Infocharts Creator
  • Hi Momcilo,

I have chosen not to load an existing .csv file but just enter three pairs of my own values. I get the following error when I run the script (Trial Version).

After Effects Warning: Expected: ;
    Expression disabled

Error occurred at line 1.
    Comp: 'Comp 1'
    Layer: 1 ('Line Graph')
    Property: 'Starting Point'
  • Sorry, it's the same error as basem alideeb found below except that I'm using AE CS4 on Mac OS 10.6.8
  • Sorry, it's the same error as basem alideeb found below except that I'm using AE CS4 on Mac OS 10.6.8
    Please redownload the script. There was a semicolon missing.
  • Nice script. A few suggestions:

1. switch currency as prefix or suffix for international use.
    2. I don't know about other currencies but in germany the decimals are seperated with a "," and the "." is only for seperating thousands. I.e. 1.000,00 or 100.000,00. I guess this goes for a lot of european countries too.
    3. Sequential animations would be nice.
    4. The y-offset in the description items should be optional.
    5. The ring chart is really hard to read. Would it make sense to drow full circles with a less opaque color so one can identify which ring stands for which item?
    6. The animation of the numerical values is quite irritating sometimes. Would make sense i a sequential animation but with every bar rising at once it's just weird. a toggle switch would be quite useful I guess.
    7. For the sake of completeness a pie chart would be nice.

Thanks for readig :)
  • I have redownloaded the script but I'm still getting the same error.
  • I have redownloaded the script but I'm still getting the same error.
    Hey Frank,

I uploaded the old version by accident. Can you please redownload again?

Thanks
    Hey!

Please redownload the script since the problem was solved!

Cheers
  • it's not working for me !
    I'm using after effects cc
    http://s18.postimg.org/4d8amqoqh/2013_09_19_00_55_41.jpg
    Hey!

Please redownload the script everything is working now.

Cheers
  • Thanks, Momcilo. It's working now.

A query about 'Min Value'. I have a chart with values running from 234 to 452. I have Max Value set to 500. So the chart displays values on the Y-axis from 0 to 500. So far, so good. If I now change Min Value to 200 the shape of the chart changes, as I would expect. But the values displayed on the Y-axis are now 0 to 300, rather than 200 to 500.

I would also echo Derek's comment below about sequential animations, especially for Bar Charts.

Frank

• Thanks, Momcilo. It's working now.

A query about 'Min Value'. I have a chart with values running from 234 to 452. I have Max Value set to 500. So the chart displays values on the Y-axis from 0 to 500. So far, so good. If I now change Min Value to 200 the shape of the chart changes, as I would expect. But the values displayed on the Y-axis are now 0 to 300, rather than 200 to 500.

I would also echo Derek's comment below about sequential animations, especially for Bar Charts.

Frank

Fixed it! Redownload again! :) Thank you for testing the script!

About this:
    1. switch currency as prefix or suffix for international use. 

I don't know if you watched the tutorial but if you rename the '$' layer you will change the prefix to that text.

About this:
    3. Sequential animations would be nice.

You can unshy the layers and offset layers named "Bar_#" and the animation will be sequential. You can use this script to do the job: https://aescripts.com/rift/

Every other feature is not that hard to implement so i will do that in 1-2 days!

Thanks again!

• No problem. I'm an AE script test-aholic! Ask Mathias Möhl!

The following are just some additional suggestions...

(1) The ability to choose a font and change font size.
    (2) The ability to change how many values are shown on the Y-axis. (I think it looks a little strange that the values remain as 'dense' when I reduce the number of Grid Horizontal parts. But others may take a different view.)

Frank
  • No problem. I'm an AE script test-aholic! Ask Mathias Möhl!

The following are just some additional suggestions...

(1) The ability to choose a font and change font size.
    (2) The ability to change how many values are shown on the Y-axis. (I think it looks a little strange that the values remain as 'dense' when I reduce the number of Grid Horizontal parts. But others may take a different view.)

Frank
    About the font, before you run the script just set the font you want and the script will use that font.

Cheers
  • Again, regarding font style and size, I know it's possible to unshy the layers and do this. But a global option might be useful. :-)

• I don't know if you watched the tutorial but if you rename the '$' layer you will change the prefix to that text.
    Yeah I noticed this but it's still a prefix. Other countries have their currency as a suffix by default so an option fo this would be sweet.
  • how about a trend line as well as an average?
  • I've just been trying this out - I would like to use this in a project I have right now but there are some problems that need addressing first before I'd buy this. IMO I think it's also rather a steep price at $39.99, let alone $59.99 for such a relatively basic script. You can obviously charge what you like and I don't have to buy it - but just my thoughts.

1) Y axis labels should coincide with the number of horizontal lines you set (you call it horizontal parts - although I think it would be better called vertical divisions or something like that)

2) Dragging the grid horizontal or vertical parts to zero (easy to do) results in a divide by zero error and the expressions get disabled - needs some error trapping in the expression code.

3) I want to be able to set the grid line thickness - is that control available or do you have to go into the grid effect and change there? It really should be in the dashboard theme null I think.

4) when I set a minimum value, the lines animate in from the bottom of the comp screen, not the bottom graph axis as you would expect - this is a serious issue as it doesn't look at all right.

5) would be great to have some options for the line easing i.e. a bit of bounce etc

6) There needs to be a button that loads the CSV import dialogue and this shouldn't be on initialisation of the script - I docked the script window and every time AE loads, Infocharts Creator asks me if I want to load a CSV file - it would be much neater if you had a button for this. Additionally, if I then want to load a CSV later, I have to close and re-open the script to get the dialogue.

Many thanks.

• @Paul Gale:

$39.99 is not a steep price and this is not a basic script. Don't know why you have an impression that this is an easy script. Everything is automated.

1. Will fix this in the next update
    2. Will fix this in the next update
    3. Will add this in the next update
    4. Will fix this in the next update
    5. Will add this in the next update
    6. I can't have a button button because if you would want to use CSV data i would need to redraw the UI and that causes some errors. That is why it's in the beginning.
  • OK thanks.

What happens when you want to edit a chart and you've already made all of the modifications and styling? Do you have to start all over again?

• @Paul Gale:

What do you mean? You can edit the values on Dashboard Values layer.
  • Hi,

I mean if you want to add a new value or delete an old one

• Hello,

I need some specific features very urgent! :D

1. Bar-Chart: Please add the option to set the set the Unit of the Value (standard is $) to the right side of the text. My current values are in %. So when I change the Layer from $ to %, I get for example %50. But I need 50%. I hope you understand the problem. I know where to change this in the expressions but I have 35 bars and it's quite a lot to change...

2. Fonts: It would be a massive help, if it would be possible to change the font for everything after running the script. I did a lot of changes and additional animation and effects on all of it and it's a lot of work to change the fonts after everything is done. But you know how clients are...
    Please help, project deadline is coming fast!!! You're my only hope, Obi-Wan!

• Hello, 

It doesn't work for me. 

Here is a screenshot of the result after Ring Chart creation : http://goo.gl/MSvo6z

I'm on AE CS6 / Mac OS 10.9.

Could you quickly help me please ?

Thanks.
  • Hello, 

It doesn't work for me. 

Here is a screenshot of the result after Ring Chart creation : http://goo.gl/MSvo6z

I'm on AE CS6 / Mac OS 10.9.

Could you quickly help me please ?

Thanks.
    Hey,

CSV stands for Comma Separated Value, that means your data should be separated by comma values and not semicolon. If you want you can send me the csv file and i can replace the semicolons with comma values.

Cheers
  • I'm not using the CSV function.
    I've manually entered all entries. 

Any ideas ?
  • I'm not using the CSV function.
    I've manually entered all entries. 

Any ideas ?
    can you please send me the screenshot of the values you are using?
    You probably typed in a value that is not a number...

Cheers
  • Here it is : http://goo.gl/KLXLD9

Thanks.
    Hm... everything looks good.
    Maybe it's the french letter "e"? Can you try and rename every "e" with the little thingy to just "e" and try to create a chart? If that works you can then just rename the layer to "e" with the thingy and it will work.

And have you tried to delete all and just type the info again?

Cheers
  • Tried both. Nothing changed.
    Could the problem comes from the OS (Mavericks) ?

Thanks.
  • Is there an option to animate the line graph through time? For example, if you had the years 2000 - 2010 running along the X axis could you animate the data shown on the Y axis changing as time goes by? Couldn't work it out in trial and you don't mention in video tutorial.

Thanks.
  • Hi, unfortunately the script is not working. Using CS6 in German.

Just getting 5 layers (Help - do not touch, Null 2, Null 1, $, Background), doesn't matter if loading a csv or manually creating values and doesn't matter how many values. The "Null"-elements show a small square, all other layers are empty.

Please help!
    Thanks in advance.

AE_screen.jpg
    1711 x 964 - 428K
  • Just an idea: Is your script using any expressions? There are no showing up in my 5 layers, and so no failures, but if there are some inside your script, the problem can be found there maybe because of non-english language on my system. I am just thinking of this when having a look on the same problem like Guillaume described a few days ago.
  • I've tried this script, and it perfectly works with english version of AE. But when I try with the french version, it doesn't work (same problem as Michael)...
    Will you post a new version of the script which can run with others languages ?
  • The demo looked good. Tried the trial but couldn't enter everything I need. Just bought it and still getting the same errors adding my .csv. Is it possible just to upload a 2 minute tutorial starting in the excel sheet so I can see how your spreadsheet looks then importing into script.  When I add my values manually in the box and click bar chart it just looks like crap. I thought it would adapt better for $40 after I had to manually put everything. uh! I got the font change note in this. I thought the script box would have more options before you compute it and have to mess with layers. Oh well. please msg me if a tutorial goes up. I want my charts to look like your demo charts.
  • Just add in your tutorial the actual visual of the spreadsheet! Mine looks the same but it doesn't import. I'm not a spreadsheet king. I could be doing something wrong but it is saved correctly and in the correct format. Eh. This might sound crazy but is there a way to change images? So instead of a bar I can change the value in the layer to say a picture of a bus so it shoots up a lot of buses (say you want to show bus riders by city instead of just a boring bar chart ----> images enlarge/decrease as a bar)
  • Heres the error I get "Unable to execute script at line 1. Uncaught Javascript exception: Delimiter expected after character 5"
  • The demo looked good. Tried the trial but couldn't enter everything I need. Just bought it and still getting the same errors adding my .csv. Is it possible just to upload a 2 minute tutorial starting in the excel sheet so I can see how your spreadsheet looks then importing into script.  When I add my values manually in the box and click bar chart it just looks like crap. I thought it would adapt better for $40 after I had to manually put everything. uh! I got the font change note in this. I thought the script box would have more options before you compute it and have to mess with layers. Oh well. please msg me if a tutorial goes up. I want my charts to look like your demo charts.
    Hey Paul,

Can you maybe send me your sheet so i can do the video with your values and show you how to use it?
    Not sure why it looks bad. When you click create it should create the same chart you see in the video.

Cheers
  • Hi,
    I'm on a dead line of the project too, I have the same problem of the previous commenst;
    background red, script errorr...
    why do you sell a not working product?!?!

I want my money back!!
  • Hi,
    I'm on a dead line of the project too, I have the same problem of the previous commenst;
    background red, script errorr...
    why do you sell a not working product?!?!

I want my money back!!
    Hi,

Script is working. Please specify your problem so i can help you. What do you mean red background? No one was complaining about that. Please specify the problem so we can solve it.

Cheers
  • Hi, 
    same error of:
    - Paul Meyer
    - Micheal Weis
    - Gulliame Mariteau
    - frank Hand

if for you there are no problem and you say that your pluging works.. well dude, please read again this forum topics and you will understand that your plugin doesn't work on all platforms and computers.
    You should specify problems so people will choose to buy or not.

I have an Italian version onAE cs6
    error problem

Expression disabled

You didn't write any solution in the forum for this error so..
    it doesn't work

please give me money back
  • Hi, same error of:- Paul Meyer- Micheal Weis- Gulliame Mariteau- frank Hand
    if for you there are no problem and you say that your pluging works.. well dude, please read again this forum topics and you will understand that your plugin doesn't work on all platforms and computers.You should specify problems so people will choose to buy or not.

I have an Italian version onAE cs6error problem
    Expression disabled
    You didn't write any solution in the forum for this error so..it doesn't work
    Hey,

It seems that the code is missing ';' somewhere. It's a very easy fix. Would you be kind and upload me a screenshot of the problem so i can fix it really fast?

We fixed this problem before but maybe when i uploaded the latest version it appeared again.

• it doesn't work
    Hi Tommaso,

We are really sorry it is still not working for you.  I just issued a full refund. We are also working quickly to resolve the issue.  Foreign language issues are harder to fix as we don't have the same system as you so we can't re-create the bug you are seeing as easily.
  • Yes I received the refund,
    Thank you, I hope you will fix this problem soon; I bought other products and are very good

Regards

T
  • Yes I received the refund,
    Thank you, I hope you will fix this problem soon; I bought other products and are very good

Regards

T
    Hey Tommaso,

Thank you for your understanding and we will fix the problem as soon as possible.

Thanks
  • Infocharts Creator v1.04 update! Language issues fixed!

You can download the new version from the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account.  
  • Can you add an option to choose the text size ?

and can you add analyze Icons (male - female)

it would be very nice and useful 
  • I've been trying to get this to work for 2 weeks and no success. It will generate a chart, but I can't use a camera on it to zoom in and around it, I can't change the text size to make it legible, I can't add a percentage to it (no suffix), I can't preComp and resize it, no 'sort' function in script, have to do everything in .csv. Is this broken, or it it supposed to be unusable?  I've given up trying to use it and created several charts manually.  I want my money back.
  • "I've been trying to get this to work for 2 weeks and no success. It will generate a chart."
    I'm not sure what's the hold up here as you said "It will generate a chart" which is supoosed to do.
    I've recorded a small video to show you how to navigate with camera around it since it's very easy and it works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5X83IvvV8Y&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Please check this out.

As for no sort function, i never said or wrote that there is a sort function but i must admit it sounds like a cool featured and i'll definitely add it in the next update!
  • Also, would grouping be possible? For instance for election results, have 2010 & 2014 graph bars touch, then space for the next bar?
    example.jpg
    400 x 225 - 15K
  • Hey,

Currently this is not possible with this script but this is a good idea and i will implement it in v2.

About the working CSV i've attached a file to see.
    Cheers
    txt
    txt
    simple.txt
    96B