Dojo Text Generator
  • Hi,

Looks like a really handy script - well done and thanks!

What would be really awesome is if the script could create or break a line of text with the words positioned in place as they were in a sentence rather than all positioned the same. That's something I often need to do (to animate words separately without using the text animator features). Not sure if that's possible and how it would be done though?

Cheers,

Paul.
  • Thanks for the feedback Paul, this has actually been a really popular request and I am looking for a solution to implement this feature into (hopefully) the upcoming version of Dojo Text Generator. Will keep you posted!
  • I try to name my own price and it just keeps jumping back to $5.99???????????????????????????
  • I try to name my own price and it just keeps jumping back to $5.99???????????????????????????
    Just tried it and it seems to work just fine in naming any custom price? Try clearing cache or try restarting your browser. If the problem keeps occurring, may want to contact site support.
    Don't include the $ in the new price. Make sure it is numbers only.
  • Hi,

Looks like a really handy script - well done and thanks!

What would be really awesome is if the script could create or break a line of text with the words positioned in place as they were in a sentence rather than all positioned the same. That's something I often need to do (to animate words separately without using the text animator features). Not sure if that's possible and how it would be done though?

Cheers,

Paul.

DecomposeText
    can do this currently. Due to AE limitations exact placement can only be achieved with expressions but "close enough" position can be achieved without and it gives you the option.
  • How can I use the newline character as a separator?
  • How can I use the newline character as a separator?
    Hey Mike,

I just updated the script with a newline separator option thanks to your suggestion. Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,
    VinhSon

• Thanks. Newline worked. But "Moved “Options” to settings" not very comfortable :)
    Is it possible to add the option to shift new lines down? that they do not overlap

• Thanks. Newline worked. But "Moved “Options” to settings" not very comfortable :)
    Is it possible to add the option to shift new lines down? that they do not overlap

Awesome, glad it worked for you! I will keep your feedback in mind about the Options as I believe not many people use them anyways.

What do you mean by "Add option to shift new lines down?" You want to offset the position of each text layer?
  • You want to offset the position of each text layer?
    yes. I think it would be cool!
  • Thanks for making this tool. I'd really like to use it on a job I'm working on right now, but not having layers retain transform properties or expressions is hindering me. Any plans to include this stuff in the future?
  • Thanks for making this tool. I'd really like to use it on a job I'm working on right now, but not having layers retain transform properties or expressions is hindering me. Any plans to include this stuff in the future?
    Maintaining positional data is a bit tricky, but we'll work something in for the next update. I'm assuming you want the extracted text to retain all effect parameters + expressions?
  • I can't open Dojo text Generator. Ae says " line 121 script can't work. invalid image data".  My AE is  2015_2.
    Please help me!
  • I can't open Dojo text Generator. Ae says " line 121 script can't work. invalid image data".  My AE is  2015_2.
    Please help me!
    Hi Osamu,

Apologies for the error, I have updated the script to v1.4 that should correct this bug. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Is there a way to use this to break text into each letter?
    Not in this current version, but I can add this in for the next version!
    You could try using a "Custom" separator, and leaving the text field blank. This should split all text into characters.