MoviePrint – an OSX Tool
  • Excelent tool! unfortunately is only for Mac users.
  • This is a dream tool - VERY well done! Great for a ton of uses! Love it! 
  • Looks like a great app. Unfortunately it doesn't work with Mac OS 10.11.6. You need to specify in the description which versions it works with.
  • Hi James
    I am sorry to hear that it did not work.
    Strangely enough does the underlying framework note Mac OS 10.10 as the minimum requirement. I therefor now asked a friend who also has Mac OS 10.11.6 to try running it and it worked for her.
    Could you describe what it does or does not do? In case the window opens up and you are stuck there, you could go to the menu and do View -> Restart in debug mode. There some information could be found what is not working.
    Best regards
    Jakob
  • I was having an issue with the app not opening and generating an OS error message, but by studying the error reports Jakob directed me to use the Archive Utility to open the files rather than The Unarchiver. That solved it and the app now works fine for me in OS 10.11.6. Jakob responded exceptionally fast and worked through the issue very quickly. Thanks Jakob.

• I am testing the latest version on Mac OS 10.12. Two things:
    • On the good side: you can immediately drag thumbnails from Movieprint to your Finder, to Word, PowerPoint, ... that's handy.
    • On the problem side: I don't see the "IN", "OUT", or time ruller when I hover over the thumbnails. Neither can I reposition the thumbnails. What am I doing wrong here? 
    Thank you,

UPDATE: I've found my problem, if you have the "More settings" pane open, you cannot modify the "IN", "OUT", ...  things. Close this pane and it works. Great tool.

Sam
  • Hi Sam, I saw that you have solved your issue. It is on my roadmap to make it work also when the more settings pane is open, but I haven't gotten to it yet. It is unfortunately not self-explanatory.
  • Very nice! Is it possible to choose where to install it though? 
    It just seemed to install without asking me which drive or directory (I'm on Windows)
  • Hi Nicolai,
    unfortunately it is not possible to choose the installation location. I wanted to make it as simple and as fast as possible to use the app and have therefor chosen a one click installer.
    MoviePrint is installed in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs and can easily be removed via Windows System Settings Remove programs.
    Hope that it is still useful to you.
    Best regards
    Jakob
  • Hi Jakob, love your app. But I haven 't been able to export large JPG's or PNG's. Now It only generates small size thumbs, even when I selecte larger dimensions. Have I missed something?? Looking forward to your reply.

Many thanks,

Timur
  • Thanks Timur and sorry to hear about the confusion.
    If I understand your question correctly, there seems to be a misunderstanding. The size and format you can specify in the right side menu is only for MoviePrints (when clicking on "Save MoviePrint"), not for single thumbs. When you click on the Save button on a thumb or you choose to save all thumbs together with the MoviePrint, they are always saved in their original size and only in JPG format. Sorry if that was unclear.
    Hope that this answered your question.
    Best regards
    Jakob
  • Thanks Timur and sorry to hear about the confusion.
    If I understand your question correctly, there seems to be a misunderstanding. The size and format you can specify in the right side menu is only for MoviePrints (when clicking on "Save MoviePrint"), not for single thumbs. When you click on the Save button on a thumb or you choose to save all thumbs together with the MoviePrint, they are always saved in their original size and only in JPG format. Sorry if that was unclear.
    Hope that this answered your question.
    Best regards
    Jakob

• Hi Jakob, thanks for your reply. That's clear, good to know! 

Hope you will keep updating this wonderfull app with interesting new features.

Best,

Timur
  • Hi Jakob,

I have problems after installing the new apple update It has to be a 64 bit app. 
    Is this work in progress? Or do you know a sollution? 

Thanks!

• Hi Steven
    I am sorry to hear that it is not working. 
    • What does the error message say?
    • Are you talking about OSX Catalina?
    I have not tested MoviePrint with the latest OSX version, but MoviePrint is a 64-Bit app. It therefor should not have been a problem. Hmm, strange. You can check yourself under About This Mac -> System Report -> Software -> Applications -> Look for MoviePrint and the 64 Bit column.

As Catalina has introduced another security measure, it could be that double clicking the app will not allow you to open it. Could you try if the following works?
    • Right click the MoviePrint icon
    • Click on Open
    • Are you sure you want to open it -> Click Open
    Please let me know if that works for you.
    Cheers
    Jakob

• For everyone having problems opening MoviePrint on macOS Catalina. 
    There has been a change to the security procedure made by Apple which I did not have time to implement yet into my pipeline. Until then, the following steps should work:
    1. Delete the MoviePrint app file and if available its zip file
    2. Go to System preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General
    3. Set "Allow apps downloaded from" to "App Store and identified developers" (I am an identified developer from Apple!)
    4. Download MoviePrint again
    5. Unpack the zip file
    6. Right click the MoviePrint app icon and click Open
    7. Click Open
    Don't forget to actually download it again after changing the security setting. MacOS seems to remember that it did not allow it before, even when unpacking the old zip file.

These steps only have to be done once. After that MoviePrint should start without problems.
  • For everyone having problems opening MoviePrint on macOS Catalina. 
    There has been a change to the security procedure made by Apple which I did not have time to implement yet into my pipeline. Until then, the following steps should work:
    3. Set "Allow apps downloaded from" to "App Store and identified developers" (I am an identified developer from Apple!)
    5. Unpack the zip file
    7. Click Open
    Don't forget to actually download it again after changing the security setting. MacOS seems to remember that it did not allow it before, even when unpacking the old zip file.

These steps only have to be done once. After that MoviePrint should start without problems.
    Hi Jakob,

Re-Download, Unpack, Right-click, Open doesn't work for me, here is what I got :
    FRENCH : "Impossible d’ouvrir l’application « MoviePrint_v004.app »."
    ENGLISH : "Could not open the application "MoviePrint_v004.app""

Thanks !
  • Hi Thomas,
    I am sorry to hear that my work around, did not work for you. Unfortunately I currently do not have a catalina system to test it again.
    Things you could try after doing steps 1.-3.
    • try it with the newest version directly from my website movieprint.fakob.com
    • or maybe use a different browser to download it with
    I will fix this issue, but I do not have time before the new year.
    Cheers
    Jakob
    [Deleted User] said:
    For everyone having problems opening MoviePrint on macOS Catalina. 
    5. Unpack the zip file
    7. Click Open

Hi Jakob,

Re-Download, Unpack, Right-click, Open doesn't work for me, here is what I got :
    FRENCH : "Impossible d’ouvrir l’application « MoviePrint_v004.app »."
    ENGLISH : "Could not open the application "MoviePrint_v004.app""

Thanks !

• Hey Jakob.

I had a little difficulty getting MoviePrint to open under Catalina but did get there in the end and wanted to share the steps :

1. Delete the MoviePrint app file and if available its zip file.
    3. Set "Allow apps downloaded from" to "App Store and identified developers"
    4. Download MoviePrint again - USE SAFARI AND DOWNLOAD FROM movieprint.fakob.com
    5. Unpack the zip file
    6. Right click the MoviePrint app icon and click Open - you will probably still get an error message
    7. Go back to System preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General
    8. Click 'Open Anyway' and enter your password etc

…it worked for me
  • Thanks Steve! This is very valuable. Hope it helps others having the same issue.
  • I love this app, such an amazing tool. Thank you
  • I love this app, such an amazing tool. Thank you
    Thanks for your kind words!
  • l can't get it to run on m1 mac ultra. It has opened once or twice but never consistently, now, it won't open, It loads and crashes right away. any help would be appreciated.
    THX,
    Fieldy

apple studio m1 ultra running in macOS Ventura v12.5.1

• l can't get it to run on m1 mac ultra. It has opened once or twice but never consistently, now, it won't open, It loads and crashes right away. any help would be appreciated.
    THX,
    Fieldy

apple studio m1 ultra running in macOS Ventura v12.5.1

Hi fieldy funds
    Sorry for the late reply, for Mac users with M1/M2 processors, please install MoviePrint 0.2.12 - https://www.movieprint.org/release-0-2-12-shirin/

• Does not work or open on 

OS X Monterey - 12.6.6
    Apple M1 Max

tried MoviePrint 0.2.12 and 0.2.22
  • Is development on this dead? Hasn't worked for me in a long while (similar to other previous comments). Wondering if it's time to give up the ghost.
  • Hi Taz, thanks for reaching out and yes there is no more development happening on MoviePrint. I know this is unfortunate, but I just do not find the time anymore to make updates. However, there are working versions for Mac and Windows. For Windows and Intel Mac, the latest version 0.2.22 can be used and for Mac M1/M2, version 0.2.12 can be used. 
    If this does not work for you, please let me know what system you are on and give a brief description on what happens.
    Cheers
    Jakob