• When setting the pixel size, it does not adjust correctly. 0.5 pixels apart is actually larger of a gap than 5 pixels appart.

Also there is no feature to input a pixel space when doing coloums
  • Spacing works as expected for me here.  Can you give me more details?  There was an issue with Column mode that I just fixed, please download the new version if you are working in Column mode.
  • Hey Lloyd, Thanks for the response & the update.Column mode now gives a prompt on spacing.

I've realised the spacing was down to an issue with another script that worked with Auto-cropping comps - While comp "X" is auto-cropped, If Comp "Y" and Comp "Z" inside Comp "X" have different dimensions, those are taken into account when using Layers2Grid.

It's all resolved now. Thanks again for the assistance.
  • Hi Lloyd,

I am on CS5.5 and the script doesn't work for me. I create a solid, select it,
    go to scripts, fill in 2 for columns, 2 for rows and nothing happens.
    Your help is appreciated. Can you please send me some documentation?

Thanks

• Hi David,

You need to select more than one layer.  I just uploaded a video that shows how the script works. https://aescripts.com/layers2grid/
  • So I've been having an issue in Cs6 on a Mac. I have a few text layers and everytime when I run the script no matter what spacing I put into the script it sets them at like 1200 pixels apart and moves them above my comp. No matter what I adjust, it does the same thing every time. I've deleted the scripts from my folder and reinstalled, still encountering the same problem. 
  • So i've noticed it only works on text correctly if you pre comp the text and make the precomp the exact size of the text which makes this plug in useless if you're trying to do a lot of text at a time. I've tried it with shape layers as well and it's doing the same thing, it's like it's putting an invisible bounding box around the text the size of my comp so the spacing is huge. 
  • This is a limitation of how AE works with text and shape layers internally.  We will consider adding direct support for text in a future version but you can currently use it by pre-comping first.  
  • Hey Lloyd,
    hope you're still answering any questions two years later ;)

We tried to set keyframes to change the positions of the icons to arrange them in different ways in our timeline, but there is that error note popping up:

"Unable to execute script at line 55. After Effects error: Can not call setValue() on a property with keyframes. Use setValueAtTime() or setValueAtKey() instead."

We tried to replace everything as per description in your script, but again...an error note:

"Unable to execute script at line 54. After Effects error: Unable to call "setValueAtKey" because the call requires 2 parameters."

Do you know what to do to solve this problem?

Thanks,
    K.
  • Hey Lloyd,
    hope you're still answering any questions two years later ;)

We tried to set keyframes to change the positions of the icons to arrange them in different ways in our timeline, but there is that error note popping up:

"Unable to execute script at line 55. After Effects error: Can not call setValue() on a property with keyframes. Use setValueAtTime() or setValueAtKey() instead."

We tried to replace everything as per description in your script, but again...an error note:

"Unable to execute script at line 54. After Effects error: Unable to call "setValueAtKey" because the call requires 2 parameters."

Do you know what to do to solve this problem?

Thanks,
    K.
    That is because the script was not designed to work with keyframed properties. You need to run it before you add keyframes.
  • I'm using the Aescripts + Aeplugins mac app to keep my scripts up to date and your script here keeps saying it needs to be updated (as for some reason you have the Current version as: 1.2a even though a 1.3 exists. Is there some reason I should downgrade to the 1.2a or can you up date the current version to be the 1.3 so that the updater doesn't keep telling me that I should update it?

• J Y said:
    I'm using the Aescripts + Aeplugins mac app to keep my scripts up to date and your script here keeps saying it needs to be updated (as for some reason you have the Current version as: 1.2a even though a 1.3 exists. Is there some reason I should downgrade to the 1.2a or can you up date the current version to be the 1.3 so that the updater doesn't keep telling me that I should update it?

Layer2Grid is a "Name Your Own Price" product.  How to upgrade "Name Your Own Price" products 
  • I wish I could pay $9.9 but I'm Brazilian and 1 dolar is R$5,59 so $9.9 it almost R$ 50,00 and that's a lot of money for me. But you deserve a lot. Thanks to make this script with Name Your Own Price
  • Is there any way to do it automatically with 37 files I have?

a mosaic of 4 videos every 3 seconds and change ...

I want to make those videos preview of assets for motion graphics
  • Is there any way to do it automatically with 37 files I have?

a mosaic of 4 videos every 3 seconds and change ...

I want to make those videos preview of assets for motion graphics
    This tool just makes the grid, you can then animate it however you wish within After Effects