Layer Selector Toolbar
  • I was thinking about something like this... and then you released it. How convenient. In my opinion it's "missing" a button as it would be super super useful to have a button that would select layers with masks. A button that would work like the button #1 (select layers active current time) with the addition of masks. It probably would be useful to be able to select all layers with masks and active layers with masks. In a way it would be super super useful to have an option on every layer type to select only active layers. It could be an checkbox/CNTRL click or some other easy way to choose if you want to select active layers or all the layers. If your working on a long composition with a lot of layers, it would be beyond super to be able to select for an example active text layers at any given frame.

Thanks for a great script!
  • This sounds wonderfully useful for working with animation rigs, where selecting anything on the composition screen becomes a chore. It only missing one little feature: locking the selected layers (or the inverse of the selected layers). When done rigging, I'm usually animating with Nulls and want to do it straight on the composition screen. It would be such a time saver to Inverse Lock everything that is not a null thus allowing me to concentrate my focus on the composition screen. If I need to adjust something else (lights, adjustment layers, expressions on layers) I could then inverse lock the appropriate set allowing for a quick shift in focus without having to divide my attention between windows (selecting the layers and then locking them). Would you please consider adding this as a modifier to the selection?
  • I was thinking about something like this... and then you released it. How convenient. In my opinion it's "missing" a button as it would be super super useful to have a button that would select layers with masks. A button that would work like the button #1 (select layers active current time) with the addition of masks. It probably would be useful to be able to select all layers with masks and active layers with masks. In a way it would be super super useful to have an option on every layer type to select only active layers. It could be an checkbox/CNTRL click or some other easy way to choose if you want to select active layers or all the layers. If your working on a long composition with a lot of layers, it would be beyond super to be able to select for an example active text layers at any given frame.

Thanks for a great script!
    This is a great suggestion. Ctrl+click to select each button's active-at-time layers seems like a useful addition for V.2. :-)

As to masks, would you want to select the masks themselves, or just the layers that have them?
  • It would be such a time saver to Inverse Lock everything that is not a null thus allowing me to concentrate my focus on the composition screen.
    Interesting... I'm not actually sure it's possible to mass-select locked layers via script since it's not possible to do it by clicking, but I can test that. It would definitely be handy!
  • Could a possible workaround be for the script to unlock all, then reselect the appropriate layers and then lock those?

Interesting... I'm not actually sure it's possible to mass-select locked layers via script since it's not possible to do it by clicking, but I can test that. It would definitely be handy!

• Could a possible workaround be for the script to unlock all, then reselect the appropriate layers and then lock those?

I'm testing a mass-unlock button that will unlock + select all locked layers, but have gotten some very strange and unexpected results in tweaking the code (e.g. setting all locked to unlocked selects them instead of unlocking them, but when clicked they behave as if not selected). It will need a lot more testing across AE versions, and it may not be possible to ensure consistent behavior. So no guarantees at this point. :-)
  • I bought this script when it was released. I thought it was useful. But in reality the first time I actually tried to use it was last week when I was working on a project with a lot of 3D & lights. Picking up light layers started to frustrate me and then I remembered LayerSelectorToolbar... Unfortunately for some reason you cant choose lights with it? Why?
  • I bought this script when it was released. I thought it was useful. But in reality the first time I actually tried to use it was last week when I was working on a project with a lot of 3D & lights. Picking up light layers started to frustrate me and then I remembered LayerSelectorToolbar... Unfortunately for some reason you cant choose lights with it? Why?
    You can now! :) Download the newest version -- I've added a button to select lights.
    You can now! :) Download the newest version -- I've added a button to select lights.
    Thanks Victoria! Your super!
  • This script instantly became one of my most used tools!  Can I request the ability to resize the images though?  I'm using a retina display and would like to make the buttons a little easier to click... I tried overwriting the images in the support folder but the buttons stay tiny ;)  Many thanks!
  • Am I missing something? Is there a button for selecting Solids?

• LOVE THIS SO MUCH
  • Hello!
     Does this work with AE 2020, There is no trial available to test it.
  • Does this tool have the ability to select layers which have their "Parent & Link" set to "None"?
    If not, does anyone know a tool which is able to do such a thing? 
    Thanks!