Leem's Animation Tools 2
  • Hi, I purchased v1 of this script a while back. Are you saying that upgrades aren't free to v2? If so, why?
  • Hi Bill, thanks for purchasing v1 - I hope you're enjoying it. 

Version 2 isn't a free upgrade because it took a lot of work to implement the new features, and is more than just small improvements on v1. I am, however, offering a 25% discount for owners of v1 who would like v2.  The discount is automatically applied when you login to the same account that you purchased v1 with.

Cheers,
    Liam
  • Hi Liam, we have bought both your versions, and we really love your tools. I have one questions about updating "sprite libraries". If you start out with 10 sprites, make it into a layer based swapper and you´re good to go. What if you would like to later add another 10 sprites to this "collection"? How could you do that without not doing the "make layer based swapper" all over again?

Cheers, 
    Tor Martin Norvik
  • Hi Liam :)
    It is possible to make the "sprite swapper library" self contained? I.e. you have one character set up with swappable sprites, but I would like to use this character in different comps. If I now select some sprites in the "sprite swapper library", it updates my character in all my comps. 
    Could I have a "unique sprite swapper library" for every comp my character is in?

And flexible way of doing this?

Regards, 
    Tor M

• Hi Tor, thanks and I'm glad to hear you like the tools :)

Regarding adding sprites to an existing swapper, you can do one of 2 things:

1. Put your new sprites in with the existing ones (at the bottom of the layer stack), and copy the "opacity" expression from the existing sprites onto the new ones. They will be automatically added to the library after doing this, and any existing swapping animation you had will still be retained.

2. Put your new sprites in with the existing ones (at the bottom of the layer stack), and run "create layer swapper" again but this time using the "custom" button to choose the original swapper you made. This essentially re-links all the sprites (including your new ones) to the original swapper and retains all animation.

Unfortunately neither solution is ideal, but I'll try to implement a simpler solution in the future :)

Regarding your second question, there's not way to do what you want without duplicating the entire character hierarchy with a unique name. So you essentially have 2 of the same, but they operate independently. Look into a script similar to True Comp Duplicator by Brennan Chapman, which I believe can make a duplicate as well as update expressions, which should achieve what you want. I haven't tested this, but its the quickest way that I can think of.

Hope that helps :)

Cheers,
    Liam
  • Hi Liam, 

Thanks for your answers. I found that the easiest solution was to create separate ae projects per shot. By using "True comp duplicator" it manage to duplicate with expressions, but the sprite swapper library shows all the libraries at all the time. I tried to replace "SSCTRL" with some unique name when comp duplicating it, but it did not work. 

Thanks again!

Cheers, 
    Tor M
  • Hi Liam. Bought your script, very usefull. Can v2 be combined with ik solutions like DUIK or any other script?

Thanks
    Philip

Yes i can, and thats great.
  • Hi Philip, thanks for using LAT :) I see you've already discovered that you can use it in conjunction with IK tools, so that's good. That's the main reason I haven't included IK directly into LAT - tools like DUIK and PuppetTools are already very good at it.

Cheers,
    Liam
  • Hi There Liam..Got a question.. iam for now in germany using cc latest release on windows 8.1 and trying just right now your Plug in Love it!! on swapper i am experiencing language issues.. i have not tryed all sections out and would love to know if you have added a language support so different language using hardwares can find the needed effect in my case it is the slidercontrol  which is called in german something else as schiebereregler :) doyou have any ideas how to get around this issue so i can use it also other team members are all over europe as spain,bullgaria and soever i do not know how to get it running correctly as non of us will be able to change thier after effects language..i would appreciate if you could find time and check the issue out.. also i ve other plug ins out of here and haven't experienced the same issue.. thanks and kind regards, PP
  • another quick question..as i can imagine how hard it is to keep up with a huge adobe budgeted team i wanted to know if you have planned any following updates and if so can we upgrade  or do we have  to buy the new version? thnks on this matter..
  • Hi Liam.. we ve got solved so far the language issue as iwanna to have theplug in so i ve cahnged my language with replacing my atm language to en-US.txt from german language so i can use Your plug in and just added to my Cart so i can use it perfectly. cheers and Thanks, 
  • Hi there Berkan,

Sorry for the delayed reply, but it's good to hear you found a work around for the language problem. At the moment I am unable to look into a "proper" solution, but hope to add one in the future. Any updates to the current set of scripts (Version 2) to improve performance or add small features will be free. If there are any big functionality changes that take a lot of time from my end, there may be an upgrade fee, however there are currently no plans for such a large update.

Cheers, I hope you enjoy it and thanks for using it! :)
    Liam
  • Hi Liam, still enjoying your script. I was wondering if and how i could add another extra sprite to an animation where the slider has already beem generated. In this case i have an animated hand and decided i would need another pose to use in the animation. Can i update the slider?

Thanks
    Philip
  • Hi Philip, absolutely you can. The simplest way is to add your new sprite at the bottom of your existing ones, then copy the expression from the opacity property of any of the existing sprites to your new sprite. It won't affect any pre-existing animation as long as it's added at the bottom of your original sprites. Next time you open the library the new sprite will be listed. Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Liam
  • Good times, it works just like that !! Here come more hand gestures. Thanx Liam.

Philip  <-- happy
  • Liam, Love the tool, thank you very much.

I was wondering if there is a way to clear out the keyframes the swapper has generated. I duplicated an entire project and need to start over on some things like hand poistions.

Thanks,
    Rich
  • Hi Liam,

I love the tool, are you working on a CC 2015 version? I tried the 2.3 version in CC 2015 and it crashes (of course the compatibility states not CC 2015). 
  • Hi Richard - At the moment there is no automated way to delete the keyframes, but I'll try to add it in as a feature for the CC2015 update. Cheers.

------

Hi Marco - I will be updating to make it compatible with 2015 in the coming days. Can I ask what you did to make it crash? It will help with the update. Cheers. 
  • Hello Liam,

I open a new comp in AE and try to open Leems animation tools (from windows tab in AE) and then AE quits on me. When i do the same within AE CC 2014 it works fine. I am working on the new iMac 5K, with 32 Gb Ram and AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB. Yosemite 10.10.3
  • Hi Liam.

Really hoping to use the Strobe tool, but whenever I attempt to hit "Create" it tells me "The range controller specified does not exist" and "the interval controller specified does not exist." I attempted to create a range controller slider manually, and selected it, but it still tells me the interval controller specified does not exist. I have tried selecting "auto," i've tried selecting different ranges, I've tried customizing both, and choosing different properties. Nothing seems to stop these alerts.

I also tried using the Step Key tool as an alternative solution, but it does not appear to make any changes in my composition.

Any ideas?
  • Hi Abraham - really sorry you're having this problem!

Can you let me know what version of AE you are running and which operating system?

- Have you tried creating the interval controller manually as well and selecting it (Like you did with the range controller)? Does it work in this case? 

- If you choose "Define later" does it still fail?

- Does the script create the controllers at all, but just fail to "link" to them? If so, check you don't have a conflicting layer name where the script could be looking in the wrong place for the controllers.

Feel free to contact me on [email protected] and let me know how you go (I will be able to respond quicker this way).

Cheers
  • I've had your tools for awhile but just now getting around to trying them out.  I'm having a problem though and sure it must be some simple prep issue or such.

Att1: Screen shot of single layer PSD with Puppet Pins applied.

Att2 After applying Leems to all pins

Moving the resulting nulls has no effect on the puppet either.

What did I miss?

LeemsProbBefore.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 257K
    LeemsProbAfter.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 316K
  • Hi Mark,

Unfortunately at the moment the script does not support renaming of the puppet pins, which is why it is not working properly for you (I didn't realise users did this - sorry!). If your pins were left with the default names the script will work. I will be updating the script very soon to fix up a few other bugs, so I will add this capability in.

Cheers!
    Liam
  • Hi Mark,

I have just updated the script to v2.5 to address the problem you are encountering. The nulls will now be named directly after the pins and should allow you to continue working.

Let me know if you run into any more issues after you've updated the script.

Cheers
  • Ah.  Well,

A) Didn't know that I shouldn't rename pins before applying your tools.  How could anyone possibly work with the default pin naming?

B) Your update works swimmingly now w/o the surprise when the pins to parent gets applied.

Thanks a heap.

M.
  • Glad to hear it Mark.

As for the pin names, my workflow always uses nulls to control pins, so rather than naming the pins I just apply my script and rename the nulls appropriately. That's just my way of working :)

Cheers
  • Is This script still supported by the current version of AE? As I see the last comment was in 2015. Also does it do IK?
  • I am having issues when applied to shape layers. Does this script support it?
    Instead of creating on top of the PPins the nulls created are placed far from the comp window.
    I am running in AE CC2014 on a PC
    Tks
  • I am having issues when applied to shape layers. Does this script support it?
    Instead of creating on top of the PPins the nulls created are placed far from the comp window.
    I am running in AE CC2014 on a PC
    Tks
    Okay, I created a Pre Comp and all is set. I guess I have always to turnaround this way.
  • Is This script still supported by the current version of AE? As I see the last comment was in 2015. Also does it do IK?

Yes it does work with the latest, I will double check the correct compatibility is listed on the tool's page.

It doesn't do IK as there are other tools that currently handle this.

Cheers