Conform Studio
  • hi

we bought this at my office.
    i have noticed that when i conform the top layer is always extended to the beginning of the whole timeline.

how can i fix this ?

thanks
    jono
  • Hi Jonathan,

It might be a bug. I'll check it out and get back to you.

All the best
    Bart
  • Hi,

It was a bug. Please download the latest version and check it out now.

All the best
    Bart
  • another bug in conform !

I have upldated to latest build and now the previous error i experienced is gone.
    however ...
    I have laid out some shots on a timeline. some of them have 2 layers overlapped. they are both exactly the same length.
    when i compose the shots i have ' group overlapping layers' turned on but it does not do this. each layer is individually precomped !

I also have a suggestion...
    i often have the reference edit at the base of my whole comp and then line up the plates above it.
    because conform studio recognises teh comp you have open and composes all layers with in it - the ref edit get precomped aswell and recieves anumber. this means i have to cut the ref edit out , then run cs conform then repaste the ref edit in.
    I think that cs conform should recognise and run only on layers selected within the comp.

thanks
    jono
  • Hi,

Any chance to look at your composition (without the media)? So far the overlapping worked well in the testing and for our projects, so without seeing the layers it's hard for me to tell what is wrong. Please open a support ticket to send it.

I was toying with the idea of only working on selected layers, but in the end I decided against it. 

What I could implement at some point is that if you mark a layer as a guide layer/template, then the script will ignore it, perhaps giving you additional options for resizing/blending the layer. Or a button to select a layer to be the reference layer. Or the assumption that the layer spanning the whole comp duration is the reference.

• hi

thanks for response. yes i definitely think an option should be implemented to stop the ref layer being composed.

I have fixed and moved on from the comp which gave me the errors.
    if the problems happens again i will send you that scene.

thanks

• A new version is up with the ability to skip the Guide Layers from the conform and with fixed overlapping layers bug.
  • There are a couple of issues with the CS Extract module that would be wonderful to get addressed. 
    1. At this point trimming and collecting can't happen in the same step. The non-footage files associated with the comp are ignored and require a separate collect in order to finish the job
    2. It would be outstanding if it wasn't a requirement to save each comp as it's own project. Right now our main use of the tool (5 licenses currently) is to trim footage as part of the collect process after we have finished a project. If we could keep the project together but simply trim the associated footage and collect it would be fantastic.
    3. It just hangs on certain comps. No errors and no explanation of what the issue is. It just stops with a comp set up in the render queue.
  • Hi Jason,

Great to hear you find the scripts that useful.

Regarding points 1 and 2, this is something I was expecting, when I decided to limit the extract to a single comp and video files. Unfortunately, a fully-fledged trim & archive solution is a bit more complicated, and will out of necessity be a separate script, not part of Conform Studio. Especially replicating AE's collect functionality is not always possible, as there are limits regarding layered psd files. 

If you are interested in such an archive solution, drop me a line, and we'll talk.

Regarding point 3, I will be happy to troubleshoot it, if you are able to send me the problematic comps and possibly media. Please contact me privately as well, I know these can be sensitive issues.

My email is at the end of the user guide.
  • The problem comps in the current project are mxf raw 4096x2160 clips that are quite large (50 gig and 20 gig.) I'm converting one of the clips currently to QT 444 and will see if that helps and give you an update.

As for the collect script how would you like to be contacted because there is definitely a need here?
  • The problem comps in the current project are mxf raw 4096x2160 clips that are quite large (50 gig and 20 gig.) I'm converting one of the clips currently to QT 444 and will see if that helps and give you an update.

As for the collect script how would you like to be contacted because there is definitely a need here?
    Please open a support ticket although please don't try to upload 50gig as it won't work.  Just send the problematic comps first and if we still need the media we will let you know.
  • Hello,

I love your scripts! I am currently having an issue with Conform Studios on a fresh install of AE CC 2014 on a laptop. The main script is offset in it's window. It's almost like the window is too small and off set for the content. For what it's worth, I have a script I've written that does the same thing...all on my laptop...not on my desktop installation. I'm wondering if you've encountered this before?
  • Hi Michael. Please open a support ticket and send us a screenshot. Also, what happens if you try to resize the window?
  • Hi, I am loving Conform Studio, it has literally saved me hours of work. It does alot of what nuke studio can do with a conform. The one thing I think would be a great feature (something I would use on everyjob), is the ability to create a folder structure per shot. Not in the AE folder structure, but an actual folder structure I have defined for a shot on a job.  This would allow users to use this tool as a conform and job creation tool. 

Does that make sense? 

Thank you
  • Hi Daniel,

Of course it makes sense. I recommend you take a look at the option of running scripts for a project or a composition in CS Conform. You should have a few sample scripts included with the package that help you do precisely that - feel free to customize them to you liking. 
  • Hi there
    I just purchased Conform Studio, but it doesn't seem to have been updated for AE 2022 (no comps are created, the buttons do not function) : will an update follow soon ? 
    I would dearly like to use your script :)

Thanks very much. 

Kind regards,

Sophie @theMill

• Hi Sopie,

Please open a support ticket and send me the project there that you want to use it on. No media, just aep file.
  • Hello,

Is this tool able to pre-compose shape layers alone, or just video footage?

Thanks!
  • Hi Jeff,

Why don't you download a trial version and see if that meets your needs? It should precompose all layers that overlap.

If it doesn't work for you, you can shoot me an email and describe your workflow and your needs. I can't guarantee anything, but there's a chance I might add features that you need.