Compatibility After Effects Please check exact version compatibility under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab below
Add Your tagsClose
Easily animate offsets in space and time for multiple layers
There is now a version 2.3 of Layer Repeater. With this version comes an installed custom effect which greatly simplifies the interface. Also included is the ability to add randomness to any of the properties Layer Repeater controls. Play around and enjoy the new features.
Note: You need to have administrative access to run Version 2.3. There is also a chance version 2.3 may run slightly slower than version 1.4 due to the ability to have randomness on properties.
When you download, you will be given links for both version 2.3 and version 1.4 in case anyone needs or wants access to the older version.
- As of version 2.0 and later, a custom effect is used for control of the properties. This requires installing a new effect in the PresetEffects.xml file.
- The first time you run the script, you will need to:
- Have the After Effects preference "Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network" checked.
- Be an administrator
- If you are on Mac OSX, make sure the file PresetEffects.xml has read/write privledges. (Detailed instructions for this are included with the download)
- Run the script and it will give you an option to install.
- After the installation in complete, you must restart After Effects. (You do not need to be administrator any longer)
- Run the script again
- Select the layer you want to duplicate
- Choose how many layers you want to make a copy of
- Choose if you want the layers to have 3d properties or not
- Run the script:
- There will now be a composition in place of the layer you wanted duplicated
- There will also be a null added to your composition with controls to affect the duplicated layers
After running the script, you will be able to animate offset and random parameters of many layer properties. These include:
Animation through time with a frame offset
Included in the download are full descriptions of all the properties that Layer Repeater can control.
|After Effects||CC, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3|
2.3 Performance upgrade. Added an active checkbox for "Random" - December 2013
If you don't need random amounts, disable it and everything will perform faster
2.2 Wrapped entire script in a function so it won't interfere with other scripts - August 2013
2.1 Optimized expressions for speed (mainly opacity and scale, but everything slightly) - June 2013
2.0 - June 2013
- Added new controls based on custom pseudo effect
- Simplifies interface
- Requires writing to PresetEffects.xml
- Added controls for random addition to position, rotation, scale, and opacity
- Added control to change random seed
- Added controls to enable/disable each expression (Anchor Point, Position, Rotation, Scale, Opacity)
- Overall the expressions calculate slower now because of inclusion of random factors
- Please disable any controls you aren't using to speed things up (especially Opacity)
1.2 - International languages are now working (Version 1.1 had a bug)
1.1 - Added support for international languages
1.0 - Initial Release - August 2012