• Hello,
    I am using the Japanese version of AE CC2018. Even if I add it to "Watch Bins", the folder disappears from the list of "Watch Bins" as soon as the added folder is created, and the contents cannot be imported.
    The Japanese version of Premier Pro CC2019 worked without any problem.

※Use Google Translate
    Thanks, someone else has brought this up. I'm currently working on a fix for this. Stay tuned.
    Kento, the Japanese AE compatible version of Pro IO has been posted today.
  • Hello,
    I am using the Japanese version of AE CC2018. Even if I add it to "Watch Bins", the folder disappears from the list of "Watch Bins" as soon as the added folder is created, and the contents cannot be imported.
    The Japanese version of Premier Pro CC2019 worked without any problem.

※Use Google Translate
    Same.
    Ukyo, the Japanese AE compatible version of Pro IO has been posted today.
  • I love Pro IO! However, it always imports 2 identical copies of the new files into AE. It's weird. I've only just started using it so may have pressed the wrong thing. Any ideas? Dominic
  • I love Pro IO! However, it always imports 2 identical copies of the new files into AE. It's weird. I've only just started using it so may have pressed the wrong thing. Any ideas? Dominic
    Hi Dominic, thanks for reaching out, there could be a few things causing that. Open up a support ticket and I'd be happy to help you work that out!
    Thanks, Justin
  • Want to echo the same issues as stated below to keep the fix a priority.
    Way too often when I import assets like video/image files into AE with this plugin, it imports about 4-5 sometimes even more instances of the same file. Say you have 10 files, well now you have 40 to scroll through with all the duplicates. PLEASE RELEASE A FIX ASAP THANKS JUSTIN!!!
  • Alexander's issue was caused by using a syncing service like DropBox / Google Drive / Box without ensuring the folders were set to "Keep Offline". Make sure "Keep Offline" is set for your folders before syncing to avoid this.
  • Justin, I'm trying the demo and this software is such a great piece of work. Here's my only problem: when I move an item out of the watchbin, and then sync, it gets re-added to my project. Is there any way to prevent this?

My workflow uses an automation to move footage into a dated sub-folder and then when I import it, I sort it into other bins in Premiere, but as I'm trying that now, once I've sorted everything and re-sync, it adds all those files back into premiere and creates duplicates.

Thanks!
  • Justin, I'm trying the demo and this software is such a great piece of work. Here's my only problem: when I move an item out of the watchbin, and then sync, it gets re-added to my project. Is there any way to prevent this?

My workflow uses an automation to move footage into a dated sub-folder and then when I import it, I sort it into other bins in Premiere, but as I'm trying that now, once I've sorted everything and re-sync, it adds all those files back into premiere and creates duplicates.

Thanks!
    Hi Brian,

Good question. So yes, that behavior is expected as Pro IO only looks for footage inside the current Watch Bin before filtering out which new clips should be imported. The benefit of this is so your project folder structure now stays synced with your file system folder structure.

Another reason for this is speed, since scanning all the footage in the project would take some time. Regardless, I'll make a note to notify you if a feature like this gets added in the future, however for now I'd recommend trying to keep files in their original folders as much as possible, or in the same parent Watch Bin with that parent Watch Bin mode set to flatten so it disregards the subfolder structure.

• Hi,

I updated zxp installer + proio right now,

Or should I say tried? The zxp installer says 'the extension cannot be installed at the moment please install a compatible CC applicatoin and try again'

I am running PPro 14.2.0 Build 47, after the failed attempt to install pro io , it;s gone completely now from Premiere Pro. Can you help Justin?

Thanks
    Jannick
  • Jay Pee said:
    Hi,

I updated zxp installer + proio right now,

Or should I say tried? The zxp installer says 'the extension cannot be installed at the moment please install a compatible CC applicatoin and try again'

I am running PPro 14.2.0 Build 47, after the failed attempt to install pro io , it;s gone completely now from Premiere Pro. Can you help Justin?

Thanks
    Jannick
    Hi Jannick,

I've reached out to the aescripts team and apparently there is a compatibility issue with the latest aescripts zxp installer and the latest Adobe apps. They're working on a solution and I've looped them in so they can keep you updated.

In the meantime, I'd recommend following the manual installation outlined in the readme. I've added it here for clarification:

-----------------------------------
    -----------------------------------
     Windows Manual Installation:
    - Rename "com.aescripts.proio.zxp" to "com.aescripts.proio.zip"
    - Right click and select "Extract All" to unzip the archive
    - Move the "com.aescripts.proio" folder into this directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions"
    - Restart Premiere Pro and After Effects to use Pro IO

Mac Manual Installation:
    - Rename "com.aescripts.proio.zxp" to "com.aescripts.proio.zip"
    - Double click to unzip the archive
    - Move the "com.aescripts.proio" folder into this directory: "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/"
    - Restart Premiere Pro and After Effects to use Pro IO
  • When activated my onedrive sync on my windows PC, pro IO starts to be buggy.
  • When activated my onedrive sync on my windows PC, pro IO starts to be buggy.
    If you're syncing folders with OneDrive or Google Drive, make sure the folder is set to "Available Offline", otherwise you might run into issues cause the files won't always be synced to your computer.
  • Does it supports letters like "ö,ü,ä" when choosing importing paths?
  • Does it supports letters like "ö,ü,ä" when choosing importing paths?
    Yes, Pro IO can handle those characters in path names. If you run into any issues, please open a support ticket and I'd be happy to assist.
  • Hi Justin,
    Can you create 2options in premiere pro?

1. There are 100 clips in bin and within an one click they will be appeared in multiple sequence.
    I mean "100 clips> 1click> 100 seqs.

2. Can you make a system, from 1 timeline there are 100 clips, they will export separately within one click.
    I mean, "100 clips in a seq>1 click> export 100 clips. Like exporting individual clips in DaVinci Resolve.

***1 click I mean there can be a few more clicks but not many.

Thanks in Advance.
  • My team and I have been evaluating the trial version, and so far we are very impressed! We're in the process of defining our internal workflow and were already thinking of having project folder structures match file folder structures, so this is nearly perfect for us, especially with the ability to make pre-defined template projects with relative pathing.

There's just one thing I'm missing (not that it will stop us from getting seats).
    Would it be possible to include version detection for imported footage, similar to Version Up?
    For example, a watch bin folder contains, say, 87 3D avatar renders to be placed over backgrounds. Their filenames all end in _v01, and are all used in at least one comp. Then, revisions occur and 55 of them get a new v02... delivered simultaneously. It would be real handy if we could set a watch bin to "use latest version" or something, where it replaces the old version instead of adding a new one and requiring manual usage replacement to update.

In the meantime, using Version Up alongside Pro IO seems to work OK, provided you version up BEFORE you try to sync. Then, when syncing, it will re-import the older version but the new one is linked to comps. If you do it in the other order, now you have two instances of v02, and a subsequent sync will still re-import a fresh v01.... and it gets messy real quick. Either way, it clutters up with all the old versions though.

In the meantime I will attempt to convince the team to start using master files in addition to versioned files, but a solution that doesn't require file duplication would be nice.

EDIT: Folder depth limits on subfolders would be nice too; a way to set a watch bin to descend X levels and THEN either ignore or flatten. So if the topmost bin is set to 3, then any subfolders found in it get set to 2, anything in THOSE gets set to 1, and anything on the next level down flattens or ignores. For instance we're proposing a main footage folder (3) containing a folder for each day of shooting (2), each of which has a folder for each camera (1) and each camera is broken into cards (0). So the date, camera, and card folders would appear in the project, but then each card with it's CONTENTS->CLIPS001->20 quadrillion variations of AA1234 all flatten out to just the actual .MXF files.
  • Hello Justin,

Is there a way to change the default location for the presets xml? I just installed the trial but I'm having trouble with it: When I first installed it, it said it couldn't find the presets xml or the directory in my Documents folder. Additionally, after clicking the Add Watchbin button, I get a new window with 3 tabs: watchbins, export presets, and settings but I don't get an option to browse for my bins for about 2 minutes, after I choose it takes like 30 seconds to add it. At first I thought it was freezing but I think it's lagging... nothing at all like the speed in your videos. In the end, I can't add anything else, and AE just hangs. I have to force shut it down. Looking at the comments below I wonder if it's related to my Documents folder being in my onedrive. Although, I do have everything available offline.

Any suggestions? I'm really interested but want to see it at work first :/

Thanks,

AR
  • Hi Justin,
    Can you create 2options in premiere pro?

1. There are 100 clips in bin and within an one click they will be appeared in multiple sequence.
    I mean "100 clips> 1click> 100 seqs.

2. Can you make a system, from 1 timeline there are 100 clips, they will export separately within one click.
    I mean, "100 clips in a seq>1 click> export 100 clips. Like exporting individual clips in DaVinci Resolve.

***1 click I mean there can be a few more clicks but not many.

Thanks in Advance.
    Hi Rokon,

Thanks for the suggestions, I've noted your feature requests.
  • Hello Justin,

Is there a way to change the default location for the presets xml? I just installed the trial but I'm having trouble with it: When I first installed it, it said it couldn't find the presets xml or the directory in my Documents folder. Additionally, after clicking the Add Watchbin button, I get a new window with 3 tabs: watchbins, export presets, and settings but I don't get an option to browse for my bins for about 2 minutes, after I choose it takes like 30 seconds to add it. At first I thought it was freezing but I think it's lagging... nothing at all like the speed in your videos. In the end, I can't add anything else, and AE just hangs. I have to force shut it down. Looking at the comments below I wonder if it's related to my Documents folder being in my onedrive. Although, I do have everything available offline.

Any suggestions? I'm really interested but want to see it at work first :/

Thanks,

AR
    Hi Ariel,

Yes, the issue comes up if you have a non-standard Documents folder like you mentioned. Please open a support ticket and I can help you resolve this, thanks!

https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1279
  • Hey Justin!
    I really love this script! it helped me boost my workflow.

I'm having problems right now.

Pro IO starts to get buggy when I synced my computer on OneDrive.
    Sometimes the export presets are missing and sometimes not.
    And also having problems with watch bins.

all of this happened after syncing my computer to OneDrive.
    Even if I uninstall OneDrive, the problem still persist.

please fix this. :)
    Thanks!
    Hi Rigel,

es, the issue comes up if you have a non-standard Documents folder like you mentioned. Please open a support ticket and I can help you resolve this, thanks!

• My team and I have been evaluating the trial version, and so far we are very impressed! We're in the process of defining our internal workflow and were already thinking of having project folder structures match file folder structures, so this is nearly perfect for us, especially with the ability to make pre-defined template projects with relative pathing.

[....]
    Hi Bryce,

Thanks for the suggestions and glad to hear Pro IO is working out so far. Pro IO works best if your editing / motion design workflow works off of versioned comps / sequences. If your workflow relies upon one master comp / sequence that needs to replace assets as you go along, a tool like Version Up is a great companion tool. I have thought about a feature like this before but it conflicted with the current innerworkings of Pro IO, but I'll add your suggestion to the list to revisit. I've noted that and your folder depth feature requests. Thanks!
  • Hey Justin,

Pro IO has been a new must have for my workflow. I can't even imagine importing image sequences again, or bothering to name an export from Ae.

I have noticed an issue in trying to use the export presets to created tokened subfolders in the render name.
    I'm exporting to AME, and the final name in my MP4 preset is " #MMDDYY\#COMP_v#VV ". Media Encoder seems to always fail. I've changed the direction of the slash, but is it possible to create a date folder in my export presets?

thanks!
  • Hey Justin,

Pro IO has been a new must have for my workflow. I can't even imagine importing image sequences again, or bothering to name an export from Ae.

I have noticed an issue in trying to use the export presets to created tokened subfolders in the render name.
    I'm exporting to AME, and the final name in my MP4 preset is " #MMDDYY\#COMP_v#VV ". Media Encoder seems to always fail. I've changed the direction of the slash, but is it possible to create a date folder in my export presets?

thanks!
    Hi Michael, 

Great to hear Pro IO has been helping your workflow! You can add a subfolder of the same name with the subfolder checkbox on export (best for image sequences). I have a feature request for custom subfolders so I'll definitely keep you updated on that.

Cheers,

Justin
  • Hi Justin,

Could this script be modified to import from Firebase storage buckets? 

Could it be set to run as a cron job say every 10 minutes and pull in clips automatcally?

Many Thanks
    Bryan
  • Hi Justin,

Could this script be modified to import from Firebase storage buckets? 

Could it be set to run as a cron job say every 10 minutes and pull in clips automatcally?

Many Thanks
    Bryan
    Hi Bryan,

I'd be happy to look into that for you, if you want to open a ticket and explain in more detail your current workflow we can take the conversation from there.

Thanks,
    Justin
  • First off love the idea of your product, been looking for something like this for awhile now. Great work.

I'm on AE 17.5.1 and I'm experiencing a bug with my watch folders. When I go to re-sync my bins any new content gets imported twice. 

Any suggestions with how to fix this? It's a bit annoying at the moment because I have to go and manually delete the second import. 

Thanks!!
  • First off love the idea of your product, been looking for something like this for awhile now. Great work.

I'm on AE 17.5.1 and I'm experiencing a bug with my watch folders. When I go to re-sync my bins any new content gets imported twice. 

Any suggestions with how to fix this? It's a bit annoying at the moment because I have to go and manually delete the second import. 

Thanks!!
    Hi Anthony,

Sometimes this can be caused by certain file or folder types or names. Please open a support ticket and provide me some more details on the files you're syncing and I'd be happy to resolve this for you:

• Hi,

Is it possible to import through ProIO "spanned clips" from AVCHD ? Right now when I import them I get lot of duplicate clips. I must then delete the duplicates one or import them manually with the media browser within Premiere Pro... But if I sync again my main bin (with all the rushes) they will appear again.

Thank you

Kilian
  • Is there any chance at all that you will update this to work with premiere productions? I currently cannot get it to work at all, before the 14.8 update of PP i was able to fiddle with it to at least get it to work for importing folders and syncing but could not access any settings, none. Now it doesnt seem to work at all inside of productions.

In normal PP projects it works fine but that's no longer a feasible workflow for me.

thanks
  • Hi,

Is it possible to import through ProIO "spanned clips" from AVCHD ? Right now when I import them I get lot of duplicate clips. I must then delete the duplicates one or import them manually with the media browser within Premiere Pro... But if I sync again my main bin (with all the rushes) they will appear again.

Thank you

Kilian
    Hi Kilian,

There are a few ways to do this with the "allowed_extensions.txt" file, for example with Red files the '_001.R3D' ending is allowed instead of '.R3D', that way only the first red files are imported and the rest of the spanned clips are not, while the first clip contains all of them. You can do the same with AVCHD. 

If you want to open a ticket I can assist you further with this: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1279
  • Is there any chance at all that you will update this to work with premiere productions? I currently cannot get it to work at all, before the 14.8 update of PP i was able to fiddle with it to at least get it to work for importing folders and syncing but could not access any settings, none. Now it doesnt seem to work at all inside of productions.

In normal PP projects it works fine but that's no longer a feasible workflow for me.

thanks
    Hi Jason,

Happy to help you get this resolved, if you want to open a support ticket and provide me with some more details we can take it from there. Thanks!

• Pro IO is not working after Premiere Pro 15.0 update. It is not showing in extensions
  • Pro IO is not working after Premiere Pro 15.0 update. It is not showing in extensions
    Premiere Pro 15 is still in Beta, that's why it's not showing up. If you want to try runningPro IO in Premiere Pro Beta, open a support ticket, and I can walk you through the process.

Premiere Pro 15 is still in Beta, that's why it's not showing up. If you want to try runningPro IO in Premiere Pro Beta, open a support ticket, and I can walk you through the process.

Now that Adobe has pushed CC 2021 public, I've just posted an updated version of Pro IO that's compatible with AE & Premiere CC 2021.

Cheers,

Justin
  • #PROJ_#COMP-[width]-[height]-[frameRate]_v#VV

using [ ] token is fine, but will break the versioning up function

after rendering v01

the next will be v01_1 instead of v02
  • song meng said:
    #PROJ_#COMP-[width]-[height]-[frameRate]_v#VV
    This is because you're mixing Pro IO wildcards with built-in wildcards. Open a support ticket and we can look at some possible solutions. Thanks!

• Chinese paths are not supported
  • song meng said:
    #PROJ_#COMP-[width]-[height]-[frameRate]_v#VV
    This is because you're mixing Pro IO wildcards with built-in wildcards. Open a support ticket and we can look at some possible solutions. Thanks!

Width, Height, and FPS wildcards have ben added in Pro IO 2.16.4. download the latest from the product page to use them.

Cheers,

Justin

• Li Shao said:
    Chinese paths are not supported
    Hi Li Shao,

If you want to open a ticket I can assist you further with this: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1279

• Hi Justin,

Pro IO lost it's link to the current folder structure in my project, is there a way to relink the current structure? Right now if I try to add it back in, it just adds a duplicate of the same folder and I can't delete the old folder because AE thinks of that folder as the assets to my project.

Thanks,
    Frank

• Hi Justin,

Pro IO lost it's link to the current folder structure in my project, is there a way to relink the current structure? Right now if I try to add it back in, it just adds a duplicate of the same folder and I can't delete the old folder because AE thinks of that folder as the assets to my project.

Thanks,
    Frank

Hi Frank,

Yes, you can update a Watch Bin's link by going to Pro IO settings, and clicking on the path of the Watch Bin item, and then navigating to the new path, and then syncing the Watch Bin. If you need more help with this open a support ticket and we can take it from there.

Thanks,

Justin
  • It seems to cancel syncing once it runs into a file it cannot import, whether it's corrupted or unsupported. Is there a way around this? I have taken out unsupported file types, but it still happens when "corrupted" files are brought in. Every sync after that point is cancelled
  • It seems to cancel syncing once it runs into a file it cannot import, whether it's corrupted or unsupported. Is there a way around this? I have taken out unsupported file types, but it still happens when "corrupted" files are brought in. Every sync after that point is cancelled
    Hi Silas, happy to help you resolve this. Can you open a support ticket and let me know which app and version you're using? Thanks!

• Is AE 2022 supported?
  • Is AE 2022 supported?
    Yes it is now! Install the latest version of Pro IO 2.17.0.
  • Hi there! This plugin looks incredible, but I was wondering if it can do these two things:

Can it import two directories into one bin?

Can it include some sub directories but skip others? EX: Root>SubDelete>SubKeep
  • I am using the trial version to test out the plugin. I found issue that it constantly shows that I need to relink. And when I cancel and press the 'sync watch bins' button twice it works. Also its show some wired error.

Functionality of the script works fine but the error its showing and clicking the 'watch sync button' twice, how can I get rid of them.
  • Hi there! This plugin looks incredible, but I was wondering if it can do these two things:

Can it import two directories into one bin?

Can it include some sub directories but skip others? EX: Root>SubDelete>SubKeep
    Hi Hayley!

You can set a Watch Bin mode to "Flatten" and it'll import all subfolders on your disk into a single folder in your Premiere project panel.

If you wanted subfolders to be included but not the parent folders you can just add the child folders only.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend downloading the trial and seeing how you like it. If you have any questions, feel free to open a support ticket: 

Thanks!
  • I am using the trial version to test out the plugin. I found issue that it constantly shows that I need to relink. And when I cancel and press the 'sync watch bins' button twice it works. Also its show some wired error.

Functionality of the script works fine but the error its showing and clicking the 'watch sync button' twice, how can I get rid of them.
    Hi Mayank,

Happy to help you resolve this, sounds like a path issue. Please open a support ticket and I can assist you from there: 

Thanks!
  • Odd same error window always popping up when I open Photoshop or AE 2022. This error message below keeps appearing and I have to close a million of them before it stops (when launching either program or sending something to the render queue in Encoder). Really annoying, please fix or advise!! 

"PRO IO ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR:

undefined is not an object

Error Line: 1672
    Error File:
    /c/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Common%20Files/Adobe/CEP/extensions/com.aescripts.proio/jsx/pro_io.jsxbin

Would you like to report this Error?"