Obsessive Layers 2
  • A new idea for this and I have no idea if its possible. Trim layers to Canvas. So like opacity Is based on keyframes, however if the asset item is outside of the workspace ready to be animated in to view. This would be a great function to add.
  • What happened to the icon view? Do you have to use Kbar for icons now?
  • What happened to the icon view? Do you have to use Kbar for icons now?
    Many apologies! We're working on this now and will have a fix in the next week or two. 
  • Great, thanks Nol. I appreciate it.

BTW, for some reason Obsessive Layers doesn't come up when I do a search within the aescripts search. If I click on the link to Obsessive Layers from my Purchases and Downloads section it state that the page can't be found. The only way that I can find this page is by doing a search from Google. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Kevin
  • I love Obsessive Layers, but it seems a little broken? It Obsessively always changes the out point of layers always extending both the selected and source layers and makes them off by one frame. The more I click it, the longer it gets.

Also +1 for the icons to come back. Maybe I should go back to the older version??
  • I love Obsessive Layers, but it seems a little broken? It Obsessively always changes the out point of layers always extending both the selected and source layers and makes them off by one frame. The more I click it, the longer it gets.

Also +1 for the icons to come back. Maybe I should go back to the older version??

Many apologies for the difficulties. The newest update fixes the problem you brought up, as well as having the icons back in place. Enjoy!

• A new idea for this and I have no idea if its possible. Trim layers to Canvas. So like opacity Is based on keyframes, however if the asset item is outside of the workspace ready to be animated in to view. This would be a great function to add.

Yes! We now have a feature called Trim to 2D Comp that does just what you're looking for. Available in the newest update. Thanks!
  • Nol Honig said:
    What happened to the icon view? Do you have to use Kbar for icons now?
    Many apologies! We're working on this now and will have a fix in the next week or two. 

Okay it took more like two months but the newest update restores the icons back to their rightful place. Apologies for the inconvenience Kevin! 
  • Just bought and am excited to use. Would it be possible to make the UI adaptive so that when icons are used you can make the pallette a thin vertical strip? If so would it involve utilizing AE extensions?
  • Any chance the headless scripts will be available again? I had assigned them to the numpad and F keys, and it was lightning fast (faster than KBar for me). I loved that workflow, but the old headless scripts don't work as they require an older Obsessive Layers license that isn't compatible with Catalina. 

Thanks! Love the tool. 

- Trevor