• I keep getting the cross in my renders after I have activated my license. any tips on how to fix that?
    (I am sure its me and not the plugin)
    Hi TJ

In future if you have any issues could you please submit a support ticket? This will help us address your issue sooner. 

Regardless, I suspect there may be a caching issue. Are you rendering via Adobe Media Encoder? If so, try restarting AME after the plugin is activated as it may still think the plugin is unregistered.

If you're rendering via After Effects, I'd try purging your cache to make sure it's not storing unregistered frames and rendering them. 

Let me know how you go.
  • Is there a way that I could precompose the effect matte with the continuosly rasterize box checked so the text isn't pixelated, and be able to move the composition with the layers that have the effect matte applied and the effect matte moves with the layers position?
  • Is there a way that I could precompose the effect matte with the continuosly rasterize box checked so the text isn't pixelated, and be able to move the composition with the layers that have the effect matte applied and the effect matte moves with the layers position?
    Hi Zack
    Currently there's no way to have the effect matte move with the layers position. That's been requested by a few people and I think this feature wouldn't be too difficult to implement, but things would get very messy as soon as scale and rotation are introduced. 
  • Hi! I really love your tool "Effect Matte". Now I've run into an issue where I have an illustrator file with a lot of layers, each with Effect Matte applied. Now I wanted to apply Inner Shadow to these layers and suddenly the object jumps to the top left. The more I increase the "Size" or "Distance" property, the further it slides to the top left of the screen. I tried this with multiple Layer Styles and it seems to be an issue throughout all of them. What can I do?
    Cheers,
    Valentin
  • Hi Guys, Is there an update for ae 2021. Once the app updated the plugin stopped working. Thanks.
  • Hi Guys, Is there an update for ae 2021. Once the app updated the plugin stopped working. Thanks.
    Hi Marie

Have just released an update. If you have any technical issues (including with the new update) please submit a ticket as that's the easiest platform for me to find a resolution. Thanks. 
  • Hi here,

Could you add an option in the next release that the mask automatically moves with the precomp position?

Just a simple checkbox :)

• Don Mir said:
    Hi here,

Could you add an option in the next release that the mask automatically moves with the precomp position?

Just a simple checkbox :)

Thanks for the suggestion Don. I think it would be handy.
  • That would be cool.

Last but not least I notice Effect Matte isn't compatible yet with Premiere if you haven't installed After Effects on the same computer.

Is this something that could be solved in the future? This is especially handy when working with Mogrt files.

• Don Mir said:
    That would be cool.

Last but not least I notice Effect Matte isn't compatible yet with Premiere if you haven't installed After Effects on the same computer.

Is this something that could be solved in the future? This is especially handy when working with Mogrt files.

Interesting, I didn't realise that was the case. EM does use quite a few AE only functions. Does it work correctly when AE is installed?
  • It does work correctly when having AE is installed.

Only the moment you want to make a Mogrt export you need to have After Effects installed.

--
    The following .. effect(s) are only supported via Dynamic Link:

Effect Matte

If you continue, the Motion Graphics template cannot be used unless After Effects is
    installed on the same computer.

Click OK to continue. Click Cancel to stop the export.
    --

• Don Mir said:
    It does work correctly when having AE is installed.

Only the moment you want to make a Mogrt export you need to have After Effects installed.

--
    The following .. effect(s) are only supported via Dynamic Link:

Effect Matte

If you continue, the Motion Graphics template cannot be used unless After Effects is
    installed on the same computer.

Click OK to continue. Click Cancel to stop the export.
    --

Thanks for that clarification Don. I've done some digging and the only way that could be solved in the future is to only use the Premiere compatible functions, which would limit the plugins capability so I don't think that we're likely to release a Pr version. 
  • Just purchased this plugin, it's very good. I'd love to see support for images too. Is this something that's coming in the next big release? :)
  • Just purchased this plugin, it's very good. I'd love to see support for images too. Is this something that's coming in the next big release? :)
    Hi Peter

Effect Matte does support images, though you'll need to make sure they are pre-comped so that you can enable the "continuous rasterisation" switch. Let me know if you have any issues. 
    Hi Peter

Effect Matte does support images, though you'll need to make sure they are pre-comped so that you can enable the "continuous rasterisation" switch. Let me know if you have any issues. 
    Hi James,

Thanks for your answer. Yes I know that but obviously I meant withouth needing to precompose. That would be a huge update IMO. Do you you think this is something that will be added in the future?
    Hi Peter

Hi James,

Thanks for your answer. Yes I know that but obviously I meant withouth needing to precompose. That would be a huge update IMO. Do you you think this is something that will be added in the future?
    Hi Peter
    I think it's possible. I'll do some digging to double check.
  • serious question: how is this different from adding a mask to the layer and using that as the matte for the effect?
  • serious question: how is this different from adding a mask to the layer and using that as the matte for the effect?
    Hi Gabriel

If the layer is continuously rasterised (text for example), the mask will move with the layer. If you're animating a reveal, you don't want this behaviour as the text should move independently from the matte. You can manually create a matte layer, but now you have two layers. So this is a workflow plugin to assist in these situations. In addition, the matte can be set to the exact layer size in the click of a button. If the layer size changes, it can be updated to the correct size with the click of a button. 
  • My only thought using it right now, is I wish there a way to animate the matte on a whole in addition to the TL/BL position controls.  I read through all the comments below and noticed no one else mentioned it, so I am guessing that perhaps this is not what this plugin was made for.

Phil
  • My only thought using it right now, is I wish there a way to animate the matte on a whole in addition to the TL/BL position controls.  I read through all the comments below and noticed no one else mentioned it, so I am guessing that perhaps this is not what this plugin was made for.

Phil
    Hi Phil
    Perhaps a global position controller in addition to the two point controls. Was that what you were thinking, and would that be helpful to you?

Phil
    Hi Phil
    Perhaps a global position controller in addition to the two point controls. Was that what you were thinking, and would that be helpful to you?
    Yes that is exactly what I was referring to.  I would find it useful, I was surprised that nobody had brought it up:)
  • I purchased it - but I was really disappointed when I found out that this only works if the text layer's position is fixed...
    If I animated the text layers position - or even parent it - the effect Breaks...
    So its pretty unusable for me...

• I purchased it - but I was really disappointed when I found out that this only works if the text layer's position is fixed...
    If I animated the text layers position - or even parent it - the effect Breaks...
    So its pretty unusable for me...

Hi Ariel

Parenting should not break the effect, however if you move the parent it will not move the matte. Is that what you are referring to? I'm sorry to hear it hasn't been useful to you. Please submit a support ticket for a refund. 
  • Hi. Will you be making an Apple Silicon compatible version? I use this plugin a lot, but can’t use it on the native version.
  • Hi. Will you be making an Apple Silicon compatible version? I use this plugin a lot, but can’t use it on the native version.
    Hi Andy

Yes the apple silicon version will be available very soon (within the next few days) :)
    Hi Andy

Yes the apple silicon version will be available very soon (within the next few days) :)
    Hooray! Thank you :)
  • Hello,

I'm not quite sure why, but my Effect Matte plugin resets every time I open AE. It says TRIAL version successfully registered when I insert my license key. I have updated the version via After Effects Script Manager, tried uninstalling and deactivating the license.
  • Hello,

I'm not quite sure why, but my Effect Matte plugin resets every time I open AE. It says TRIAL version successfully registered when I insert my license key. I have updated the version via After Effects Script Manager, tried uninstalling and deactivating the license.
    Hi Fabian

Apologies for this. My normal advice would be to use the aescripts manager app but you're already doing this. Are you registering from inside the app? I would try that if not. Also is your computer connected to the internet when you register?
  • Hey James, what happened to 'Set Matte+' is it still alive?
  • Hey James, what happened to 'Set Matte+' is it still alive?
    Hi Chris

We realised that the functionality for that plugin is already available in AE, it's just that both layers need to have collapse transforms so that their transforms are aligned in the composition. Therefore we decided to not move forward with production. 
  • Thank you for another great tool.  I applied Effect Matte .eps logo elements within a pre comp, each of which is animated using the built in transform properties of the effect (both the elements and the pre comp have continuous rasterization on).  The comp previews beautifully, but ONLY renders via the "Add to Render" option.  The animation will not render via "Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue" which is my preferred workflow.  Any ideas on why that might be?
  • Thank you for another great tool.  I applied Effect Matte .eps logo elements within a pre comp, each of which is animated using the built in transform properties of the effect (both the elements and the pre comp have continuous rasterization on).  The comp previews beautifully, but ONLY renders via the "Add to Render" option.  The animation will not render via "Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue" which is my preferred workflow.  Any ideas on why that might be?
    Hi Jonathan

Generally if this happens, a restart of AME will get things working. If you've done that and it's still not rendering, could you please open a support ticket so we can diagnose the cause?
  • Hello-

Can you use Effect Matte and still animate by word or character? It seems it only works as a fixed line of text.

Joey
  • Hello-

Can you use Effect Matte and still animate by word or character? It seems it only works as a fixed line of text.

Joey
    Hi Joey

Yes you can. Could you please show me an example of specifically what you're trying to achieve? The best way to get in touch is via support ticket as we check those daily. 
  • Hi there - I have been having repeated instances of Effect Matte crashing after effects...not really sure why, but it just does sometimes. However even more seriously at the moment, it crashes every time I try to render whether it be through directly through AE or it just gets hung up in Media Encoder