LightSpeed Animated Font
  • This is a great idea!
  • Where's the '?' letter? It's not showing up at all for me

Hey Paul-

Its in there...check to see if the ? movie is in the footage folder...if it is, then maybe its an issue with Charateristic.

Let me know...
    Hey Paul-
    Its in there...check to see if the ? movie is in the footage folder...if it is, then maybe its an issue with Charateristic.
    Let me know...
    Hi Orrin, I have checked the .zip file Lightspeed comes in and there is no ?.mov in the LIGHTSPEED FOOTAGE folder. I have A-Z ! $ - and _ but no ?

Can you send that over separately so I can add the ? to the footage folder manually please?
  • Can you send that over separately so I can add the ? to the footage folder manually please?

Please open a support ticket
    for direct help on this issue
  • Does anyone know a fancier/cleaner way to transition out without precomping and reversing the time? I am using the typeface in combination with 'characteristic' script
  • Does anyone know a fancier/cleaner way to transition out without precomping and reversing the time? I am using the typeface in combination with 'characteristic' script

hey daniel- theres no automated way thats built in, you have to use your imagination....lens flare out each letter? cut to a second time-reversed animation with different settings (wilder introduction?)...?
  • Shè:kon Paul.

By any chance, would you have the animated fonts for accents like : à, é, è, ù?
    Thanks for the follow-up...

I make my videos in the French language... it would be neat to have those in extras.
    Looking forward to hear from you... 

Kanatakhatsus
  • Shè:kon Paul.

By any chance, would you have the animated fonts for accents like : à, é, è, ù?
    Thanks for the follow-up...

I make my videos in the French language... it would be neat to have those in extras.
    Looking forward to hear from you... 

Kanatakhatsus
    I'm sorry- we don't - but u might be able to reposition and scale some of the misc characters like periods, and I's....
  • Thanks, I will try what you suggest.
  • Hello Orrin, just bought Lightspeed, quite amazing results! 

My question, when i use one of your bonus clips, you can see the black squares on each letters over the bonus clips.
    Anyway to get rid of that? I noticed in your examples ( included in the project ) the squares are not there. Blending modes?

Sorry im quite Mr Noobyness when it comes to AFX.  

Cheers! 
  • They Thuryn-
    Hmmm...sounds like a level thing...maybe your monitor is bette than mine. You can try pre-comping the text and adjust the level (color correction) or brightness and contrast.
  • Hey I need help! I bought the font yesterday and when I import it to my ae composition the fonts don't appear, instead a square with stripes of the colors the font is supposed to be appears. At the beginning it told me I was missing the Helvetica font, so I downloaded and installed it but still is not working. Please this is urgent.
  • Hi, Orrin!
    So love the font and the extras!
    Question: I understant it's compatible with Characteristic. Could it possibly work with Font Manager from Animography? I've tried to use it but their Font manager doesn't seem to find Lightspeed once I open the project file. Thanks!

• Hi, Orrin!
    Question: I understant it's compatible with Characteristic. Could it possibly work with Font Manager from Animography? I've tried to use it but their Font manager doesn't seem to find Lightspeed once I open the project file. Thanks!

Howdy Irina- I'm not sure...I'll look into it. I know when I developed it, there was no Font Manager. I have to learn more about it.

I'll be back.
    -oz
  • Hi, Orrin!

Sadly, Font Manager is only for .jsx files - LightSpeed is really a film-based (QT) font, so can only use Characterisitic.

Sorry.
  • Will this work in AE 2023-24? Characteristic has been discontinued, is there anything else that will work with this animated font? Thank you.