qp_ChromaSubsample
  • Hi,

Any change this plugin will be updated for CS6?

Thanks,
    Willem
  • Oh man, please update this to a PBK or a plugin for CS6. You're killing me man!
  • When is CS6/CC compatibility coming out?
  • Hi guys.

Sorry that there's still no CS6/CC version of qp Chroma Subsample yet. I'm planning on converting it to a native plugin as soon as my next script is complete.

Christian
  • Hi Christian, does this plugin create an optical distortion as well as chromatic aberation.. ie. the red and blue chroma warp you would get from Sapphire Chroma Warp plugin for instance? Thanks!
  • Hi Christian, does this plugin create an optical distortion as well as chromatic aberation.. ie. the red and blue chroma warp you would get from Sapphire Chroma Warp plugin for instance? Thanks!
    Hi Matt,

This plugin simulates what happens when video undergoes chroma compression (e.g. 4:2:2, or 4:1:1); it's designed to make perfect CG elements fit into the not-so-perfect video plates they're being composited into. It's not to be confused with chromatic aberration, which is an optical distortion effect created by a lens. Chroma subsampling happens at the point of recording.
  • Any chacne for CC compatibility? 
  • Any chacne for CC compatibility? 
    Hi Jason,

Yes - as soon as qp Grade Assistant 2 is complete (very soon!) I will begin work on qp Chroma Subsample, making it a native plugin that will work with AE CC and CS6.
  • When is CC/2014 compatibility coming? The last comment was 10 months ago.
  • Hi. I'm sorry this hasn't happened yet, and for the lack of communication. It's taken rather longer than I'd like to figure out how to convert the process over to a native C++ plugin. I've also been busy with my day job and some other development projects. I can't promise anything within the immediate future, however I'm looking into ways to get a compatible version to you guys soon.
  • Just wanted to say I'd still love for this to be turned into a native plugin! 
  • Thanks for the support Kert. I wish I had some positive news about this; developing a native plugin is quite time-intensive - in this case it's not something I can just port from Pixel Bender to C++. I've been wondering if it's still something people will find useful. Obviously there are a few of you who use it, or would like to!
  • Just bumping this again since there's still nothing else out there like this old Pixel Bender Plugin. Would love to see it updated at some point <3
  • Just wanted to add my yearly bump that i'd love to see this as a native plugin :D Thanks!