• An Dah said:
    Hello,

What exactly does "Mapcomp Label Data not licensed" mean.

I am using a Mapbox map and I get the labe data just by using your search. I do not have a Maptiler subscription.

Thank you very much
    Andreas
    If your map looks how it should you're all good. Mapcomp Labels are the little "only-text-labels" that get placed, blended and animated automatically. I fno data is licensed they simply wont get placed. You can switch them of for your mapcomp by toggling the little "A" icon in the mapcomp list.

how do i get a revised satellite map from winter, where there is snow, vs summer where it is all grass? Is there a way to change the date data? Or choose from options other than the default? Or do I have to go into photoshop and paint in snow over the landscape by hand? Or find alt sat map and eye match it into place? There has to be a simple solution I ma not understanding. Cheers
    Hi John, we'll get back to you via your support ticket. 
  • This app sucks, man. It doesn't really do the one cool thing its supposed to (extrude city buildings). If it does, maybe a tutorial would be nice.
    Hey Joe, have a look here: 

Note that you'll need to zoom in quite far. The further you zoom out the more the building geometries get simplified, loose detail, building parts and height information.
    Also this feature works with MapTiler Data. So a data plan is needed. 
    You can find all our tutorials here.
    If you need further assistance please open a support ticket. It is easier for us to keep track of your requests like this.
  • Features that were created are now gone within the geolayers extension after I have closed and reopened the project. Do you have to recreate all features again within geolayers to change any parameters?
  • Hey, your product seems to be fantastic! 

In our use-case, we would like to generate 10.000 fly-in's for different GPS coordinates. Do you have support for such programatic video generation? Is it possible to use data driven animations available in after effects? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/after-effects/using/data-driven-animations.html
  • Hi,
    I have an issue that I have a precomp and I pin it to the map. I want this precomp to play out while I adjust the pitch of the map. When I do this though the image gets partially cut off and doesn't follow the map correctly. Does anyone know how to solve this?
    Thanks 
  • I'm opening a project after 2 months and it seems all the Geolayers data is missing. 

What should I do? 

Can I somehow replace all the existing data with a new mapcomp in a few clicks? 

Is there a way to avoid this problem in future projects?
  • I can't seem to find anything to explain this error, but I'm trying to connect two towns in the UK via a car route map, and I get the following error. I have tried several ways to correct it, but it always returns the same error. I am following your route map tutorial to the letter, and I get this every time. Thanks!

• How do you view all the towns / road names etc from any distance? The preview map seems to show far more information than what I am able to see in comp?
  • First of all: Fantastic product!

Is there any way to implement or make use of the "Stardust" particle plugin for 3D maps?
    Stardust can handle 3D models / data.
    Perhaps could anyone share information if how to make use GEOlayers with Stardust?

Best Regards
    Ingo 
  • It great product!
    I am using geolayers3 well. 

Can I draw heatmap with Geolayer ?

• Hello, I have a problem in GEOlayers 3 with 3D terrain rendering using Plexus 3. After creating 3D terrain using Plexus 3, the terrain is composed of polygons, it is not drawn smoothly. It doesn't work well. Maybe I should just adjust some settings in Plexus 3. I tried to adjust various settings, but it didn't help. Have you encountered a similar problem when using Plexus 3 in GEOlayers 3? (For information, I note that when rendering 3D terrain using FreeForm Pro or MIR 3, the terrain is rendered without problems). Thank you for your feedback.
  • If I have a realistic custom map (from a game for example) is there a way to have GeoLayers work from it? Or is it only select online maps? Silly question potentially and I am guessing maybe not, but just had to ask. Great work btw, wonderful plugin!
  • If I have a realistic custom map (from a game for example) is there a way to have GeoLayers work from it? Or is it only select online maps? Silly question potentially and I am guessing maybe not, but just had to ask. Great work btw, wonderful plugin!
    Hi Chris,
    that is possible if the map is available as Web Map Tile Service (WMTS).
    Please open a support ticket and we will try to help you and discuss how that could be done.
    Kind regards
    Nico

• Hello, I have a problem in GEOlayers 3 with 3D terrain rendering using Plexus 3. After creating 3D terrain using Plexus 3, the terrain is composed of polygons, it is not drawn smoothly. It doesn't work well. Maybe I should just adjust some settings in Plexus 3. I tried to adjust various settings, but it didn't help. Have you encountered a similar problem when using Plexus 3 in GEOlayers 3? (For information, I note that when rendering 3D terrain using FreeForm Pro or MIR 3, the terrain is rendered without problems). Thank you for your feedback.
    Hi Miroslav,
    please open a support ticket and we will try to help you out.
    Kind regards
    Nico
  • It great product!
    I am using geolayers3 well. 

Can I draw heatmap with Geolayer ?

Hello,
    yes, it is possible. There is a preset which has to be activated in the GEOlayers Preferences / imagery section.
    Please use our trial version to check if that fits your needs.

And if you have further questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to open a support ticket.

Kind regards
    Nico
  • How do you know who to properly attribute when using GeoLayers? Hoping to use it for content that’ll appear on TV but how do I know who’s data I’m using?
    Hello Richard,
    GEOlayers automatically creates the attribution for the standard providers. If you want to know more about the terms of use, open the mapcomp preferences. Next to the Attribution tag, you'll find a little (i) which gives you a bit more information about the provider and a link to the terms of us and conditions.
    Hope that helps. If you have further questions or need assistance, please open a support ticket.
    Kind regards
    Nico

• I want a lot more labels in my map (city names, neighborhoods, freeways, etc). 
    I've tried many different map presents, but whatever I do I can't get many labels at all.  
    I've slid the density slider from low to medium to high, but even at high I am only getting 2 labels when I'm zoomed in.
    I'm zooming into the valley in Los Angeles County - there's a lot there!  
    And when I start wide on CA, I only get labels:
    Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and California.  
    No other labels for the other states, and no other major cities - and my density is set to HIGH.
    How do I get more city and state labels in my maps?
    Attaching a preview of my zoomed in view, with high density on, and only showing 2 labels.
    Thanks for any help!
    045a800a7d0d77491245c606aac096.png
    1668 x 930 - 1M
  • Hi Makus Bergelt
    Something very important and useful is explain User interface one by one, every option for them and what does if you click this one or that one!
    but I could find any Tutorial which show and explain user interface, If you watch all tutorials , you get info about all of them, but to learn a new software or plugin, begin with User interface ,
    Please create a tutorial, Only explain User Interface, any Essential After effects Tutorial begin with explain and help the use to learn it, I think it is necessary to have this kind of Tutorial for GEOlayer too !
    for any user take long time to learn and find all option!
    it is because there are not good and perfect Tutorials on the net!
    Search Udemy and Skillshare, lynda.com(linkIn) etc. you cannot find One Tutorial about GEOlayer , one of best After Effects Plugin!
    why ? it is because the first Step to learn the program by Creator, was not prefect and Essential !
    Look at video Copilot's Andrew Kramer Tutorial for Element 3D ! He shows and explain the Plugin very well ! after one months, you could see 100 Tutorials by other people about Element 3D on YouTube !
    The Same with Projection 3D ! with very good Tutorials created by Taron Poghosyan !
    How many GEOlayer Tutorials could be fond on YouTube?
    maybe 10-12 !(by Boone Loves Video)  Not more !
    Why so? a few!
    because the Creator must do Essential Tutorial !
    to explain in short Tutorial different thing and what the plugin in capable do do is good!
    but through this to learn a plugin or software very quick and in short time is not possible!
    GEOlayer is one of the best!  like  Element 3D or Projection 3D ! but Need perfect and Essential Tutorial !
  • Hi Makus Bergelt
    Something very important and useful is explain User interface one by one, every option for them and what does if you click this one or that one!
    but I could find any Tutorial which show and explain user interface, If you watch all tutorials , you get info about all of them, but to learn a new software or plugin, begin with User interface ,
    Please create a tutorial, Only explain User Interface, any Essential After effects Tutorial begin with explain and help the use to learn it, I think it is necessary to have this kind of Tutorial for GEOlayer too !
    for any user take long time to learn and find all option!
    it is because there are not good and perfect Tutorials on the net!
    Search Udemy and Skillshare, lynda.com(linkIn) etc. you cannot find One Tutorial about GEOlayer , one of best After Effects Plugin!
    why ? it is because the first Step to learn the program by Creator, was not prefect and Essential !
    Look at video Copilot's Andrew Kramer Tutorial for Element 3D ! He shows and explain the Plugin very well ! after one months, you could see 100 Tutorials by other people about Element 3D on YouTube !
    The Same with Projection 3D ! with very good Tutorials created by Taron Poghosyan !
    How many GEOlayer Tutorials could be fond on YouTube?
    maybe 10-12 !(by Boone Loves Video)  Not more !
    Why so? a few!
    because the Creator must do Essential Tutorial !
    to explain in short Tutorial different thing and what the plugin in capable do do is good!
    but through this to learn a plugin or software very quick and in short time is not possible!
    GEOlayer is one of the best!  like  Element 3D or Projection 3D ! but Need perfect and Essential Tutorial !
    Hello,
    thanks for your feedback. At the beginning of GEOlayers we had many beginner tutorials. Many of our customers have been with us for a long time and have always asked for more practical tutorials.
    But I see what you mean and I think we'll tackle that soon. Until then I recommend the GEOlayers help. All buttons and functions are explained in detail there.
    Kind regards
    Nico

• I convert whole Help into word Document and modified it and printed ! lol
    I downloaded all of your Tutorials from first day until Now !
    but the best and Quickest to help new user to learn is a Complete Course like this :

Thanks !

• Hi!
    I use this product almost every week and love It! Great job!

Unfortunately I have not been able to create 3D terrains due to some bug with plexus and mettle pluggings, and their support teams were never able to give me an answer other that  it may be my graphic card (which is pretty decent, not that it cannot handle it). And Mir 3 is way out of my budget.
    I noticed recently that there is a new plugging called called Helium that creates 3d terrains from heighmaps. Would it be possible to make this plugging compatible with Geolayers? 
  • I convert whole Help into word Document and modified it and printed ! lol
    I downloaded all of your Tutorials from first day until Now !
    but the best and Quickest to help new user to learn is a Complete Course like this :

Thanks !

Hello,
    thanks for your feedback. 
    As I said before, we have it on our list and do what we can to create a tutorial for beginners.
    Kind regards
    Nico
  • Hi!
    I use this product almost every week and love It! Great job!

Unfortunately I have not been able to create 3D terrains due to some bug with plexus and mettle pluggings, and their support teams were never able to give me an answer other that  it may be my graphic card (which is pretty decent, not that it cannot handle it). And Mir 3 is way out of my budget.
    I noticed recently that there is a new plugging called called Helium that creates 3d terrains from heighmaps. Would it be possible to make this plugging compatible with Geolayers? 
    Hello Miguel,
    GEOlayers and Helium are already compatible.
    At the moment we just haven't had time to generate a sample project and tutorial.
    Kind regards
    Nico

• I need help regarding continent shapes. One thing I'm noticing is that I can draw shapes for cities and country but it doesn't create shapes for continent. Any solution for this?
  • I need help regarding continent shapes. One thing I'm noticing is that I can draw shapes for cities and country but it doesn't create shapes for continent. Any solution for this?
    Hey Rahul,

may you please open a support ticket? its easier to keep track for us like this... 

Best Markus
  • Sure
    I need help regarding continent shapes. One thing I'm noticing is that I can draw shapes for cities and country but it doesn't create shapes for continent. Any solution for this?
    Hey Rahul,

may you please open a support ticket? its easier to keep track for us like this... 

Best Markus

• Hello -

Is there a way to move a feature's label to a new location? For example I used the Label Features > Add Label for the state of New York and the label appears in the middle of the state. However, I would like the label to appear in the northeast corner of the state and "stick" there just like any other geographic label. I've tried changing the Position values, but the label just moves around when the map is animated.

I've also tried creating a new text layer and using the Track Camera effect, but the result is not useful. Seems like it should be easy enough just to move a label?

Thanks!
  • Hello -

Is there a way to move a feature's label to a new location? For example I used the Label Features > Add Label for the state of New York and the label appears in the middle of the state. However, I would like the label to appear in the northeast corner of the state and "stick" there just like any other geographic label. I've tried changing the Position values, but the label just moves around when the map is animated.

I've also tried creating a new text layer and using the Track Camera effect, but the result is not useful. Seems like it should be easy enough just to move a label?

Thanks!
    Hi Jill,
    Once you have created a Label Layer check its Effects Controls. There you'll find "Latitude" and "Longitude" Settings as well as "Pixel Offset" which does the same but sort of normalized to your zoom. Because if you are zoomed in to street level, changing only a friction of the Longitude will result in miles on the ground. In these cases it is easier to work with the Pixel Offset.
    Best Markus

• Hello -

Thanks!
    Hi Jill,
    Once you have created a Label Layer check its Effects Controls. There you'll find "Latitude" and "Longitude" Settings as well as "Pixel Offset" which does the same but sort of normalized to your zoom. Because if you are zoomed in to street level, changing only a friction of the Longitude will result in miles on the ground. In these cases it is easier to work with the Pixel Offset.
    Best Markus

Bravo, thank you Markus that worked perfectly! The lat/long were settings I did not explore. I will use this setting a lot.

One more question if I may: How would I stop the label from rotating during the map animation? I tried to parent/link the label to the map comp anchor, the map comp, another feature, and none, but none of them worked. I see in the label's Effect Controls there is a setting for Rotate With Map, but that did not seem to work.

Attached is an example. I would like the label "Canada" to stay parallel to the gray line border.

Jill

CanadaLabel.PNG
    822 x 468 - 985K
  • very nice tool. even beginners can use it... but sadly it is very very expensive :( And it is using 100% power of my ssd which lags aaaalllooot
  • Hi Markus

Enjoying using this tool, but one frustration is that following a crash, all my favourite features for a map comp are gone from the feature browser - realise they can be exported, but if you don't do that regularly you have the problem I have. Not sure there's any way to recover these from a map comp?

Thanks
    Nick
  • on the first version, the integration of mapbox, nasa or other servers was very simple, I can't find how to connect servers on version 3.
  • Hi Markus

Enjoying using this tool, but one frustration is that following a crash, all my favourite features for a map comp are gone from the feature browser - realise they can be exported, but if you don't do that regularly you have the problem I have. Not sure there's any way to recover these from a map comp?

Thanks
    Nick
    Hey Nick, unfortunately you can't recover your favorite features from a mapcomp. What you can do is import a Feature from a Shape Layers though. Select the Layer, click the little + top left of the browser and select "Feature from Layer". Note that the resulting feature will have only the quality of the drawn shapelayer. So if the geometry has been simplified, you can not recover the fully detailed Geometry.

gra phic said:
    on the first version, the integration of mapbox, nasa or other servers was very simple, I can't find how to connect servers on version 3.
    Oh it is still there. Simply click the little plus icon on the second step creating a mapcomp. Like this you can create new styles and connect to other services.

Best
    Markus
  • Creating 3D Landscape throws script alert: Error: After Effects Fehler: CSelectronAssert fail: CSelectron: layer is null
    I use After Effects 2022
  • Today I opened up a project where I've been using GEOlayers 3 for all of my animated maps, and all but one of the mapcomps no longer show up. All of the data is still there (meaning, all of the nulls/solids that GL3 creates when you use it are still there in the project). But the mapcomps themselves no longer show map imagery and instead just have a Placeholder labeled "Recovered." I've sent in a support ticket but posting here as well in case anyone else has dealt with this.

Using Windows 10, After Effects 22. And if I can't solve this probably alcohol.
  • Having same issue. Have also submitted a ticket. Seems to happen randomly, hard to recreate. Opening an autosave and it's all working again, but ofcourse you lose the work you did after the autosave.
    Today I opened up a project where I've been using GEOlayers 3 for all of my animated maps, and all but one of the mapcomps no longer show up. All of the data is still there (meaning, all of the nulls/solids that GL3 creates when you use it are still there in the project). But the mapcomps themselves no longer show map imagery and instead just have a Placeholder labeled "Recovered." I've sent in a support ticket but posting here as well in case anyone else has dealt with this.

• Having same issue. Have also submitted a ticket. Seems to happen randomly, hard to recreate. Opening an autosave and it's all working again, but ofcourse you lose the work you did after the autosave.
    Today I opened up a project where I've been using GEOlayers 3 for all of my animated maps, and all but one of the mapcomps no longer show up. All of the data is still there (meaning, all of the nulls/solids that GL3 creates when you use it are still there in the project). But the mapcomps themselves no longer show map imagery and instead just have a Placeholder labeled "Recovered." I've sent in a support ticket but posting here as well in case anyone else has dealt with this.

We are aware of this issue. Though it is not really reproduceable we have seen a couple of projects where it happened. I can feel your frustration on this. Just wanted to say that we`re investigating the issue and try to find a solution. Till then we have the following tricks as a workaround:
    -Dont save your project in the corrupted state!
    -Dont open a project by double clicking it in the browser
    -Open AE first
    -Close all Extensions and Plugins
    -Open the project via the open dialog inside AE

And... of course keep your autosave checkbox checked ;)
  • Hello,

I bought a license of Geolayers 3 but now, how can I test the two weeks of Maptiler ?

Thanks,
    Mariano
  • You should be automatically able to use the map styles with the MapTiler Icon. Note that they will stop working after two weeks.

• You should be automatically able to use the map styles with the MapTiler Icon. Note that they will stop working after two weeks.
    I can´t it doesn´t work.
    I bought Geolayer december 2020, now the maps I made, end of 2020, they doesn´t work beacuse, I think, I have to subscrib a monthly plan with MapTiler, is that correct ? Am I obligated to do that to edit my old proyects ? It strange because with my version of Geolayer 3, the last year I could do this type of maps and now the cartography is blocked but the version is the same.

I can´t it doesn´t work.
    I bought Geolayer december 2020, now the maps I made, end of 2020, they doesn´t work beacuse, I think, I have to subscrib a monthly plan with MapTiler, is that correct ? Am I obligated to do that to edit my old proyects ? It strange because with my version of Geolayer 3, the last year I could do this type of maps and now the cartography is blocked but the version is the same.
    You can edit your project lets say AE-wise, but you'll not be able to change the mapcomp view, or finalize again, since therefore GEOlayers needs to connect to MapTiler which wont work without a Plan or within the free trial period, which is two weeks after your initial GEOlayers purchase. You can of course use other non-MapTiler imagery styles. If you need further help on this please open a support ticket.
  • Is there any way to fix the map of russia? when drawing the features of russia it makes 2 layers and has this awkard cut in the easternmost part. on top of that both layers have the entire russia, one has this small continental part far off in the right, the other has the cut out part in the correct place, but the rest of russia offsceen on the left. 
  • Is there any way to fix the map of russia? when drawing the features of russia it makes 2 layers and has this awkard cut in the easternmost part. on top of that both layers have the entire russia, one has this small continental part far off in the right, the other has the cut out part in the correct place, but the rest of russia offsceen on the left. 

Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this. What you see is a Feature that crosses the date border. In this case GEOlayers duplicates the layer and positions it one full earth rotation beneath to at least don't let it look cut off.
  • Hello,

Is Geolayers 3 compatible with Apple Silicon?

Thanks,
  • Hello,

Is Geolayers 3 compatible with Apple Silicon?

Thanks,
    Yes, as long as After Effects itself runs, GEOlayers will also work. You can check it with the free Trial version.

Is there any way to implement or make use of the "Stardust" particle plugin for 3D maps?
    Perhaps could anyone share information if how to make use GEOlayers with Stardust?

Best Regards
    Ingo 
    Quoting myself. 
    I know, that you guys have been busy with other projects. But do you have perhaps the time to make a 3D Map preset for Stardust users?
    Or perhaps a workaround how to apply and align height data and texture data with the Stardust features. 
    Thanks and Best Regards
    Ingo
  • I have no idea why in Geolayers 3 cars, bicycles, pedestrian connect features showing . Error “uninspected token N at position 0 ” ,,pls help
  • I have no idea why in Geolayers 3 cars, bicycles, pedestrian connect features showing . Error “uninspected token N at position 0 ” ,,pls help
    Hi Bittu, please update GEOlayers to the latest version to fix this issue.

Best Regards
    Ingo 
    Quoting myself. 
    I know, that you guys have been busy with other projects. But do you have perhaps the time to make a 3D Map preset for Stardust users?
    Or perhaps a workaround how to apply and align height data and texture data with the Stardust features. 
    Thanks and Best Regards
    Ingo
    Hi Ingo, unfortunately not. Guess what you need to do in Stardust is createing a surface that can be displaced with a height map and textured. You could start with a Trapcode Mir 3D Landscape, remove the Mir Effect Layer and rebuild it with Stardust. If you need further help please open a support ticket.

Best Regards
    Ingo 
    Quoting myself. 
    Thanks and Best Regards
    Ingo
    Hi Ingo, unfortunately not. Guess what you need to do in Stardust is createing a surface that can be displaced with a height map and textured. You could start with a Trapcode Mir 3D Landscape, remove the Mir Effect Layer and rebuild it with Stardust. If you need further help please open a support ticket.
    Hi Markus, 
    thank you. I have actually tried it this way, but unfortunately have not been able to align everything properly.
    Best Regards