• Does this work with lottie/bodymovin?
    Hi Yash

Unfortunately it does not.
  • How can I apply drop shadow etc... on text?
    When I try to do this, the effects are applied on whole object. 
    Hi Mizuki

It depends on the order of effects. If you apply the drop shadow before TextBox, just the text will have the shadow. If you apply a drop shadow after TextBox, the entire box will have a shadow. 
  • Hi, 
    I very like this plugIn. 
    I try to render with MEDIA Encoder 2020, a simple AE 2020 propject with a text with plug in on. the comp never shows up in media encoder  remove the plug in from the text. ... exxport to AME the comp shows up in AME ready to be rendered.

Thanks for your inputs
  • Hi
    I've been testing Text Box 2 in Ae for a couple of weeks for a work project and set up a project with multiple comps with multiple layers of text using TextBox 2 
    The Demo version was working fine but now I've purchased a render license it's gone drastically wrong.
    I can't see the text or box when I apply the fx to a layer and all the text layers in the existing work are now devoid of text unless I disable the TextBox 2 fx
    I've cleared the cache, checked the allow scripts to write check box, downloaded the latest version from the site and entered the license code

any suggestions as to how  I can get this  to work

Mac 10.14.6
    Ae 17.0.6
  • Hi
    I've been testing Text Box 2 in Ae for a couple of weeks for a work project and set up a project with multiple comps with multiple layers of text using TextBox 2 
    The Demo version was working fine but now I've purchased a render license it's gone drastically wrong.
    I can't see the text or box when I apply the fx to a layer and all the text layers in the existing work are now devoid of text unless I disable the TextBox 2 fx
    I've cleared the cache, checked the allow scripts to write check box, downloaded the latest version from the site and entered the license code

any suggestions as to how  I can get this  to work

Mac 10.14.6
    Ae 17.0.6
    Hi Ade

Sorry to hear it's not working for you. Could you please open a support ticket and attach some images or a screencapture of what's happening. This will help me diagnose the cause and find a solution ASAP!
  • Hi, 
    I very like this plugIn. 
    I try to render with MEDIA Encoder 2020, a simple AE 2020 propject with a text with plug in on. the comp never shows up in media encoder  remove the plug in from the text. ... exxport to AME the comp shows up in AME ready to be rendered.

Thanks for your inputs
    Hi Mario

This is a known issue of the latest AME update. Adobe has suggested to either download the latest public beta version which has fixed the issue, or go back one version. Sorry for the hassle.
  • Hi, 
    I very like this plugIn. 

Thanks for your inputs
    Hi Mario

This is a known issue of the latest AME update. Adobe has suggested to either download the latest public beta version which has fixed the issue, or go back one version. Sorry for the hassle.
    Thank you for the infos and the Workaround
    I was rendering .AVI in AE and back to AME to put it in MP4
  • Thanks to James for resolving my "User Issue" and increasing my Knowledge.
    The Plugin is working fine for me now and hope fully clients will now allow me to use it to it's full potential.
    It's saved a lot of time having a plugin like this available, so that the small team that I work with could concentrate creating and not developing.

thanks
  • I would like to request a button under Matting to ignore opacity when matting the text. I would like to have a partially transparent background on my text, but still be able to transition the text in with the expansion.
  • I would like to request a button under Matting to ignore opacity when matting the text. I would like to have a partially transparent background on my text, but still be able to transition the text in with the expansion.
    Hi Evan

Interesting idea, thanks for commenting. I've noted it for future updates. 
  • When I move the position of their precomp they are in, with continuously rasterize enabled, the boxes don't move along and stay in their original position. Is this normal behavior?
  • When I move the position of their precomp they are in, with continuously rasterize enabled, the boxes don't move along and stay in their original position. Is this normal behavior?
    Hi Rowan

Unfortunately yes, as the transformation is "upstream" of the plugin, the plugin won't receive the new coordinates. 
  • Sean Eno said:
    Hi James -

Love this plugin. I'm having a little trouble getting it to work with the Typewriter Text Animator preset. Is this what you meant here? I might be missing something. Thanks!
    How would you have a box follow the shape of the text that's animating on with say the typewriter effect - So the box expands as the text is writing on?
    Hi Matthew

You can use the typewriter effect for this, but replace the opacity 0% transform with a scale of 0%. Soon we'll be releasing an update that allows you to lock ascenders / descenders so the height of the box doesn't change. Let me know if you have any troubles with the typewriter effect.

Hi Sean

Yes, so to have it work with the typewriter preset, remove the opacity 0% transform and replace it with scale 0%. Let me know if you have any issues.
    I am so confused by these instructions.

Am I removing the opacity on the typewriter preset? Because once I do that, the effect doesn't work at all...
  • I love this plug in, but am having trouble separating the text from the background.  The demo videos have an effect where the text slides in from the right and the box slides in from the left.  I see how to adjust the offset parameter to animate the box, but don't see parameters for the text.  when I transform the text, the box moves with it.  I know it can be done but tutorials do not demonstrate how to do it.
  • I love this plug in, but am having trouble separating the text from the background.  The demo videos have an effect where the text slides in from the right and the box slides in from the left.  I see how to adjust the offset parameter to animate the box, but don't see parameters for the text.  when I transform the text, the box moves with it.  I know it can be done but tutorials do not demonstrate how to do it.
    Hi Brian

That was achieved by moving the text one way, and the box doubly as far the opposite way. This creates the illusion of the two moving separately. Let me know if that doesn't make sense.
  • Hello, 

Is there a way to get animation with the Individual Expansion to work with motion blur? I can't seem to find a way to do it, currently.

Thanks!
  • Seb James said:
    Hello, 

Is there a way to get animation with the Individual Expansion to work with motion blur? I can't seem to find a way to do it, currently.

Thanks!
    Hi Seb
    I would try adding CC force motion blur after TextBox, and that should work. Let me know how you go.
  • Hello,

How would I achieve text typing with a typewriter effect so that the border extends with each letter or word etc?

Thank you!
  • Hello,

How would I achieve text typing with a typewriter effect so that the border extends with each letter or word etc?

Thank you!
    Hi David

Here is a preset you can use. It's done via scale, since changing opacity does not actually affect the text vertices.
    zip
    zip
    TextBox_Typewriter.ffx.zip
  • I'd love the option to add some kind of 'tick' to the text box so it can be used as a speech/text bubble. That'd be amazing! I'd pay money for that :) 
  • Hi James,

I'm looking at purchasing a few licenses to this wonderful plugin, but the only thing that I'd like to see (or if there's an expression that can be added), is to have the gradient's "Start Position Y" and "End Position Y" adhere to the comp size (height from top to bottom). Much like a "Layer Style > Gradient" it will stay in place and the shape will adjust as it moves up and down the comp. Would this be possible in anyway?
  • Hi James,

I'm looking at purchasing a few licenses to this wonderful plugin, but the only thing that I'd like to see (or if there's an expression that can be added), is to have the gradient's "Start Position Y" and "End Position Y" adhere to the comp size (height from top to bottom). Much like a "Layer Style > Gradient" it will stay in place and the shape will adjust as it moves up and down the comp. Would this be possible in anyway?
    Hi Wes

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean, as currently TB's gradient behaves exactly the same as the Layer Style -> Gradient Overlay. You would like the gradient to not move with the layer, do I understand correctly?
  • I'd love the option to add some kind of 'tick' to the text box so it can be used as a speech/text bubble. That'd be amazing! I'd pay money for that :) 
    Hi Stuart

Finally working on this now!
  • Hi, I have 3 lines of text. Is it possible to have the background be only behind the letters ? At the moment the background takes the size of the whole text box area. 
  • Hi, I have 3 lines of text. Is it possible to have the background be only behind the letters ? At the moment the background takes the size of the whole text box area. 
    Hi Fsdsd, currently that's not possible but we're working on adding this feature in the next version. A current workaround would be to break the text up into indivudual lines. It's a pain a know :(
  • Just purchased this plugin, would help me speedup my production. 

One feature that would be game changer for me would have a "absolute width/height" mode which define the absolute size of the box and then the text get centered in it. Sometime, padding is what I am looking for, but sometime, I want many of my boxes to have the same size regardless of the text inside. 
  • Just purchased this plugin, would help me speedup my production. 

One feature that would be game changer for me would have a "absolute width/height" mode which define the absolute size of the box and then the text get centered in it. Sometime, padding is what I am looking for, but sometime, I want many of my boxes to have the same size regardless of the text inside. 
    Hi Jeremy

Thanks for your idea, haven't heard that one before. We're currently working on the next major update so will consider it.
  • This plugin looks great. My use case would be to quickly make text reveal animations. Is there a way for me to reduce the opacity of the box to 0, but keep the text fully visible?
  • This plugin looks great. My use case would be to quickly make text reveal animations. Is there a way for me to reduce the opacity of the box to 0, but keep the text fully visible?
    Hi Kyle
    Good question, I don't think so because setting the "Matte text to fill" option won't really work if the box opacity is 0, because the matte is now at 0% opacity. Our other plugin effect matte is designed specifically for that task.
    Hi Kyle
    Good question, I don't think so because setting the "Matte text to fill" option won't really work if the box opacity is 0, because the matte is now at 0% opacity. Our other plugin effect matte is designed specifically for that task.
    What I have done that works is just duplicate the text layer after I'm done adjusting the box and text and everything, disable the textbox effect 2 on the top layer and on the bottom text layer set an opacity animator to 0%.  This separates the text and the box, so now the top layer is just the text and the bottom layer is just the text bubble since the text is at 0% .  By the way this plug-in rocks thank you!!
    Hi Kyle
    What I have done that works is just duplicate the text layer after I'm done adjusting the box and text and everything, disable the textbox effect 2 on the top layer and on the bottom text layer set an opacity animator to 0%.  This separates the text and the box, so now the top layer is just the text and the bottom layer is just the text bubble since the text is at 0% .  By the way this plug-in rocks thank you!!
    Clever work around :D
    Hi Kyle
    Would be awesome to be able to do it in the matting options for text box 2.1????? hahaha.  Cheers!
    Hi Kyle
    Would be awesome to be able to do it in the matting options for text box 2.1????? hahaha.  Cheers!
    Added it in the next major release :D
  • I know it's been asked before, but a version for 3D text is greatly needed :)
  • Is it possible to keep the height of the text box constant while the width varies depending on the text?
  • Leo Earle said:
    Is it possible to keep the height of the text box constant while the width varies depending on the text?
    Hi Leo, yes it is. You can use the "ascenders/descenders" feature to make sure the height remains constant. Check out the updated tutorial video for an example on how that works

• Would be wonderful if it worked in 3D space
  • Joe Pauly said:
    Would be wonderful if it worked in 3D space
    Hi Joe. Totally, we've been trying to make this happen for a very long time but have hit a lot of road blocks. We'll keep trying though.
  • Looks nice, but is there a way to easily create a text layer with more lines and that each line of text has a background. I tried the plugin, but when I have a multiple line text layer, it creates a bloc around the whole layer. Thanks
  • Looks nice, but is there a way to easily create a text layer with more lines and that each line of text has a background. I tried the plugin, but when I have a multiple line text layer, it creates a bloc around the whole layer. Thanks
    Hi Simeon

Unfortunately that's not possible. There is a handy script called decompose text which can assist with this process though, it will split the layer into multiple lines. 
  • Hello everyone, am I the only one who can't use Textbox anymore since the new Adobe After effects 2022 version?
  • Hello everyone, am I the only one who can't use Textbox anymore since the new Adobe After effects 2022 version?
    Not working for me either
  • Rob Lloyd said:
    Hello everyone, am I the only one who can't use Textbox anymore since the new Adobe After effects 2022 version?
    Not working for me either
    Hi Robb

We've just updated the compatibility, it should be working now. If not please submit a support ticket so we can address. 
    Hi Etienne

We've just updated the compatibility, it should be working now. If not please submit a support ticket so we can address. 
    This might help someone.  I struggled to get the 2022 version of Textbox 2 on my desktop.  On my laptop, the the new version showed up on the Manager App once I uninstalled the 2021 plugin, but not on the desktop.  Finally, I noticed that the version of Manager App I was running was older on the desktop.  I update the Manager App and the 2022 version of Textbox 2 appeared.  Works great now.
  • Is there a way to apply a tiled texture to the box?
  • Is there a way to apply a tiled texture to the box?
    Hi Jason
    Currently it's not possible inside the plugin. I would duplicate the textbox layer and do an alpha matte. Maybe parenting the texture to the text if you wanted it to inherit the transforms.
  • Impressed by the versatility.
    What I'm missing though:
    Is it possible to leave the box were it is and animate the position of the text independently of the box position
    Like a fly of the text in when the box has already arrived on its position.
    Thanks for considering this functionality and your answer.
  • Jan Roose said:
    Impressed by the versatility.
    What I'm missing though:
    Is it possible to leave the box were it is and animate the position of the text independently of the box position
    Like a fly of the text in when the box has already arrived on its position.
    Thanks for considering this functionality and your answer.
    Hi Jan

Thanks for your suggestion, transform controls for the text (independently of the box) if I understand correctly.
  • Hi, Textbox not work no after I download Mac Monterey.. please help me
    it is important because I WORK NOW on a project and I can finish it ! I must finish to my client...

// EDIT >>>.  It's ok ! The compagny help me and the solution is INSTALL plugin with aescript Manager :) thx again !!