Super cool 360º music video created using SkyBox Studio. We suspect this might become a trend!
Please note that video must be viewed with VR goggles, or on iOS, Chrome or Android browsers to get 360 view.
This piece was created by Mettle who also happens to have created SkyBox!
- Master SkyBox Edit Comp, total number of layers = 797. Main reason, you need to consider at least 4 views at any given time and have things happening in each view.
- Pre-comps (6) each had another 80 layers or so (on the average)
- We used a beta of AE CC2015, the multi-threading work the AE team did did really paid off on a project of this complexity
- Most work was done on a 2011 Macs equipped with 48 GB of RAM, SSD’s and SSD/HD’s with NVIDIA K5000.
- We usually ran AE,PS , Illustrator and AME all at the same time and went back forth frequently.
- For workflow, I tend to keep a "SkyBox Viewer Comp" active all the time to check what things like in youtube 360 format
- Personally Prefer to work in theSkyBox Edit comp with a 4 port view… 3 views on the left and one main view in the centre. I go back and forth between Active Camera view and Custom View 1
If you would like to submit a piece for inclusion in our INSPIRATION category please submit it to us here.