Project Cleaner
  • Hello,

Thank you for downloading my script "Project Cleaner". If you have any suggestions or comments, please feel free to post them here. I will be notified whenever someone leaves comments on my script.

Cheers,
    Michel
  • The script will delete Adjustment layers that are in use regardless of the yes, no option.  Several of my adjustment layers in use in the comps simply disappear when I run the script.  
    I asked for this script a while back on aenhancers.

Thanks for writing the script.  
  • Hi Greg,

Thank you for your feedback, I will look at it soon, I hope it does caused you too much problem. I know the usefulness of this kind of script, I also use it and I have not had this problem with adjustment layers yet. I hope this script is helpful.

Cheers,
    Michel
  • You can think of the word "footage" like water, money, luggage, and data. So the word "footages" in the interface is somewhat awkward.
  • Hi,
    The way I understand the word "Footage" in After Effects, it means all audio items, still images, moving picture.

• I see the problem.  I use a script/button to create adjustment layers so they all come in as "Adjustment Layer" rather than "Adjustment Layer 39" as it does by choosing New -> Adjustment Layer.  Maybe my script should allow for numbering of the adjustment layers ...  Also, I often create solids with my Adj layer button then change it into whatever I want.  So, I end up with a lot of solids all named "Adjustment Layer."  I'm sure that's the problem.   
    Any idea how I can allow my script to create a numbered layer instead of an identical name?
  • Hi Greg,

Here is,attached file, a example of script that create numbered adjustment layers.

Cheers,
    Michel
    zip
    zip
    Create_Adjustment_Layers.zip
    950B
  • The script works but it's more clicks and trouble than New -> Adjustment Layer.  My button is a one click layer creator in the working comp.  I asked if someone could update the code I'm using on aenhancers.  http://aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2278 ;
    Maybe I can insert some of this code into mine.
    Thanks.
  • I would like to see one more button in the "unused" category, Unused Compositions. 

• When a composition is empty, it's like an unused composition. So if you Click on Empty Compositions, you remove unused compositions.
  • The script still deletes adjustment layers in use, even after numbering each adjustment layer uniquely.  
  • which button did you Click, Solids in Redundant section or Solids in Unused section ?
  • Hi,

Here are the details of latest versions :

Revision details - version 1.1
    Fixed a problem of removing unused solids when removing unused Footages.

Revision details - version 1.2
    Fixed a problem of removing sources of Solids and Footages before being able to check layers in composition due to certain Layers types.

Fixed a problem of removing sources of Solids and Footages before checking all layers referring to this source in a composition.

You can download the latest version from  the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account.  

Cheers,

Michel

• Michel,  v1.2 seems to work really well.  I gave it an initial test and didn't see any problems.  Very cool work!  Thank you.
  • Compatible with CC2015.3?
  • Hi,
    I do not have the CC 2015.3 release. I will nevertheless do testing with the CC 2015.2 version and I'll let you know
  • This does not seem to be compatible with CC 2017, fyi.
  • Working in a project where I am importing nulls from maya and boy did my solids folder get ugly. This plugin cleaned up those redundant layers perfectly! What a great plugin, thank you!
  • Hi, I'm trying to have this work with kbar, but no luck.

Has anyone had any success in doing this? Or suggestions with solutions?
  • I wish this were still current...I'd love to automatically clean up redundant nulls, adjustment layers, solids, and anything else that's referencing the same file twice, etc.
  • It does not work with After Effects 2021 and 2022.