually, the same way you did when you first installed the plugin.

If there's any persistent issue, please do open a support ticket and we can take a closer look.

Thanks!
  • Hello, is there a chance to have this YY_Ramp+ working in CC2019?

• oli monn said:
    Hello, is there a chance to have this YY_Ramp+ working in CC2019?

Hi Oli,

The plugin appears to work from my end, in CC2019. Make sure you've copied the plugin to the CC2019 effects folder, as documented in the knowledgebase article:

https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/installing-yy-plugins/

Follow the instructions for CS6/CC, as Adobe has done pretty well to maintain backward compatibility.
  • Is there a way to get a gradient with an alpha channel ? similar to the default gradient in shape layers?

Fore example:  I have a shape layer that is filled with a solid color.  I then apply YY Ramp to it.  Then Id like to set one end of the YY gradient ramp to be fully alpha.  See screenshot.

Is this currently possible?

• Is there a way to get a gradient with an alpha channel ? similar to the default gradient in shape layers?

Fore example:  I have a shape layer that is filled with a solid color.  I then apply YY Ramp to it.  Then Id like to set one end of the YY gradient ramp to be fully alpha.  See screenshot.

Hi Patrick,

Does setting the Blend Mode option to None or Stencil Alpha address your use case?

Hi Patrick,

Does setting the Blend Mode option to None or Stencil Alpha address your use case?
    YES! Thank you!!!
  • It would be so nice if you added DISSOLVE blending mode for that grainy shadow look.
  • Hey Andrew just a note to say I still use YY Ramp+ all the time and I'd happily pay for a version that supports MFR and Apple Silicon.
  • Me too! It's the most useful and quick thing to work with gradients.
    Please update (if you are still around..) and I'd be very happy to pay for it.
    Hey Andrew just a note to say I still use YY Ramp+ all the time and I'd happily pay for a version that supports MFR and Apple Silicon.

• Hey Andrew just a note to say I still use YY Ramp+ all the time and I'd happily pay for a version that supports MFR and Apple Silicon.

Me too! It's the most useful and quick thing to work with gradients.
    Hey Andrew just a note to say I still use YY Ramp+ all the time and I'd happily pay for a version that supports MFR and Apple Silicon.

Thanks for your support. I won't make promises, but I will look into seeing if this can be added without too much extra effort.
    Me too! It's the most useful and quick thing to work with gradients.

Good news, these requests are now supported on the latest release (2.8)

Cheers
  • Good news, these requests are now supported on the latest release (2.8)

Cheers
    Thanks Andrew,
    that's great news!
  • Hey, any chance on an update for after effects 2023?
  • Hey, any chance on an update for after effects 2023?
    Ah, yes they should already work. Thanks for reminding me, I'll update the supported versions list.
  • Hi, are you likely to update this script for AE 2024? I'd be more than happy to pay for an upgrade. Many thanks.
  • ole sturm said:
    Hi, are you likely to update this script for AE 2024? I'd be more than happy to pay for an upgrade. Many thanks.
    Hi, I just had to verify that the plugins work for the new version. They have been verified and are now marked as compatible with AE 2024. Thanks :)