• This is very cool. I've been looking for something like this for ages! Well done.

Would be good to see some different examples/tutorials on how to push this further and to make the results look different. I guess with over use, it could look a little samey so would be good to explore 3D use etc.

Do you have plans to add any other features over time?

Keep up the good work :)
  • Thanks Paul...and yeah- we've got a lot of new features on the list- including 3D. If you think of any let us know!
  • Dan & Orrin, This is really great! Can't wait to see how it plays with Shapeshifter or perhaps even Element. Exciting times! JU

• We can't wait to see what other designers come up with...there's endless possibilities...the samples we posted were mainly using the default settings.
  • Wow!  What a fantastic script - it looks extremely well thought out and will be a massive timesaver! Can't wait to have a play.

Great work guys!
  • Hey guys... congrats!! Great vision and Great Product... Didn't even check the demo... already convinced just by watching the video and have bought the script. One small question though... got 2 serial numbers in my email one is TypeMonkey Virtual and the other is TypeMonkey. Could you please explain. Thanks

Cheers,

Dean Gregory
  • Hey Orrin and Dan

Awesome product! Purchased it right away.

A couple of suggestions:
    - 3D animations and 3D word angle randomness
    - option to turn on motion blur
    - some kind of automated push in or pull out on last word
    - randomized colors
    - text box keyboard commands for bold and for specific colors from the palette (maybe like HTML markup?)

Thanks for your great work. Let me know if you need me to beta test these features.

Steve
  • Hey guys... congrats!! Great vision and Great Product... Didn't even check the demo... already convinced just by watching the video and have bought the script. One small question though... got 2 serial numbers in my email one is TypeMonkey Virtual and the other is TypeMonkey. Could you please explain. Thanks
    You should only have one license code which you can find in the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account.  Can you please open a support ticket and attach a screengrab of what you are seeing so we can help you further.
  • Also might be cool if you can do it. Allow the user to specify sets of text to be fully on screen (in a line or stacked)
  • Really great tool.
    It's nice how you figured out the building blocks for kinetic type. I never thought of breaking it up this way.

Ron

• Holy @#$%. Amazing.  To where do I mail my first born?
  • Hot Damn! This is amazing!
  • Great script from what I can see in the demo. The only thing that bothers me is that I have to chose random to get some variation or have to decide for one style throughout a whole passage of text. Would it be possible to add specific tags for words or passages that control which effect happens when?
  • Hi, I work on the CC version of after effect.
    I have a problem with the camera, in fact it does not move and do not follow the movement of the text. I think the problem comes from the Target layer, because it is not linked to any other layer, has no script and therefore no movement.
    I wanted to know if I took it wrong or if someone already had this problem and therefore could help me.

Thank you in advance
    Mikaël
  • Really enjoying using this script! 

I'll echo Steven Taylors's request for a motion blur option to save having to do it manually, and the various requests to extend the mark-up to give greater control over the animations applied to words.

But well done on an excellent script, well worth the money :-)
  • We hear ya Phil and Steven! Theres lots more features we want to put in there too. Keep the ideas coming, and enjoy your TypeMonkey!
  • Thanks for making this script. It's really very helpful. I didn't have second thoughts about buying it.

I do have one problem with it which I hope you could help resolve.

I work on a laptop mostly. When I open the script the entire panel cannot fit the height of my screen. Because of this I cannot access the Type Animation options and the full Monkey Cam options.

I hope there is a way to resize the huge text box field at the top so that I can access the rest of the options at the bottom.

I have attached a screenshot to show what I mean.

Hope you can help. But overall it's really a great script. Looking forward to more features in the future.

Charlie

7-31-2013 1-18-23 AM.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 190K
  • Great script. I just downloaded the trial and having the same problem as Mr.Aquino in the below comment.

I work on laptop mostly and cannot access the Monkey Cam options.

Please let us know if there is a way to access those.

Thanks
  • This note is for anyone that has experienced the problem with the
    non-animating MonkeyCam--we believe this issue has been resolved with
    the latest TypeMonkey update (v1.02). You can download the latest
    version from the 'My Downloads & Licenses' 
    (https://aescripts.com/downloadable/customer/products/) section of your
    user account. Thanks for your patience and we're sorry for any
    inconvenience

Dan
  • I'm positively giddy over this! Amazing work!!
  • I'd also add my +1 for turning on motion blur as an option. Would save some time.

It's such a great script. One thing that would be nice to have though is more manual control from the outset. What I mean is that random placement of the text and rotations and animation styles is ok for inspiration but it'd be much better to somehow arrange the text at the start manually. Not sure how that would be possible though but would give more predictable results.

The other thing that immediately jumps to mind is to have an update button for the layout and type animation options, just like the monkeycam has. I know this is a fairly big extra piece of code but would make experimenting much easier than having to undo and start over again, especially if you've already made tweaks to the text - position, rotation, scale etc etc.

I really love the parenting of the text - the way that when you modify the position, scale, rotation etc of a word, the rest of the animation follows on and doesn't break. Makes manual tweaking easy! :)

Paul.
  • I just purchased the script and it's great!!! I'd also like to ask for the same enhancements as Klaus Brandenburg below.

"Great script from what I can see in the demo. The only thing that
    bothers me is that I have to chose random to get some variation or have
    to decide for one style throughout a whole passage of text. Would it be
    possible to add specific tags for words or passages that control which
    effect happens when?"
  • Well done guys - superb observation to marry the tech with a tool that people just 'need'. Some of these plugins/scripts are becoming essential. 
    It will be great in a few months when there are some awesome videos posted using this tool.
  • "Would it be possible to add specific tags for words or passages that control which effect happens when?"
    We've been discussing this idea, along with others (motion blur, etc), but in the mean time, not mentioned in the tuts is that you can unlock any word, disable the expression and then take control of how it transitions on...its a workaround if you need it.  We have a lot more planned for TypeMonkey, keep the ideas coming!

• Hello,

I can't get the Typemonkey trial script installed. I'm using AE CS5.5 on a MacPro. Any help?
    Thanks,
    Chris
  • Maybe a little houskeeping - when you undo, it doesn't remove the solids, leaving a huge list if you've been experimenting.
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks for the feedback. I can't seem to reproduce the problem. Are you talking about TypeMonkey's "Undo it" button, or AE's Edit > Undo Create TypeMonkey Layers? Also, is it the the control ("... (ctrl)" layers that are not being deleted?

Dan
  • I just bought this blind, much respect for Dan... I'm using v1.03 on a new iMac in cs5 and the script is not generating the monkey cam.  I restarted the machine, tried various configurations in the monkey cam dialog box, added a camera to the comp before clicking "do it"(also without adding cam), but no luck.  Advice?(update- just added monkey cam to latest attempt, but would like to make sure it doesn't act up again)
  • Sorry that it's not working for you. Are you using a non-english version of AE? Would it be possible for you to post a screen shot of TypeMonkey's UI and a simple project file demonstrating the failure(so we can see exactly how far it is getting)?
  • Another great feature would be the ability/option to work with animated typefaces and some compatibility with the "Characteristic" script. Any chance this could be added to a future version?
  • Another great feature would be the ability/option to work with animated typefaces and some compatibility with the "Characteristic" script. Any chance this could be added to a future version?
    You can use the current version with animated typefaces, I am working on a tutorial on how to do this as we speak.  The way to do it is use TypeMonkey to set all the type normally, then use Characteristc to set some of the type as animated type in a separate comp then bring that comp into your TypeMonkey comp, make it 3D and parent it the the control null that TypeMonkey created for that word.  You can then scale it and position it to match what TypeMonkey had done for the static type and then simply hide the static version.  

• Helpful tip: The pipe character ( | ) needs to be entered between each word that you want to connect to animate in together. This stumped me for a while until I stumbled into getting it to work. 
  • Getting an error when running the script.

Unable to execute script at line 1. Invalid image data

Please advise.

Using Demo Version.
  • Which version of AE are you running, and which OS?
  • Windows 7, CS6...sorry about that.
  • I'm zeroing in on one scenario that could cause that message. When TypeMonkey starts up, it writes a temporary file to your desktop so that it can load its header image. If AE doesn't have permission to do that, you'll see that error. Can you verify that the general preference "Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network" is set? Is there anything unusual about your setup that might affect AE's ability to access the desktop?
  • Robert, we just posted a new version (1.04) that may solve your problem. Give it a try and see if it helps.You can download the new version from the 'My Downloads & Licenses'  (https://aescripts.com/downloadable/customer/products/) section of your user account.
  • Dan, works perfect now, thanks for fixing it soo fast.
  • Can you tell me please,
    what
    are the restrictions of the demo version of this script?

I have not even tested it yet, but the information would interest me in advance.
    Unfortunately, I can´t find on this website any information about the limitations on individual scripts.
    It would be helpful.
    Thank you
  • Bug-
    The restrictions are 10 words max and a 7 day limit. Hope that helps...
  • Can you tell me please,
    what
    are the restrictions of the demo version of this script?

I have not even tested it yet, but the information would interest me in advance.
    Unfortunately, I can´t find on this website any information about the limitations on individual scripts.
    It would be helpful.
    Thank you
    Just buy it - you won't regret it - it's a fab script :)
  • Great Script!

BTW , how was the bevel in sample 5 created?

Thanks!
  • Hi Juan-
    I switched over to the Ray Traced 3D mode...

theres a bunch of tutorials on this. Heres one:

BTW- its a loooooooong render!
  • You can also use this: https://aescripts.com/3d-bevel

Much faster and works in all versions of AE
  • thanks for your help! keep the good work!
  • Hey guys, quick question, is there a good way to manual move the last word of the animation?  I find that when I'm using the control layers, that they manipulate the word/text prior to that word.  For example if I have the sentence 2013 coming soon and use type monkey, the soon (ctrl) layer actually manipulates the word coming, same with coming (ctrl) layer manipulating 2013, however I can't find a way to manipulate the last layer.  As I'd like to be able to fit the whole sentence in the frame, but at times it would center/zoom on 'soon' so I wanted to manually tweak it by pushing it back in z-depth, and to the right to fit the whole sentence, if that makes sense.  I have a bunch of these situations where I'd love to use TypeMonkey, but if I can't frame in the whole sentence or bullet points, it doesn't help as much.

Also, I realize the script is more for lyric/word after word after word type of concepts, so maybe it's not the way to go for the project I have in hand.... still, I'm diggin the script, and would love to find a way to incorporate it.

• Is there a way to save presets?  This would be especially useful for standardizing the style and color with different text.  Currently, the style changes each time I run it, and also the color reverts back to the default white.  It gets to be a pain to have to manually input the colors I need each time I change the text.  If there is a convenient way to save settings, please let me know. 

Other than that, awesome script for me. Thanks.
  • Hey guys great script! 
    I have a question that is related to the camera rotation. It may be a Math limitation, but how come it's not possible for the cam to rotate consecutively past 180 degrees? For instance if I manually adjust 4 text nulls in a row, each one at 90 degrees on Z Rotation, you can see that the "MonkeyCam Target" Z Rotation animates from 180 degrees to -90 rather than to 270. 

Is there a quick fix for this?

Thanks.

• Hi Scott-
    The control layer is labeled with the word it controls. Keep in mind it will also control all the layers under it. I think you might be responding to the weird optical illusion thats created when you're moving the appropriate control layer while the camera is parented to it...so it appears like only the previous layers are moving. Switch over the custom view and you'll see what I mean.

It took me a little while to adjust to that too.

TypeMonkey is great for bullets- use the [ ] keys before and after the line you want to bullet. You might want to scale and move rather than push it back...but I'd have to see specifically what the problem is, so if you want to post a file, I'd be happy to check it out.