Create3DShapes
  • Is there any readme on user manual for these scripts? (Create3DShapes)  I am having some trouble figuring out some ( a lot of) things.
    Thanks!
  • I am questioning this purchase because the script is so not supported with written guides to step you through the features of the scripts gui. 
  • What part do you have questions about? 
  • i need ceate 3d shapes for cs6
  • on the 3d sphere...I am getting an error message stating" an error occured when trying to open and read a resource file"....???? Any thoughts?  I'm using CS5

Thanks,

• You need to install the (Create3DSphere_Resources) folder in the ScriptUI Panels folder as well.

Create 3D Sphere Install Location.png
    778 x 242 - 75K
  • Thank you for the prompt reply...I sent you a reply with screen shot to show that it is exactly installed as required.  I appreciate your assistance on this.

Don

• You renamed the resources folder. Please re-install it from the original file.  Also you only need to contact us once. Since you opened a support ticket you don't need to also post a comment here.
  • Thanks Lloyd...did all your recommendations...twice...and have the same issue of "Script error: An error occured when trying to ope and read a resource file"...have tried numerous different types of images and video files thinking the issue was on my end.  Other shapes work very well...just having issues with the 3D Sphere...

DC

• Can you post a screenshot of your scripts folder again?
  • Lloyd, sure appreciate the follow-up help...after screwing around with it some more I got it to work...or at least load...now to see if it works.  Again, thank you for your willingness to help...

DC

• can't it find out auto width and height ? 
  • Hi,

Will this work in After Effects CS6?

• Check the COMPATIBILITY tab, it shows what versions are officially supported for every product on the site.
  • I'm trying to create a 3 sided 3d triangle. Is it possible to change the Pyramid from 4 sides to 3? Any advice on a quick way to create this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • I had a hard time creating a cylinder where the edges of my layers line up exactly. I found an online calculator that'll give you the correct radius to enter:

The number you want to type into Create3DCylinder is the "Inradius CD".

It would be great if there was an option for the script to automatically figure this out so the sides line up exactly.
  • Thanks for the feedback Navarro, the latest version includes this fix.
  • Hi

Any way to create a sphere without the control layer?

I have a bunch of Nulls that have already been keyframed and I wanted them to resolve into a sphere.

Thanks in advance...

J
  • Unfortunately not.
  • I've been having a hard time making a simple 3D cube. The 6 sides of the cube all end up in different parts of 3D space and are not touching each other like you showed in the demo video. I'm not sure if it's an anchor point thing, but if it is I still wouldn't know how to fix it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks
  • I've been having a hard time making a simple 3D cube.
    Hard for us to say without more details. The more details you can provide the more likely we will be able to help. The script works, make sure you are following the demo steps exactly.
  • I've been having a hard time making a simple 3D cube.
    Hard for us to say without more details. The more details you can provide the more likely we will be able to help. The script works, make sure you are following the demo steps exactly.

I'm simply doing what I believe I saw in the demo (though the video is so small I could be missing something).

1. I created a square shape layer.
    2. Ran the script and selected that shape layer to be used for all 6 sides of the cube
    3. Hit create
    4. After hitting create the sides are scattered all over the place in 3D space. No idea why.
    Maybe I shouldn't be using a shape layer and instead just create a solid that's square in size. If you know what I'm doing wring please let me know. Thanks.
  • Yes, I would definitely use normal layers and not shape layers. I bet you that is the issue. Shape layers are very unpredictable and especially when interfacing with the scripting API. Please use normal layers and let us know how it goes.
  • Yes, I would definitely use normal layers and not shape layers. I bet you that is the issue. Shape layers are very unpredictable and especially when interfacing with the scripting API. Please use normal layers and let us know how it goes.

Thanks, Lloyd. That worked like a charm. As long as I stay away from shape layers it works like you said it would.

Upon experimenting with this script I did find some anomalies. I found that taking a layer and adding a gradient or stroke to it and then applying the script creates some funky looking cubes that don't look right from a perspective point of view. I found that I have to add those things afterwards to get the cube looking right. It's a time waster to have to do that, but if that's how it has to be done, that's how it goes.

In any case, thanks for your help.
  • I bought this with the intent of having a bunch of characters (from a type paragraph), fly into a sphere (or back out of one). The problem is no amount of keyframing I can detect will get you back to original position once you've run this script. I tried setting keyframes for virtually everything, but once you run this script (later in the timeline) the expressions make the original position unusable and unreachable. Is it possible by any technique to use the script for my purpose??
  • I bought this with the intent of having a bunch of characters (from a type paragraph), fly into a sphere (or back out of one). The problem is no amount of keyframing I can detect will get you back to original position once you've run this script. I tried setting keyframes for virtually everything, but once you run this script (later in the timeline) the expressions make the original position unusable and unreachable. Is it possible by any technique to use the script for my purpose??
    We don't really understand your problem but we recommend creating the sphere first and then keyframing not the other way around.
  • Using AE 2014 Create 3D Sphere scripts stops for me can not run the script. Is the script compatible with AE 2014 cc
  • Using AE 2014 Create 3D Sphere scripts stops for me can not run the script. Is the script compatible with AE 2014 cc
    It should work.  If you can give us more details about what your issue is there will be a better chance for us to help you. You can also open a support ticket and send us a screencast of the problem so we can see what you are experiencing. You can use this free tool to record the screencast
  • I looked at your demo tutorial. It looks pretty easy to do. Script stops several times. I guess I have a couple of questions:
    1. Do the layers have to be a certain size?
    2. Can the layers be images\video?
    3. Does the Comp have to be a certain size?
    What is the minimum amount of layers you need to create a sphere? If there is one
    What I am trying to do is use several layers different sizes to make a sphere.
  • I looked at your demo tutorial. It looks pretty easy to do. Script stops several times. I guess I have a couple of questions:
    1. Do the layers have to be a certain size?
    2. Can the layers be images\video?
    3. Does the Comp have to be a certain size?
    What is the minimum amount of layers you need to create a sphere? If there is one
    What I am trying to do is use several layers different sizes to make a sphere.
    1. no, they can be any size
    2. they can be any After Effects layer so yes it can be images or video
    3. comp can be any size

There is no minimum but to get a spherical shape you will need more than a few layers.
  • HI ... 3D box work nice and quick

BUT I got some jagged edges, how can I solve that ?

REGARDS
    Flemming

• HI ... 3D box work nice and quick

BUT I got some jagged edges, how can I solve that ?

REGARDS
    Flemming

Is your resolution set to Full? Also make sure it is not being scaled above 100%. If so just build the cube larger.
  • The pyramid works great in custom view...but when I export I know it goes from the active camera. Do you have a quick solution so that I can render what I am seeing in the custom view?
  • The pyramid works great in custom view...but when I export I know it goes from the active camera. Do you have a quick solution so that I can render what I am seeing in the custom view?
    After Effects can only render cameras so you would need to position a camera into that view and render that camera.
  • (Create3dbox will not work with shape layers in After Effects CC 2017)

Followed Demo steps. planes of cube are floating in 3d space and not connected to each other. Is this related to "normalizing anchors" and if so what would that entail?

(After Effects CC 2017)

EDIT: After clicking around I found that the script does not like shape layers. I have no idea if they still support this script, but thought I'd leave this here in case anyone has this issue.
  • Same problem as Willie Evans. Still like to use this script from time to time. But it doesn't seem to be working with shape layers in AE 2019.

Charles Bordenave - do you think this is a script that you'll update ? 
  • Same problem as Willie Evans. Still like to use this script from time to time. But it doesn't seem to be working with shape layers in AE 2019.

Charles Bordenave - do you think this is a script that you'll update ? 

Please open a support ticket if you need product assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • it doesnt work for me, after creating a 3d cube, all layers do not connect in a cube form, its frustrating.
  • It has quite the learning curve but it works...More information of how to use it would be amazing though. I really do not know what I did to make it work.
  • wow nice tool