• imageMoCode

MoCode brings an entire development environment in After Effects. It's not just a code editor, but an all-new way to write, save and reuse your expressions and scripts inside AE.

https://aescripts.com/mocode/

• Love the Mocode trial, and will be purchasing very soon.

I have a feature request. The option to hover over a variable and see it's current value would be really useful for debugging. We can see the current property graph that the expression is attached to, but it would be amazing to see the value of any variable in your expression at the current frame. Is this possible? 
  • Hi Barry,

Thank you for your comment! It seems to be a complicated feature to implement, but that's not impossible. There are a lot of planned features for the moment. I would like to add some hover functionalities and more interactions with variables and controllers.

For example, I plan to add the ability to change the value of a slider or any other parameter referenced in an expression directly from the code editor. When I'll start working on this feature (which is not in the high priorities), I'll consider how to integrate your request. If you use Discord, I really encourage you to post your feature request in our Discord server: https://discord.gg/MC42gDb
  • Hi your script looks really powerful! 
    I have a question:
    I need to modify a certain part of an expression in a big project, that expression exist at least 100 times in several comps. 
    Practically I need to search the whole project for that expression and then modify it.
    The first part of the expression refers to the comp name while the second part is and identical, I need to change the identical part only.
    Thanks

• We are the leader in providing comprehensive and user friendly HIPAA training, HIPAA certification, and HIPAA compliance solutions. HIPAA Training for Security Officer & HIPAA Training for Privacy Officer
  • Nikits AE said:
    Hi your script looks really powerful! 
    I have a question:
    I need to modify a certain part of an expression in a big project, that expression exist at least 100 times in several comps. 
    Practically I need to search the whole project for that expression and then modify it.
    The first part of the expression refers to the comp name while the second part is and identical, I need to change the identical part only.
    Thanks

Hi,
    I'm working on a feature to globally search and replace strings inside all the expressions of a project for a future release of MoCode. This is not available for now with our tool, but Duik could help you to achieve that: https://duik-docs.rainboxlab.org/rigging-tools.html#search-and-replace
  • I really like your Code Editor. 

We plan to use this with the new font change expressions. My question is can I choose a font from inside the code editor? Currently I can't see a way to do this and have to edit the layer instead. 

Any help woulod be appreciated 
  • I really like your Code Editor. 

We plan to use this with the new font change expressions. My question is can I choose a font from inside the code editor? Currently I can't see a way to do this and have to edit the layer instead. 

Any help woulod be appreciated 
    Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your comment and sorry for the late answer. We're working on the implementation of the new CC 2020 dropdown feature for the automatic creation of controllers and for the visual mode. We're not planning to implement features around the font expressions but we could think about it. 

These 2 features could be quickly added to MoCode:
    - Font selection thanks to a dedicated dropdown 
    - Font selection thanks to the autocompletion

Unfortunately, it seems too difficult to be able to preview the font when using the dedicated dropdown.

Would these features meet your needs?
  • Is there a way to create "snippet" where a number of layers is generated, with animations, expressions and effects? I haven't tried MoCode yet, because I feel the short trial will not provide enough time to test this for what we need. I'm novice to script writing, but adapt quickly to project needs, but I feel that this may be what we need.

Thank you.
  • Is there a way to create "snippet" where a number of layers is generated, with animations, expressions and effects? I haven't tried MoCode yet, because I feel the short trial will not provide enough time to test this for what we need. I'm novice to script writing, but adapt quickly to project needs, but I feel that this may be what we need.

Thank you.
    Hi Anthony,

For the scripting side, MoCode will help you to write and execute code faster inside After Effects but you have to know Extendscript and the After Effects methods. Your scripting experience will be more comfortable thanks to the snippets, the autocompletion, the MoCode methods to manipulate expressions in scripting mode, and the ability to execute your code in one click.
  • Hello!

I work in a Team with 9 more animators, this Script could be really useful to us if we can have an expression library that is available on each animator's computer and is automatically updated when one of the Team members adds a new expression in the library.
    Does MoCode works with this feature?

Thank you!
  • Hello!

I work in a Team with 9 more animators, this Script could be really useful to us if we can have an expression library that is available on each animator's computer and is automatically updated when one of the Team members adds a new expression in the library.
    Does MoCode works with this feature?

Thank you!
    Hello Francisco,

You can store your library on your own server or on a cloud provider, and reference the link of your library on each MoCode client. Unfortunately, remote libraries are read-only. So, if you want to add or edit an item, you have to re-export your library and re-upload the JSON file. Each time you update your remote file, each MoCode client is automatically updated on start.

I'm working on a way to do that for toolbars too.

I've explained the process with Github here (35:35)
  • Hi, a little suggestion, maybe including font awesome or so icons the the toolbar (as kbar has f.e.) would be a great help, so you dont have to create icons each time, or use not so readable texts/shortcuts
  • Hi, a little suggestion, maybe including font awesome or so icons the the toolbar (as kbar has f.e.) would be a great help, so you dont have to create icons each time, or use not so readable texts/shortcuts
    Hi Lukas,

Thanks for this suggestion, we'll add this feature in a future release of MoCode! We've added it to the feature requests on our discord server.