• I love it, thanks a lot
  • Hey,

i just run in to a little problem - i hope you can help!
    I use the script together with Element 3D and the Maltaaaaanon´s Camera Rig.
    Everything works fine!!!!

Element need to be render with OpenGL and thats a little problem.
    The edge were the Spere meets again is burry and visible.

Can you please tell me a way how to rotate the Skydome 180°?!
    That should fix it.

I tryed but, my "programming skilles" ar reduced, i can only read code... or do little things --> but i am able to do something.

Thanks!

• Hi Ben!

still at learning all the (angle) options of the *pretty intuitive* cube scripting you delivered here;
    still seems to me that the pano image (projection) variations i'm trying to use do not give
    'that real 3D space feeling' i hoped i would be able to induce in my AE project…what pano
    projection type would you recommend to use (equirectangular? corrected('flat') cubic??) in
    order to make the *depth* impression of the pano 'stage'/bg work as impressive as possible?
    (even when zooming into the sphere, pano impression stays rather to me…)
    cheers, mate!

• You need to realize that Skydome is a workaround created for a time when After Effects had no means of doing anything like this. The CC Sphere effect that it uses is rendered using a fixed camera angle, and the different images that one would see through different lenses is dealt with by scaling and distorting the original sphere.

I've left Skydome on aescripts as a legacy thing. (You never know, it may still have some uses), but nowadays, if you want an environment in CS6 and above, you can either set a layer to be an Environment Layer in ray-traced comps. Or you can use the CC Environment effect. (IIRC it doesn't preview in fast-draft mode)

- Ben.
    Hi Ben!

still at learning all the (angle) options of the *pretty intuitive* cube scripting you delivered here;
    still seems to me that the pano image (projection) variations i'm trying to use do not give
    'that real 3D space feeling' i hoped i would be able to induce in my AE project…what pano
    projection type would you recommend to use (equirectangular? corrected('flat') cubic??) in
    order to make the *depth* impression of the pano 'stage'/bg work as impressive as possible?
    cheers, mate!

• Hi Ben!

cheers, mate!

Hi there,

Excuse the very late reply - I wasn't receiving notifications about this forum. 

Well it's probably too late, or you probably worked it out. You just alter the Rotation Y property on the CC Sphere effect. 

I have to say though that Skydome (or moreover the CC Sphere Effect) are not very happy in Open GL mode, and since Skydome is based on CC Sphere, then there's not a lot I can do about it. I was going to suggest that you use an Ae environment layer or a CC Environment effect these days, but neither of those work in Fast Draft / Open GL either.

Ben.