• Nice plugin, I really enjoyed using it yesterday: it felt pretty intuitive and fast to use.
    But I have some requests (mainly details) that would really make a difference IMO, and I must confess I chose to buy it hoping future updates/upgrades would be significant:

- a small detail, but in the Create Object or Set Object lists there could be a separator between the first item and the other ones. It seems it's not done in Plexus either but it would feel a bit more logical this way.

- what about pyramid and triangular shapes like cones? I can make some using the compound objects (which is a really nice feature) but having a default shape would help.

- it's sometimes a bit hard to know if new changes have been taken into account in the simulation: this may be related to the CS6 cache issues, but while I can see that the simulation updates after I move something, it doesn't seem to be the case when I change some of the physical parameters. Should I always assume they're not taken into account and re-run the simulation?

In my CS6 I have to Purge the memory or move the camera pretty often to avoid glitches but I guess that's not your fault, and once the animation is baked there obviously no problem anymore.
  • Hi, I'm Koizumi.

Thank you for playing and the advice.
    This plugin uses bullet physics library. If the collision shape is implemented by the bullet, it's not hard to implement into this plugin.
    And tetrahedron and cone are implemented. So I will implement those next update.

The change taken into account always are position, rotation and orientation of Keyframed rigid bodies and Free constraints.
    Any change else are taken into account only when Set command.

I recommend that switch off disk cache when you use this plugin. The disk cache replays old simulation.
  • Hi Koizumi,

I thought too you were using bullet physic, I remember that they have functions to calculate the hull of a mesh automatically, so I hope one of the next versions will also allow the import of OBJ files!
        It's a very nice plugin and my comments were really minor, I really liked using the plugin so far and yet I barely used the compound objects and constraint, so I still have a lot to learn.
  • This is a pretty robust plugin for AE but I'm failing to see it's use in the pipeline. It does seem quite intuitive but it seems like it would make much more sense to be doing this kind of work inside of a 3D application. I mean if you're doing any sort of physics simulations chances are you're going to want a lot of flexibility to achieve all sorts of results. With this plugin you really don't get much more than bouncing geometric objects around with the occasional constraints. Your competitor Newton really did a good job at focusing on a physics engine for AE that works with AE pipeline. Usually you really don't want to be doing this sort of 3D work inside of AE because your results in terms of look (not simulation quality) just can't match up to what you can achieve in 3D. Newton however found a really good nitch, 2D physics. Something all AE artists have been looking for because we are always having to figure out how to work with physics in our keyframing. Newton really allows you to add some really nice dynamics to your motion graphics in the 2D world. I feel like this plugin won't really generate that much use but again, that's just my opinion. 

I'd say you should probably focus more on 2D physics because that's where there is still a lot room to grow in the AE community. 
  • Yes, it's sure that 3D applications have simulation tools. 
    But this plugin are best for to operate the simulation with the familiar AE operations.
    That means you get better simulation result for your motion graphics.
    And I think 3D tools in AE are also in demand: Element 3D, Plexus, 3D functions of AE CS6, and Cinema 4D in AE CS7.
    That's why I made this plugin.
  • $200 !!?? Seriously? Have you seen 'Element 3D'? Is there seriously more lines of code and more polish in this, then what's in Element?
    My advice, go for volume, not niche market. The guys that have the cash for this are guys that already have 3d apps in their pipeline. Your market has a very solid workaround. I know you worked hard on this, (even tho it's bullet physics) but the polish and execution, and market demand is just not there for this price. Do yourself a huge favor and charge $50. You'll make 10x the sales. Far doubling your profit.
    Think of Element 3D. Why did they select a price at $150??
    Because old 3d pricing lacks volume sales.
  • This doesn't seem nearly as versatile as higher end plug-ins, I recommend lowering the price.
  • This price includes future free update.
    So please give your request for this plugin.
  • Nice plugin with lots of potential. Is it technically posible to equip the rigid body parameters with stopwatches? I know it doesn't make sense to animate mass over time but this would give users the posibility to make global changes via expressions. right now it's pretty tedious to work through 10 restitution paramaters to finally find my sweet spot. Also caching is still e big issue even with disc cache turned off I keep on purging and still see some old settings.
  • Yes, it's possible to change the parameters with time.
    But it takes some time to implement.

The cache problem will be solved by 1.turn off disk cache, 2.delete cache by ctrl(command) + alt(option) + numpad /(slash), or 2' force rerender the scene, for example, move the active camera.
  • Thanks for your feedback :) Of course I disabled disk cache but still the plugin requires a lot of purging. Maybe this purging could be automated by recalculating the simulation in the set object menu but that's a nice-to.have.

What's kind of annoying is that the orthographic views are not working propperly so it's next to impossible to create a compound object (a 3d car in my case) because the positings are shifting and scaling not in sync with the main camera and it's quite tedious to only work with the active camera. Do you think this could be fixed in future updates or is this a limitation of the physics engine?
  • I can replay that the orthographic views are not working.
    So it's a kind of bug of plugin. I will fix it future update.
  • Now I fixed to respond to ortho view. (version 1.01)
  • How easy/difficult is it to integrate with Element 3D?
  • Hi
    I'm not so familiar with E3D, but I heared that E3D uses null layer to control
    object, so it's not so difficult to integrate.
    1. export a null layer baked physical simulation result by ToyBricks
    2. import the motion to E3D with the layer.
  • Hello Takayuki, 

I have downloaded the try version here. But After Effects (cc 2015) crashes whenn I start the plugin.
  • Hi
    I'm sorry but the plugin is not compatible with CC2015.

• Will it be compatible with CC2015 in the future? 
  • HI, I have no plan to make it compatible with CC2015.