pt_FrameRestorer
  • Thank you Paul. Your script saved me an eight hour re-render of a failed 3D frame!
  • Hi,

Could you enable your script to hold the last existing frame when there is a gap in the image sequnce, that would be really useful.

e.g. a 3d sequence is rendered from 100-200 and 300-400.

Between 200 and 300 is a hold, so you don't want to waste time rendering frames 200-300 of the same image.

What you want is a script to use timewarp to repeat frame 200 until the next existing frame (300).

But to do this whenever there is a gap in the sequence... 

e.g. I'm currently rendering an animation with about 30 camera pauses in it, so I just rendering the parts where the camera is moving. So I render about 3000 frames out of the  sequence which is actually about 9000 frames long. When I import the sequence I need to patch up all those static frames.

I've seen quite a few people looking for this sort of script.

Here's hoping,

Adam.

• Hi Adam, That's a good idea. I will look at getting that into the next update. Thanks.
  • work on AE 2018? i have error
    After Effect error: internal verification failure, sorry! {invalid index in indexed group}
  • @LIM YEU JIAN Could you open a support ticket explaining what you were trying to do when you got this error. Also if running on Mac or Windows. There is an issue with the 'find missing frames' feature not working properly due to a bug in recent versions of After Effects, which I'm working on an update to address.
  • Any chance this script will be updated for CC compatibility?
  • Hi Eric, Yes I'm working on a big update. Hard to give an ETA though. As far as I know, the only thing that doesn't work is the 'Find Missing Frames' function due to a bug in recent versions of AE. If you don't mind installing AE CC 2014 alongside the latest version and using that for finding missing frames then that's also an option.
  • Hi Paul,

I'm getting the same bug in CC. If this script is able to fix my issue, I'd be willing to donate $$$. I am working on a doc and have several thousand drop frames in a DNG image sequence. Thank you in advanced. 
  • Hi Noah, if you open a support ticket I should be able to help you out. Paul
  • Hi. This should be in the description of the product. I just bought it and it does not work on AE 2022. 
    And I don't find an older version to install. on the CC software, the older is AE 18.0
    Can I get a refund or workaround? 
  • Hi. This should be in the description of the product. I just bought it and it does not work on AE 2022. 
    And I don't find an older version to install. on the CC software, the older is AE 18.0
    Can I get a refund or workaround? 
    ok, I do see now that it does say that under compatibility 
  • Hi Luis, please open a support ticket so we can help with this.