Fast Bokeh Pro
  • Hello Rowbyte,
    Do you have a video tutorial for this new product?
  • Hello Rowbyte,
    Do you have a video tutorial for this new product?
    Hi Peter,

The plug-in itself is fairly self explanatory but we will create a video tutorial shortly. Until then, you can watch some user created tutorials like this one

Rowbyte Inc.
  • Very impressed with the way that it handles edges. Much better then the terrible Camera Lens Blur effect and even has the edge over Frischluft. However there is no denying that Frischluft still looks nicer. I would love to this Fast Bokeh get some extra iris options. I gather that this kind of thing adds a lot of compute time but I still feel it would be worth it. 
  • Very impressed with the way that it handles edges. Much better then the terrible Camera Lens Blur effect and even has the edge over Frischluft. However there is no denying that Frischluft still looks nicer. I would love to this Fast Bokeh get some extra iris options. I gather that this kind of thing adds a lot of compute time but I still feel it would be worth it. 
    Hi Chris,

Higher Quality Iris options and more realistic Bokeh are definitely a top priority for future versions. Spherical Aperture is a huge step from the Gaussian like blur and we will continue in that direction. Thanks.

Rowbyte Support
  • Hi
    Any chance of including an option to limit the range of action? Or I should do it by adjusting the levels of the ZDepth map?
  • Hi
    Any chance of including an option to limit the range of action? Or I should do it by adjusting the levels of the ZDepth map?
    We'll consider this for future versions. But currently you need to adjust the depth maps accordingly.

Rowbyte Support
  • Fast bokeh is great, amazing performance and image quality plugin. The only problem I encountered is misinterpreting Focus Point, which unnecessarily gets data from Depth Map all the time, which makes it difficult to precisely animate. If a fix comes out, it will be the best bokeh available on the market.

Thank You!
    Tomasz
  • 'Use Focus Point' is broken.
  • Fast bokeh is great, amazing performance and image quality plugin. The only problem I encountered is misinterpreting Focus Point, which unnecessarily gets data from Depth Map all the time, which makes it difficult to precisely animate. If a fix comes out, it will be the best bokeh available on the market.

Thank You!
    Tomasz
    Recent versions of Fast Bokeh support this feature. You can now either get the focal depth from the focus point continually every frame or just once.

• Use focus point is broken.
    Try inverting the depth.

• Focus point is still not usable ... Please repair this tool
  • Focus point is still not usable ... Please repair this tool
    Are your running the latest version? The latest version has an option to get focus point only once, instead of every frame.

• Thank You for new version. Unfortunately, the animated "Focus opint" does not work, I change the position of the target and the field of focus does not change. The animated field of focus can only be obtained with the slider. The target should get the new value just like using a slider. Please fix this option.Big thanks
  • Thank You for new version. Unfortunately, the animated "Focus opint" does not work, I change the position of the target and the field of focus does not change. The animated field of focus can only be obtained with the slider. The target should get the new value just like using a slider. Please fix this option.Big thanks
    Hi Tomasz,

You need to make sure the option "Use Focus Point Every Frame" option is selected.

• Thank you for making this CS6 Compatible! :)
  • Hello,
    when i open the Plugin in AE CS6 (Non-Cloud-Version; Mac OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite) i get the error-message "couldnt find main entry point"
    Is there a way to fix it? Other Plugins work fine.
    Thanks!
  • Hello,
    when i open the Plugin in AE CS6 (Non-Cloud-Version; Mac OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite) i get the error-message "couldnt find main entry point"
    Is there a way to fix it? Other Plugins work fine.
    Thanks!
    Hi Thomas,

Currently, the plug-in requires atleast macOS 10.14 to run, due to Metal 2 requirement for optional GPU acceleration. Is there any reason you're running an older version of macOS?

• Not as 'very affordable' as I expected.
    Sorry, just sayin'...
  • Is this still an issue in V2(current version)..?
    Thank You for new version. Unfortunately, the animated "Focus Point" does not work, I change the position of the target and the field of focus does not change. The animated field of focus can only be obtained with the slider. The target should get the new value just like using a slider. Please fix this option.Big thanks

• Is there any reason you're running an older version of macOS?

Yes, to run CS6 :-)
    As far as i know CS6 won't run on more recent macOS Version?
  • Is this still an issue in V2(current version)..?
    You need to make sure the option "Use Focus Point Every Frame" option is selected.

• Yes, to run CS6 :-) 
    As far as i know CS6 won't run on more recent macOS Version?
    Hi Thomas,

Even though CS6 isn't officially supported, most of it runs ok on macOS 10.14. We might consider adding support for older versions of macOS (without GPU support) if there is enough interest among users. Thanks.

• Even though CS6 isn't officially supported, most of it runs ok on macOS 10.14. We might consider adding support for older versions of macOS (without GPU support) if there is enough interest among users. Thanks.
    Thanks for the tipp, i'll test it! I read many reports on the internet that it doesn't run properly? Do you have experience with it?
  • This plugin works fast and is very good!
    Most importantly, I am happy that it works properly with 32-bit floats.
    There is one thing that bothers me.
    If you apply the effect using the adjustment layer, the edges of the composition will be blurred.

Would it be possible to add a Repeat Edge Pixels option like the one in the standard Fast Box Blur feature? I'm sorry if this already exists.
  • MARK Inc said:
    This plugin works fast and is very good!
    Most importantly, I am happy that it works properly with 32-bit floats.
    There is one thing that bothers me.
    If you apply the effect using the adjustment layer, the edges of the composition will be blurred.

Would it be possible to add a Repeat Edge Pixels option like the one in the standard Fast Box Blur feature? I'm sorry if this already exists.
    Yes, Repeat Edge Pixels option will be implemented in a future update.
  • Focus zones are a really cool feature, and the ability to render near, mid and far separately gives a big boost in quality and blur realism. There's still some visual artefacts when it recomposites the 3 passes internally - and I wondered perhaps if there was some kind of pixel fill algorithm that could be used to flood the missing under-pixels hidden behind foreground Z levels? I'm going to do some tests using Re:vision effects RE:FILL plugin, though it would be very cool to see it done natively.

I've got a colleague who uses Autodesk Flame, and I think the Depth of Field effect in that app carves the screen up into a definable number of focus zones but uses some clever form of area fill (based on the defined Z-slices) to approximate the missing pixel information underneath.  Anyway, it's just an idea. It's an awesome plugin anyway!
  • Focus zones are a really cool feature, and the ability to render near, mid and far separately gives a big boost in quality and blur realism. There's still some visual artefacts when it recomposites the 3 passes internally - and I wondered perhaps if there was some kind of pixel fill algorithm that could be used to flood the missing under-pixels hidden behind foreground Z levels? I'm going to do some tests using Re:vision effects RE:FILL plugin, though it would be very cool to see it done natively.

I've got a colleague who uses Autodesk Flame, and I think the Depth of Field effect in that app carves the screen up into a definable number of focus zones but uses some clever form of area fill (based on the defined Z-slices) to approximate the missing pixel information underneath.  Anyway, it's just an idea. It's an awesome plugin anyway!
    Thanks for the comments and glad you like the plug-in. Will consider a pixel fill for background layers for future versions. 
  • Hi Rowbyte,

Fast Bokeh script is a good replacement for another known script(FL Depth). But there is one significant drawback. Objects that are blurred in front are clipped by objects in the back that are in focus. Are there options for how this can be implemented? Thanks!

• Is there an update that supports AE 2022 MFR?
  • Hi Rowbyte,

Fast Bokeh script is a good replacement for another known script(FL Depth). But there is one significant drawback. Objects that are blurred in front are clipped by objects in the back that are in focus. Are there options for how this can be implemented? Thanks!

You should use Zone Control to avoid this issue. 

• Is there an update that supports AE 2022 MFR?
    The latest version is MFR ready.

• Installing the free version of 2.0.6 still results in a watermark, regardless of whether Pro features are ticked true. Is there additional registration needed? Thanks
  • Installing the free version of 2.0.6 still results in a watermark, regardless of whether Pro features are ticked true. Is there additional registration needed? Thanks

Yes please check the faq: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-register-plugins/ 

Yes please check the faq: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-register-plugins/ ;
    Hi Lloyd, the issue is that we're not assigned a license through aescripts for trials (to my knowledge). 

The product hasn't been purchased, therefore it doesn't have an assigned license code under "My Downloads & Licenses". Thus, we can't utilize the registration process for validating the temporary license key to evaluate the plugin.

Is there another method for accessing or generating a license code?

Thanks

Yes please check the faq: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-register-plugins/ ;
    Hi Lloyd, the issue is that we're not assigned a license through aescripts for trials (to my knowledge). 

The product hasn't been purchased, therefore it doesn't have an assigned license code under "My Downloads & Licenses". Thus, we can't utilize the registration process for validating the temporary license key to evaluate the plugin.

Is there another method for accessing or generating a license code?

Thanks
    Fast Bokeh Pro by default selects the Spherical/Polygon Iris which is a pro feature. If you switch to Gaussian Iris, then watermark will not be rendered. 

• Does this plugin create deph maps?
  • Does this plugin create deph maps?
    Hi,

It doesn't create depth maps. Instead it utilizes them to create bokeh effect. 

• Would be nice to have color taken into account in custom lens shape for lens aberration effects.
  • Pawel Kry said:
    Would be nice to have color taken into account in custom lens shape for lens aberration effects.
    Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We'll consider it for future versions.