Pixel Bender Accelerator
  • Hi,
    Would it be possible to access the opengl shader pixel bender uses to render?
    This would allow me to see the result wysiwyg in AE and match that inside our game renderer.

Thanks in advance

• I'm sorry but this plugin does not currently support  openGL shader code
  • This plug-in works great with After Effects CC 2014.
  • This plug in does not work with Adobe After Effects CC 2014.
    Yes it works fine in CC2014. If you are having a specific issue please open a support ticket and provide as many details including screenshots and the pb file you are trying so use to we can help you.  The more details you provide the more likely we'll be able to help.
  • Hello.
    I bought a plug-in Pixel Bender Accelerator.
    I wrote the script filter. I got a job file pbk.
    How can I protect it? Can be encrypted?
  • Hi,
    I'm sorry but the plugin can not treat encrypted files.
  • (Sorry for this Japanese comment...)

PC/MACを行き来しながら、Dropboxにaep、pbk等を配置する形で使用させてもらっているのですが、
    それぞれの環境で保存したaepを別環境で開くとpbkのリンクが切れてしまいます。
    pbkの場所が絶対パスで指定されていたりするのでしょうか?パスの記述の仕方がOSで異なるせいでしょうか?

複雑な構造のaepになってくると、都度pbk指定し直しが中々大変で。。
    修正いただけると助かります。
  • ご意見ありがとうございます。
    ご指摘の通り、PBAcceleratorはPixel Benderフィルタを絶対パスで同定しています。
    対応策を検討いたします。

Pixel Bender accelerator identifies the Pixel Bender filter by it's absolute path.
    So changing machine will invalidate the filter.
    I will try to fix this.
  • バージョン1.2.1で対応しました。
    付属のスクリプトPBA_Launcherで指定したフォルダから、見つからなかったファイルを
    検索するようにしました。

I fixed by version 1.2.1.
    Lost filter files are searched from a folder specified by the attached script "PBA_Launcher" .
  • Hi there, is it possible to set the in-/output resolution higher than 4096 ???
    It would be great because i would loose quality, thanks a lot !
  • Hi
    The resolution limit depends on your OpenGL environment.

For example, by my machine:
    Mac Book Pro, Intel HD3000, 6400x4800 is OK, but 6800x4800 does not work.
    Windows desktop, RadeonHD7700, 16000x16000 is OK (but too heavy to work with).
  • I can't get this plugin to work between two computers as a network render via watch folders. It will work on either computer independently as local, but not on either via watch folder. It is in the same folder on both computers. It would speed up my renders if I could use both my laptop and desktop simultaneously. Any suggestions?
  • Try:

1. To use same absolute path for pixel bender files.
    But if the user name different between machines, you can't do this.

2. To use same relative file path for pixel bender.
    In both machines, make a folder, put pixel bender files into that folder.
    Array the pixel bender files to have same relative path from the folder.
    In both machine, launch pixel bender accelerator launcher script, and specify the folder.
    Then the plugin searches pixel bender files from the folder using relative path.
  • Hello, I have just downloaded this plugin and it doesnt work on my CC 2017 AE version. It says invalid PB. Could you please help me? Thankyou
  • Hi
    Please open a support ticket and attache your pixel bender.
  • Hi, is there any chance you'll be updating this for current version of AE? Love PBA and miss it.

• Hi,

I have confirmed that this plugin works with the latest version of After Effects on OS Windows.
    After applying the plugin to a layer, please press the "reset" button located at the top of the Effects panel.

It should also work on MacOS with an Intel CPU running the latest After Effects version. However, I do not think it will work on a CPU with Apple Silicon. I am sorry, but there are no plans to update it to be compatible.
  • Ahh, oh no, I'm on a M1 Mac. This is tragic.