P9 scriptUI builder
  • ctl+Left Mouse doesn't seem to allow me to move buttons in the trial.  If I change to ctl+Middle I can move things, but not anythingl+Left.  (the other alt and shift options don't seem to work with left mouse button either) this is with AE CC 2014.2 on Win 7 with P9UI in ScriptUI.

While trying to make the project window larger I started to type into the width box and the first character I typed caused the list of items on the right side to vanish completely, had to close P9UI and reopen it to restore it.

Ok I think I figured out that.  I started typing in the middle of the default 500 width.  Which set the width to 5000, which instantly moved the panel on the right off the screen with no practical way to get it back, or to continue editing the project width.  Perhaps you should prevent user's from modifing the width to larger than the entire P9UI panel.  Or not change instantly while I'm typing before I'm done.

• ctl+Left Mouse doesn't seem to allow me to move buttons in the trial.  If I change to ctl+Middle I can move things, but not anythingl+Left.  (the other alt and shift options don't seem to work with left mouse button either) this is with AE CC 2014.2 on Win 7 with P9UI in ScriptUI.

While trying to make the project window larger I started to type into the width box and the first character I typed caused the list of items on the right side to vanish completely, had to close P9UI and reopen it to restore it.

Ok I think I figured out that.  I started typing in the middle of the default 500 width.  Which set the width to 5000, which instantly moved the panel on the right off the screen with no practical way to get it back, or to continue editing the project width.  Perhaps you should prevent user's from modifing the width to larger than the entire P9UI panel.  Or not change instantly while I'm typing before I'm done.

If you use the right, you can click on the blank space instead of the button itself. For window users, you can use this method of operation .built-in method of operation is to facilitate the mac users (some have no middle mouse button)
  • I really wish I could multi-select items and then align them/resize them in bulk.  Something to help with lining up controls would be very useful.  A test mode would also be handy.  Still this is a nice tool versus having to create something by hand.
  • I really wish I could multi-select items and then align them/resize them in bulk.  Something to help with lining up controls would be very useful.  A test mode would also be handy.  Still this is a nice tool versus having to create something by hand.
    That's a good suggestion but in the meantime you can create one element at the size you want and then alt-drag to copy it.
  • looks pretty awesome. Are you planning on adding support for tabbed panels?
  • looks pretty awesome. Are you planning on adding support for tabbed panels?
    Thank you, tabbed panels seems to have some display bugs, so I canceled it.
  • This looks great, can this be used to create UI interfaces for Photoshop tools?
  • This looks great, can this be used to create UI interfaces for Photoshop tools?
    Basic button is generic and may have some function is not supported in Photoshop.
    Actually I would say it does as PS uses the same ScriptUI framework. Give it a try!
  • This is a minor thing, but using the arrow keys to move items doesn't work well on Windows 7 with AE CC 2014.1.1

Pressing the arrow moves the selected interface item, but then focus immediately changes to the project window, and you have to click back in the p9 window for arrow keys to work again.
  • After putting the script in the Panels folder of Photoshop CS6, after restarting, it does not become available as an extension. (OS X Mavericks.) Trying to run the script from within Photoshop leads to Error 24 "app.preferences.getPrefAsLong is not a function. Line: 5381". This would be a great tool for Photoshop script writers, so I hope you give it some focus.
  • You need to run it in After Effects (you can check the compatibility of all our products under the COMPATIBILITY tab on every product page), however the code it generates can definitely be used to create a UI for a photoshop script.
  • Multiselect not working? here is maby a fix: 

---------------------------------https://forums.adobe.com/message/1102622#1102622
    Rory, 

The third argument to create a list box is an optional array of strings that it uses to create items. 

To make it work you need to have undefined as the third argument (or pass it an array of strings): 

d.folderPath = folderPathGroup.add( "listbox", undefined, undefined, {multiselect:true} ); 
    d.folderPath.preferredSize = [400,100]; 

Bob 
    Adobe WAS Scripting
  • Edit: Nvm... answered my own question :-) Looks like an awesome script though. Thanks!!!
  • Hi, windows 8.1 cc2015, shortcuts. like ctrl position drag etc are not working.
    //edit nevermind..change to right button and that way it works
  • This has been very buggy for me, is there an update planned soon? It's been two years since the initial release. I just need to know if I should code my own or keep using yours. Thanks.
  • Hi, is this script still being curated? 
  • Is it the same code for a dockable Script window? As far I understand the way to do a GUI for a dockable UI (scripts UI folder) is different.

Thank you and great job
  • hi, Is this plugin works fine in cc 2017 ??  thanks
  • hmmm. no updates since initial release....