• Why is there a "Name Your Own Price" box but when you try to change the price you'll get an error message: "Custom price is not allowed for this product."?
  • Why is there a "Name Your Own Price" box but when you try to change the price you'll get an error message: "Custom price is not allowed for this product."?

Sorry about that, it was a configuration error that we just fixed. Please try again, you should be able to set the price now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Thank you François for updating your plugin!  I just came across it.  I created a tutorial on how to render out a UV pass from C4D and retexture objects in AE using another artist's plugin a while ago, but unfortunately it was a pixel bender plugin, so compatibility beyond CS5.5 wasn't available.  This left my tutorial dead in the water.  But now that I've discovered your plugin, I have updated my tutorial's description to reflect your updated plugin.  Thank you again for updating your plugin and offering all of us another option for remapping in AE.

Here is the tutorial incase you're interested:
  • I ended up needing the features this product didn't have, but it looks like a great basic mapper. Build in some features to deal with the edges and I'd happily pay double.  Here's my review:
  • Nice plugin, but non-integer tiling options and mip-mapping (better filtering) would be very welcome!
  • For some reason, the PBKs and PBGs, in this case the ftUVpass, are not recognized by after effects CC 2014 - any hints on that?
  • Is there a tutorial for getting this working with C4D? I'm not having success with the maping working correctly with the UV passes I'm rendering out.
  • I have used it in CC 2015 and it works basically but unfortunately is not usable at all due to heavy aliasing issues. The mapped graphics look very jaggy, even if I create them in high resolution. Am I doing something wrong?
  • For people having aliasing problems or just generally getting blocky-looking results - make sure both your UV pass and your AE comp are 16bit.
  • Hi there!  I am getting this errormessage 
    plugin could not be loaded (126)  (48:46) in AE CS5.
    I updated the gaphic drivers, but no result.
    Is there an issue with Windows 10, maybe?

Thank you!
  • Hi,

I want purchase the ft-Uv pass plugin and want to know: if isomeone must have this plugin in order to open an already finished project for example a magazine (rendered from c4d) or the result is a generated script.

Thanks
  • Hasn't worked for me followed instructions. I'm running os 10.6.8 + CS5.  Can you confirm if this will work with mac?  thank you
  • Hello

Could you make a version of this which supports camera lense distortion with ST maps from pfTrack ?
  • hello

I am testing out your plugin ft-UVpass for use with ST-maps outputted from pfTrack in order to create a lens distortion workflow.
    It seemigly works great BUT when i difference the re-applied distortion there is a very very small pixel difference.

Would you please help me and look into why this is? It would be greatly appreciated :)
  • Hi, just wondering if anyone had a fix for the aliasing issue with this script? Tried making the files 16bit but it didn't help.

Thanks, adam
  • I was so close to posting that I was having the same problem too--had that major aliasing issue (huge pixels) even with 16bit images for both UV and texture, but then I realized how to change my AE comp to 16bit mode and that solved it!
  • I have used ft-UVPass for years now with great results. I mostly use Blender to generate my UV maps from 3D projects.

For those who are having issues getting satisfactory results, here are some tips:

1. Make sure you are rendering at least 16-bit images from your 3D program for your UV passes. 8-bit images don't have enough information. This means you will be rendering to a PNG, TIFF, or other 16-bit compatible image. You will never render these as a JPEG.
    2. Make sure you're NOT working in 8-bit mode in AE. (This is an easier issue to avoid these days, as AE now defaults to 16-bit, I've noticed.)

3. To fix alignment issues, you need to Linearize the UV map. There is more than one way to do this, but I like to use the Color Profile Converter filter, where I check the "Linearize Output Profile" box. The only other setting you might change here, IMO, is the Input Profile. But leaving everything but that "Linearize Out Profile" box at their defaults will get you pretty close.

4. While setting to 16-bit fixes the worst of the aliasing issues, the resulting imagery can still have some blockiness to it. You can alias your results by doing the following:
    - Use a Transform filter BEFORE the ft-UVPass filter, and increase the scale to 200% or 400%. (The higher the number, the better the result, but the longer the processing)
    - Next use the ft-UVPass filter as you'd normally do.
    - Add a second Transform filter AFTER ft-UVPass, this time reducing the scale to 50% or 25% (thus restoring the size to 100%)

As there are many items here, I created an Animation Preset for this effect to speed up my workflow, with effects in this order:
    - Color Profile Converter (Linearize the output of the UV Pass render)
    - Slider Control (this drives some expressions to automate the scaling associated with the Transform filter)
    - Transform (for increasing the size, as dictated by the Slider Control)
    - ft-UVPass
    - Blur filter (sometimes I like to soften the image before shrinking it back down)
    - Transform (for reducing / restoring the size)
    - Blur filter (sometimes I like to soften the image after shrinking it back down!)

The expression for "Scale" on the first Transform filter:
              100*effect("Slider Control")("Slider")
    The expression for "Scale" on the second Transform filter:
              100/effect("Slider Control")("Slider")
    The result being that if the slider is set to 4, it will scale it up to 400%, apply the filter, then scale back down 25%. The higher the number, the higher the quality.

Finally, if you really want to go the extra mile, don't forget that UV passes are only concerned with the Red and Green channels. I don't like to use an alpha channel in my UV renders, as it can mess with the precision of the UV information at the edges. Rather, I pipe the alpha information to the Blue channel of my UV render, which I can extract later (I use the Shift Channels filter for that) and then create an Alpha Matte for the UV Pass layer. (This is pretty straightforward to do with Blender using compositing nodes; I imagine it's equally doable in most 3d render apps.)

Hope this helps.

• The plugin seems to be clamping my whites and blacks to 16 bit values while in 32 bit... is there a 32bit float fix in the works or is there something I am doing incorrectly?
  • Having big antialiasing issues with this plugin, 16 or 32 bit (32 bit does seam to change anything afaic). Works for simple low quality images but awefull with HD text content very contrasted.
    So : thank you so much Be Nubyu, very helpfull for now.
    Be Nubyu said:
    I have used ft-UVPass for years now with great results. I mostly use Blender to generate my UV maps from 3D projects.

For those who are having issues getting satisfactory results, here are some tips:

1. Make sure you are rendering at least 16-bit images from your 3D program for your UV passes. 8-bit images don't have enough information. This means you will be rendering to a PNG, TIFF, or other 16-bit compatible image. You will never render these as a JPEG.
    2. Make sure you're NOT working in 8-bit mode in AE. (This is an easier issue to avoid these days, as AE now defaults to 16-bit, I've noticed.)

3. To fix alignment issues, you need to Linearize the UV map. There is more than one way to do this, but I like to use the Color Profile Converter filter, where I check the "Linearize Output Profile" box. The only other setting you might change here, IMO, is the Input Profile. But leaving everything but that "Linearize Out Profile" box at their defaults will get you pretty close.

4. While setting to 16-bit fixes the worst of the aliasing issues, the resulting imagery can still have some blockiness to it. You can alias your results by doing the following:
    - Use a Transform filter BEFORE the ft-UVPass filter, and increase the scale to 200% or 400%. (The higher the number, the better the result, but the longer the processing)
    - Next use the ft-UVPass filter as you'd normally do.
    - Add a second Transform filter AFTER ft-UVPass, this time reducing the scale to 50% or 25% (thus restoring the size to 100%)

As there are many items here, I created an Animation Preset for this effect to speed up my workflow, with effects in this order:
    - Color Profile Converter (Linearize the output of the UV Pass render)
    - Slider Control (this drives some expressions to automate the scaling associated with the Transform filter)
    - Transform (for increasing the size, as dictated by the Slider Control)
    - ft-UVPass
    - Blur filter (sometimes I like to soften the image before shrinking it back down)
    - Transform (for reducing / restoring the size)
    - Blur filter (sometimes I like to soften the image after shrinking it back down!)

The expression for "Scale" on the first Transform filter:
              100*effect("Slider Control")("Slider")
    The expression for "Scale" on the second Transform filter:
              100/effect("Slider Control")("Slider")
    The result being that if the slider is set to 4, it will scale it up to 400%, apply the filter, then scale back down 25%. The higher the number, the higher the quality.

Finally, if you really want to go the extra mile, don't forget that UV passes are only concerned with the Red and Green channels. I don't like to use an alpha channel in my UV renders, as it can mess with the precision of the UV information at the edges. Rather, I pipe the alpha information to the Blue channel of my UV render, which I can extract later (I use the Shift Channels filter for that) and then create an Alpha Matte for the UV Pass layer. (This is pretty straightforward to do with Blender using compositing nodes; I imagine it's equally doable in most 3d render apps.)

Hope this helps.

• After Effects error: plug-in  could not be loaded (126). (48::46) 
    and
    After Effects error: invalid filter (25::3)

how can fix this?
  • Great plugin - I am just having some issues where my texture is a bit pixelated when mapped - around the endges of text and images. I am working in After Effects 32bit workspace and have rendered my UV mapin 32bit from cinema 4d (i've tried tiff, psd, png image sequence). I have 'preserve RGB' in After Effects colour management checked. Using After Effects CC2019 and Cinema 4d R14.
    Is a bit pixelated as good as it gets, or am I missing something?
  • Hi - love the plugin and use daily!

Is there any chance of updating to support M1 Macs - works in Rosetta mode but isn't ideal. 

Many thanks

David
  • I (and my colleagues) keep having the issue where our UV is flipped. I have Red in the upper right, and Green in the lower left when looking at the UV. It looks correct in C4D, then when i render it out in standard, it's flipped upside down when using ft-UVPass. 
    Same with RE:Map, which does the same thing, except RE:map has a Flip Y button.
    I can flip the UV in c4d, but then the UV test pattern i'm using looks upside down in my render. 
    Anyone else having this issue?

TL:DR my Y is flipped in AE, but not in C4D.
  • Hi - love the plugin and use daily!

Is there any chance of updating to support M1 Macs - works in Rosetta mode but isn't ideal. 

Many thanks

David
    +1 for M1 capability.  Wonderful plugin, thank you for all the great work.  
  • +1 on hope M1 support - otherwise awesome! I'll gladly buy again.
  • Hi, any chance there will be an update for M1 Mac's?
  • Not working on M1, opens in Rosetta but fails to render.
  • +1 for M1 please :)
  • having this issue with aliasing and blockiness even though i am in 16 bit 
    Screen Shot 2023-06-14 at 12.55.55 PM.png
    1408 x 806 - 308K
  • having this issue with aliasing and blockiness even though i am in 16 bit 
    If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket.