CopyMask2Layer 2
  • Will this work from Illustrator to AE?
  • The tool can only copy masks from one AE layer to another AE layer. But of course, it doesn't matter whether the mask originally comes from an illustrator file.
  • Will this work with path within a shape layer? 
    I'm trying to convert shape layers to mask and I realized the path shifts when copied.
  • Hi Andre,
    no, CopyMask2Layer only supports masks as input, not shapes.

• You should develop something to transfer illustrator file to mask...
    There's certainly a need for that kind of tool. I would buy it for sure.
  • Hi Mathias, 
    I'm trying to make the opposite of what Andre asked, Can I copy all my mask keyframes from a layer to paste them in place in a shape layer?
  • Hi Jeremy, currently you cannot do it with CopyMask2Layer, since it does not support shape layers (neither as source nor as target).

• Bakes every key even when "insert as few keyframes as possible".

That is not useful when one is still working on masks. 
  • Hi Christopher,
    how many keyframes you get with "as few keyframes as possible" really depends on the situation.
    There are situations where you really have to have a keyframe on each frame (say original mask was on layer with tracking data i.e. position keyframe on each frame or expressions have been applied to any of the transform properties). But whenever possible, it will use much less keyframes.
  • Hi Mathias,

This is a really great product, and does exactly what I need it to do.  Thanks!  I do have a request-- please consider changing the "CopyMask2Layer" logo to have a dark background.  The white background of the logo is just way too bright against the standard, dark After Effects interface.  In fact, if you matched the background to the AE interface (or even just left the background transparent), it would look pretty slick!  Just a thought.

Thank you again!
  • Thank you for your feedback, Nathan!
    If I change the logo background, I would need to change it consistently among all mamoworld tools. This would mean a big change and hence I need to think carefully about it.
    Cheers,
    Mathias
  • I just bought it, but the it does not show up in the window menu (AE CC 2015.3) this version not supported?
  • @Joel: It should work with CC2015.3
    Did you copy ths jsxbin file to the Script UI Panels folder as described here?
    https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-install-and-run-scripts/

Maybe you copied it to the Script UI Panels folder of another Ae version if you have several installed?

Cheers
    Mathias
  • I just posted a message here that's relative to CopyMask2Layer 2:

As mentioned, it seems as if this issue arose some years ago and I thought you answered, but perhaps that was on the Mamoworld site.  Couldn't find an answer in any case so hopefully you have one now.

Thanks.

• Quick question, I have bunch of masks from a traced photo and I need to put them on separate layers, does this script provide that? Thank you!
  • Hi Elias,

CopyMask2Layer cannot explode to multiple layers in a single click. So you would need to copy and paste the masks one be one to the individual layers. The effort that the script saves you is dealing with possible offsets, which can occur when the source and the target layer have different transforms or sizes.

Quick question, I have bunch of masks from a traced photo and I need to put them on separate layers, does this script provide that? Thank you!

• Hi, very nice script. Do you have a version for Shape Layer path? Its the same issue there. I can't copy Shape layer path to another shape layer, maintaining the same position. I always have to do manually to correct that. Thx :(
  • Hi Dániel,

currently we only have the version for masks, but that's a very good feature request!

Hi, very nice script. Do you have a version for Shape Layer path? Its the same issue there. I can't copy Shape layer path to another shape layer, maintaining the same position. I always have to do manually to correct that. Thx :(

• Hi, thanks for the script.

In the future, I would like to be able to simply select a layer or layers in order to copy all masks from them without selecting each
  • Thank you for this suggestion!

Hi, thanks for the script.

In the future, I would like to be able to simply select a layer or layers in order to copy all masks from them without selecting each

• Hello mamoworld Möhl / anyone else

Can i use CopyMask2Layer to select multiple masks on 1 layer and distribute each mask on to its own individual layer, preferably that would be a copy of the same layer?

If not is there another method please?

It would be very handy and cut down time?

:)

• Hi Graham,
    CopyMask2Layer just copies one mask at the time.

Maybe this tool is what you are looking for?

Hello mamoworld Möhl / anyone else

Can i use CopyMask2Layer to select multiple masks on 1 layer and distribute each mask on to its own individual layer, preferably that would be a copy of the same layer?

If not is there another method please?

It would be very handy and cut down time?

:)

• Big fan of this script! Suddenly not working in AE CC 22 with M1 MAX. Have checked and there doesn't seem to be a compatibility issue or anything. The panel for the script is just blank... any ideas?
  • That's strange! Does it work when you reset Ae's prefs?
    If it is still not working, please open a support ticket at
    https://aescripts.com/contact/

Cam Vokey said:
    Big fan of this script! Suddenly not working in AE CC 22 with M1 MAX. Have checked and there doesn't seem to be a compatibility issue or anything. The panel for the script is just blank... any ideas?