• Hi, 
    Curious if there's a way to add topography contour lines using Geo Maps?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 
    Hi Joseph, some mapstyles contain contur lines, others don't. There is a way to create them with AE internal effects though. Please check out the "Topography" sample project. If you have a MapTiler Plan they also offer contur lines in a tileset.

• Hi There - I am very glad for this plugin

But how can I scale the LABELS - when I do it on teh label"comp"  it gets blurry

Also can the font be set global to all labels somewhere?

Regards
    Flemming
  • Hello.

How can I move objects along paths, that are routes from one point to another?
  • Hello

Just to note

Problem with opening recent project.
    When I open project from file browser or File > Open or File > Open Recent i get error

After Effects warning: Get Dimensions: Layer Source is Null forcing dimensions to 1, 1 (26::0)

I'll press OK like 100+ times and then project loads but MapComp is empty and the Geolayers plugin don't recognize this or any mapcomp

But if I open one or same recent project from GeoLayers plugin window, then it loads normally.

Mac OS.
  • Hi There - I am very glad for this plugin

But how can I scale the LABELS - when I do it on teh label"comp"  it gets blurry

Also can the font be set global to all labels somewhere?

Regards
    Flemming
    Hi Flemming, you can try to enable collapse transformation on the label layers.

Ivan post said:
    Hello.

How can I move objects along paths, that are routes from one point to another?
    Hi Ivan, please check out this tutorial: 

Hello

Just to note

Problem with opening recent project.
    When I open project from file browser or File > Open or File > Open Recent i get error

After Effects warning: Get Dimensions: Layer Source is Null forcing dimensions to 1, 1 (26::0)

I'll press OK like 100+ times and then project loads but MapComp is empty and the Geolayers plugin don't recognize this or any mapcomp

But if I open one or same recent project from GeoLayers plugin window, then it loads normally.

Mac OS.
    Hi Leo, OK if you open or import a project via the GEOlayers panel it takes care of all expressions, comp naming and so on. Maybe the issue is related to this. It would help if you could open a support ticket and attach the project.
  • Hi,

I purchased this plug-in yesterday hoping it would help me on a project I'm working on however the location I'm looking for is a very remote island and so the map data for the landscape doesn't come up with any results (even though there are results when searching for the location). 

As an alternative I have my own map data so I was wondering is it possible to load in my own map consisting of 16K satellite imagery into the plug in to create a 3D rendered landscape using Mir? 
  • Hi,

I purchased this plug-in yesterday hoping it would help me on a project I'm working on however the location I'm looking for is a very remote island and so the map data for the landscape doesn't come up with any results (even though there are results when searching for the location). 

As an alternative I have my own map data so I was wondering is it possible to load in my own map consisting of 16K satellite imagery into the plug in to create a 3D rendered landscape using Mir? 
    Hey Chris, yes thats possible. Please open a support ticket and we will assist you.
  • Hey!

I'm having a problem with GeoLayers where the mapcomp I create doesn't create or show any tiles in the actual comp. It shows a blank screen even though the preview in the GeoLayers panel still shows all the areas of the map I want to use.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!
  • Hi Erin, I've seen you created a support ticket. We will help you out there.
  • Hi,

Is it possible to edit route (ad delete/points) inside AE?

Thank you
  • Hi,

Thank you
    Yes sure, once you've drawn a route or any feature it is a normal AE Shape Layer that you can edit.
  • Hi,

Thank you
    Yes sure, once you've drawn a route or any feature it is a normal AE Shape Layer that you can edit.
    Works perfect.
    Thank you. One more quick question :) I simplified route but i have marker and label animated along feature
    I stuck how to update marker and label position

Many thanks 
  • Love the plug in, trying to follow the tutorial about using ASE color swatches or jpegs to customize the map colors, but i keep getting this error message at the point the tutorial is dragging and dropping the images or swatches on the map,

"There is no Mapcomp Imagery available that supports dynamic colors."

What am I doing wrong?
  • Dear Markus,
    For the last two months I've been facing this problem where, when I finalize my project, it says everything is fine, and it's downloaded everything properly, but most of the time I have to deal with low res tiles or even black tiles, every time I gotta go and adjust layer's transparency manually in order to turn the tiles back on or make the better quality visible.
    but there are times where there are no usable renders and I have to push the finalize button and keep my fingers crossed to see what will happen to the comp once again.
    can you please tell me if there's a solution for this problem, otherwise I have to switch to another program cause I you this plug-in on daily basis and it's really bugging me to spend hours and hours to create a comp and after that hours and hours to adjust the tiles!
    image_2021-07-26_181509.png
    1159 x 650 - 2M
    089908.PNG
    1168 x 653 - 2M
  • Dear Markus,
    For the last two months I've been facing this problem where, when I finalize my project, it says everything is fine, and it's downloaded everything properly, but most of the time I have to deal with low res tiles or even black tiles, every time I gotta go and adjust layer's transparency manually in order to turn the tiles back on or make the better quality visible.
    but there are times where there are no usable renders and I have to push the finalize button and keep my fingers crossed to see what will happen to the comp once again.
    can you please tell me if there's a solution for this problem, otherwise I have to switch to another program cause I you this plug-in on daily basis and it's really bugging me to spend hours and hours to create a comp and after that hours and hours to adjust the tiles!
    Hey Ashkan, Please open a support ticket and we will try to figure out what's going on in your case.
    Kind regards
    Nico
  • Love the plug in, trying to follow the tutorial about using ASE color swatches or jpegs to customize the map colors, but i keep getting this error message at the point the tutorial is dragging and dropping the images or swatches on the map,

"There is no Mapcomp Imagery available that supports dynamic colors."

What am I doing wrong?
    Hello Jeff, to create / customize map colors from an image or ASE color swatches you need the base or advanced imagery. Both need a mapdata subscription from maptiler.com.

What's MapTiler Cloud for?

It empowers the following features of GEOlayers 3:

• A data license for your comercial projects
    • Stylized Mapcomp Imagery
    • Find OpenStreetMap Features by clicking the preview map
    • Mapcomp Labels in different languages
    • Watermask Mapcomps
    • Feature import for the current view
    • 3D Building drawing

Apart from that you get:

• Access to the MapTiler Cloud platform
    • Advanced map styling
    • Additional datasets
    • Upload your own datasets
    • Use your maps on the web seamlessly
    If you have further questions or need assistance, please open a support ticket and we will assist you.

Kind regards
    Nico
  • Hello Markus,

I just use Geolayers 3.1.3. Some Questions:

- Is it possible to use ore replace some bing tiles by Google map tiles. Unfortunately there is a region which shows wintertime instead of summer (Ramsau / Dachstein)?

- How are they georeferenced? For example, how can I replace "bing1_1024_14_1202300330123.png" by google map tile? Where can I find the georeference for this tile?

- I have seen a tutorial how to use "Using Georeferenced Imagery and Local Tile Directories..." but how can I get georeferenced Google maps and also the height maps for 3D.

Can you recommend other solutions?

Best Regards

Gerhard
  • Hello Markus,

I just use Geolayers 3.1.3. Some Questions:

- Is it possible to use ore replace some bing tiles by Google map tiles. Unfortunately there is a region which shows wintertime instead of summer (Ramsau / Dachstein)?

- How are they georeferenced? For example, how can I replace "bing1_1024_14_1202300330123.png" by google map tile? Where can I find the georeference for this tile?

- I have seen a tutorial how to use "Using Georeferenced Imagery and Local Tile Directories..." but how can I get georeferenced Google maps and also the height maps for 3D.

Can you recommend other solutions?

Best Regards

Gerhard
    Hi Gerhard,

these questions all point into the same direction I guess. You can use google imagery with GEOlayers. But the files you are refering to are not the solution for this. They are rendered and managed by GEOlayers internally. You can simply import an imagery style and apply it to any Mapcomp you want.

Please open a support ticket and we will assist.

Best regards,
    Markus
  • Constant crashing when i adjust the camera in in a 3D map using using Trapcode Mir. Its pretty constant.
  • Constant crashing when i adjust the camera in in a 3D map using using Trapcode Mir. Its pretty constant.
    Hey Brian, sounds a bit wierd. Please open a support ticket and we will try to figure out whats wrong.

Best regards,
    Markus
  • Hey Marcus, any chance this will be on sale this coming Monday or we should wait for the next sale date? Thank you!
  • Hey Marcus, any chance this will be on sale this coming Monday or we should wait for the next sale date? Thank you!
    Hey Elias,

unfortunately my products have allready been on sale in week 2 (June 7-11) of the summer sale. Guess you'll need to wait for the black friday sale then...

Best regards,
    Markus
  • Hi Gerhard,

these questions all point into the same direction I guess. You can use google imagery with GEOlayers. But the files you are refering to are not the solution for this. They are rendered and managed by GEOlayers internally. You can simply import an imagery style and apply it to any Mapcomp you want.

Best regards,
    Markus
    Hello Markus,

I got immediately the link to download the Google maps script. But it is impossible to create 3D landscapes, just 2D is working. I asked Nico (by the support ticket 1071604) about this problem and he responded immediately to me with further questions and about screenshots which I sent to him. Unfortunately I did not get any response since two days.
    Can you help me or is it impossible to use Google maps to create 3D landscapes?

Best regard

Gerhard
  • Hi Gerhard,

Best regards,
    Markus
    Hello Markus,

I got immediately the link to download the Google maps script. But it is impossible to create 3D landscapes, just 2D is working. I asked Nico (by the support ticket 1071604) about this problem and he responded immediately to me with further questions and about screenshots which I sent to him. Unfortunately I did not get any response since two days.
    Can you help me or is it impossible to use Google maps to create 3D landscapes?

Best regard

Gerhard
    Hi Gerhard, this is absolutely possible. You can assign any imagery style as a texture in the 3D Landscape setup. Just open the texture mapcomp's settings from the mapcomp list. Nico will get back to you and assist.
    Best regards,
    Markus
  • Hello,
    I have an urgent project to return today and the script no longer shows me any maps in the composition window.
  • Hello,
    I have an urgent project to return today and the script no longer shows me any maps in the composition window.

Sorry for the late reply. I've seen you created a support ticket. This is better to keep track for us if you have any technical questions or bug reports.
  • Hello,

It is possible to send me a quote, one with a single user version, and another for a floating server licence ?
    I need it to my company, the fees need to shown in euro.

Do you have a mail to send my contact infos to you more easely ?

Best regards
  • Hello,

It is possible to send me a quote, one with a single user version, and another for a floating server licence ?

Best regards
    Hey Charles, please open a support ticket on rescripts.com/contact and we will help.
  • Hello,

Best regards
    Hey Charles, please open a support ticket on rescripts.com/contact and we will help.
    Hello

Thank you for your quick response 

Best regards
  • Absolutely incredible plugin!
    I am very tempted to purchase for a single job.. However I was wondering what the licensing situation is?
    I understand that this can be discussed with maptiler, however I cannot justify the cost of that subscription.
    This 1 project will be broadcast on television once..
    I am wondering if any of the inbuilt maps cover this on a licensing front? Or should I go down the route of manually animating a line over a creative commons vector map illustration?
  • Absolutely incredible plugin!
    I am very tempted to purchase for a single job.. However I was wondering what the licensing situation is?
    I understand that this can be discussed with maptiler, however I cannot justify the cost of that subscription.
    This 1 project will be broadcast on television once..
    I am wondering if any of the inbuilt maps cover this on a licensing front? Or should I go down the route of manually animating a line over a creative commons vector map illustration?
    Hey Rowan,
    basically you'll need to check the map provider's TOUs. Most of them are fine as long as you attribute on screen. Have a look at the bing maps TOUs for example: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/maps/product/broadcast-terms ;
    In the mapcomp settings you will find an "attribution info" for each default map provider in GEOlayers. Please open a support ticket on aescripts.com/contact if you have further questions.
    Besr regards,
    Markus
  • This is one of the best plugin for AE.
    Just want to confirm does it support M1 mac now?
    I am planning to upgrade my mac to M1x Macbook pro. need some help here.

Thanks

• Hi there, it is written, that I need Mir 3 for the 3D renderings. I only have Mir 2, does that work as well? 
    Thanks, Annabell
  • YU QI said:
    This is one of the best plugin for AE.
    Just want to confirm does it support M1 mac now?
    I am planning to upgrade my mac to M1x Macbook pro. need some help here.

Thanks

Hello, we have some customers with a M1 and it works. We don't have any experience ourselves with M1 since we do not have one. :-)

• Hi there, it is written, that I need Mir 3 for the 3D renderings. I only have Mir 2, does that work as well? 
    Thanks, Annabell
    Hello Annabell,
    MIR 2 is not working with GEOLayers 3 for 3D landscape projects.
    Kind regards
    Nico
  • Greetings!
    GEOLayers is great, congratulations.
    Any future chance of releasing it as a plugin also for Davinci Resolve or Fusion? :)
    Thanks
  • Greetings!
    GEOLayers is great, congratulations.
    Any future chance of releasing it as a plugin also for Davinci Resolve or Fusion? :)
    Thanks
    Hi Aitor, glad to hear you like GEOlayers! Unfortunately I'll have to disappoint you. There won't be a Resolve/Fusion plugin in the near future. Sorry!
  • After upgrading to the latest version (1.4.0), I can't adjust the placement of a label with the layer anchor point the way I used to.  It used to work great where the label anchor point would stay put, while the text and child elements would move freely.  Now, the entire label moves on the map, including the anchor point.  Is there some trick that I'm missing to get this to work again?
  • After upgrading to the latest version (1.4.0), I can't adjust the placement of a label with the layer anchor point the way I used to.  It used to work great where the label anchor point would stay put, while the text and child elements would move freely.  Now, the entire label moves on the map, including the anchor point.  Is there some trick that I'm missing to get this to work again?
    Hi Mark,
    Absolutely no fault on your side! This is a bug. You can expect a fix an a couple of hours. In the meantime simply remove " (Pinned)" from the label layer name. Sorry for inconvenience!
    Best regards
    Markus
  • If you have an Nearmap account can this be used with Geolayers3?
  • If you have an Nearmap account can this be used with Geolayers3?
    Hi Matthew, after checking their api docs quickly I think accessing the imagery is possible. The 3D maps won't work though. If you need help getting this to work or have more technical questions please open a support ticket
  • Any plan for Geolayer 4 this year?
    Really hope we can have a big upgrade.
  • Hi There,

Is there a way to create a height map for a Mapcomp, just the height map? When you create a 3D landscape, the height map is created but is there a way to create the height map without generating it through that process?
  • I've been unable to install after purchasing. I'm on a MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 with macOS 11.6 Big Sur.

I've tried installing with both the ZXP Installer and the aescript + aeplugins app. Both apps say GEOLayers is installed. But it doesn't appear in Window -> Extensions in After Effects 2021. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • YU QI said:
    Any plan for Geolayer 4 this year?
    Really hope we can have a big upgrade.
    Hi there, I'm afraid not this year. Do you have any suggestions or features that you would love to have? Feel free to share the with us in an inspiration submission

Hi There,

Is there a way to create a height map for a Mapcomp, just the height map? When you create a 3D landscape, the height map is created but is there a way to create the height map without generating it through that process?
    Hi Blair, not at the moment. I'd suggest you could create a 3D landscape, remove all the other comps and save it as sort of a template .aep. You can then import this Mapcomp into any project via the import function on the projects panel of GEOlayers.

I've been unable to install after purchasing. I'm on a MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 with macOS 11.6 Big Sur.

I've tried installing with both the ZXP Installer and the aescript + aeplugins app. Both apps say GEOLayers is installed. But it doesn't appear in Window -> Extensions in After Effects 2021. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Please open a support ticket for these kind of issues. 
  • Hi there,
    What is the highest resolution for the 3D Earth image? 
    Can I use any online satellite image or map to render the 3D Earth model? I like the image from Mapbox.

Thanks
  • Hey YU,

The max size depends on After Effects itself as well as the VC Orb Plugin. So it might be limited by your RAM and Graphics Card Memory. The sample Project is made to work good on consumer hardware. The texture size is good enough for country level zooms. If you want huge zooms all the way down to street level you might need to fake it and blend over to a normal mapcomp at some point.

The Texture of the globe can be changed to whatever you want. Simply open the Texture Mapcomp Settings and choose a different imagery. 

If you have further questions please open a support ticket.

Best
    Markus
  • Hello,

What exactly does "Mapcomp Label Data not licensed" mean.

I am using a Mapbox map and I get the labe data just by using your search. I do not have a Maptiler subscription.

Thank you very much
    Andreas
  • how do i get a revised satellite map from winter, where there is snow, vs summer where it is all grass? Is there a way to change the date data? Or choose from options other than the default? Or do I have to go into photoshop and paint in snow over the landscape by hand? Or find alt sat map and eye match it into place? There has to be a simple solution I ma not understanding. Cheers