Render Templates
  • I love the idea of this - but I think it would be more helpful if you could assign different combinations of renders setting/output modules to the different output folders so that you didn't have to change things whenever you wanted to switch output types.

For example lets say I have 3 different folders I like to use:
    Rough folder - has output module set to quicktime and render settings set to half size with no motion blur
    Better folder - has output module set to quicktime and render setting set to full size with no motion blur
    Best folder - has output module set to TIFF with alpha and full size with motion blur

This way I could just click on the destination/type I wanted.
  • Hey Chris, interesting, thanks.
    I intentionally didn't give any options for the settings to keep the principal simple to suit people for the most part. I think there could be room say for a draft 'R' for render button beside the render buttons. Perhaps that render could do half res without MB etc, that would be a neat way to do it, without sticking every option that is in the render queue into the script...
  • Hey Alan, 

Very nice script - thanks for making.  I sent you a personal email about a possible bug with "Project Template Folder" and the number of directories the project is sitting under.  Hope all is well.
  • Enjoying using this app and wondering why Adobe didn't build After Effects like this in the first place.   A really common task simplified with noticeable time savings, along with a helpful and communicative author.  Thanks Alan!
  • p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 15.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 15.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 14.0px} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

Hello, I'm having this error message while trying to loead the AE render template script:

Could not create icons folder: /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Aescripts/RenderTemplates. 

I checked the permissions for these folders and they are read and write...

Everyhting used to work fine... don't know what happened.

• p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 15.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 15.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 14.0px} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

Hello, I'm having this error message while trying to loead the AE render template script:

Could not create icons folder: /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Aescripts/RenderTemplates. 

I checked the permissions for these folders and they are read and write...

Everyhting used to work fine... don't know what happened.

Hey Jules, sorry about the delay... would you mind raising a support ticket...  Its not clear - is it the first message or only the second error message that is flagging? We can sort it out once ticket is created.  Thank you.