Load Project or Template at Startup
  • Great script! One question though... Is it possible to have the template also load when we do File>New Project. thanks!

• Lloyd great script thanks for sharing!! one question! is there a way to make this script a button that imports the template? because this way disable the ctrl+alt+shift+P shortcut that i use a lot... and also i receive lots of messy projects with no structure or order that i have to work with...
    Tanks again!
  • I thought in previous versions it loaded the template automatically when I created a new project. It doesnt do so anymore.. very annoying. is there a workaround?
  • This is such a great idea, but it causes error messages on my team's computers. It prevents AE from loading workspaces when it's installed in the Startup folder, and there's really no need for it if it's not in the startup folder. And it causes errors when not in the startup folder as well. 

First screenshot is of the error on when this is installed in startup. Second screenshot is the error when it's installed in scripts.

Is there a solution to this? I would love to be able to use this script and pay for it if this can be fixed. 

Using CC 2015.
    Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 10.11.28 AM.png
    315 x 131 - 14K
    Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 9.40.46 AM.png
    596 x 175 - 29K
  • This is such a great idea, but it causes error messages on my team's computers. It prevents AE from loading workspaces when it's installed in the Startup folder, and there's really no need for it if it's not in the startup folder. And it causes errors when not in the startup folder as well. 

First screenshot is of the error on when this is installed in startup. Second screenshot is the error when it's installed in scripts.

Is there a solution to this? I would love to be able to use this script and pay for it if this can be fixed. 

Using CC 2015.
    Sounds like you either have a corrupt template project or there is something wrong with your AE installation.
  • Lloyd great script thanks for sharing!! one question! is there a way to make this script a button that imports the template? because this way disable the ctrl+alt+shift+P shortcut that i use a lot... and also i receive lots of messy projects with no structure or order that i have to work with...
    Tanks again!
    Install it in the scripts menu and use Quick Menu to launch it.
  • Great script! One question though... Is it possible to have the template also load when we do File>New Project. thanks!

No, but you should feature request this from Adobe here: http://adobe.com/go/wish