Key Visibility for Cinema 4D
  • It says it works with C4D R23, but i don;t see a "scripts" folder to put it in...?
  • It says it works with C4D R23, but i don;t see a "scripts" folder to put it in...?
    Hey Sean. Go to C4D > Preferences... then click "Open preferences folder". That will open your system file manager and point you to your version of C4D's preferences. Place "Key Visibility" into Library > Scripts. Restart C4D.
  • Nice idea! If only c4d wouldn’t take forever to render transparency and show semi transparency of display tags in the viewport....
  • I like the idea. But guessing it doesn’t work with Redshift?
  • Nice idea! If only c4d wouldn’t take forever to render transparency and show semi transparency of display tags in the viewport....
    Agreed! It's surprising that it doesn't...
  • I like the idea. But guessing it doesn’t work with Redshift?
    Unfortunately no, since Redshift doesn't recognize the Display tag. Is there an equivalent Redshift property that could be targeted? I'd make a Redshift variation if that would be helpful.
  • Hi I wanted to know if the FadeIn | FadeOut works with the Vray-5 render engine

thank you very much
  • Hi I wanted to know if the FadeIn | FadeOut works with the Vray-5 render engine

thank you very much
    Hello Giuseppe: Unfortunately no, since Vray doesn't recognize the default Display tag's visibility (as far as I am aware). Is there an equivalent Vray property that could be targeted? I'd make a Vray variation if that would be helpful.
  • Doesn't seem to be working in R25, will there be an update? Great timesaver script!
  • Doesn't seem to be working in R25, will there be an update? Great timesaver script!
    Hey there Jesse, thanks for the note! I just uploaded a version 1.1 to aescripts.com with a folder for R25 versions of the scripts, and it should be working again. There were some changes to the tag codes in R25. If you want to manually update all three scripts, right click on your command bar icon, Edit Script... and find the line that says:

c4d.CallCommand(100004788, 50045) # add a new Display tag

Change it to:

c4d.CallCommand(100004788, 50046) # add a new Display tag

Basically, the 50045 changed to 50046. They should be on line 44 for the KeyVisibility, and on line 40 for the FadeIn and FadeOut scripts. Let me know if you need further help with this. Glad you are finding it helpful!
  • Thanks Reuben, that worked great. Works in R25, thanks a ton!
  • It's not working for me!

I'm using C4d R21 

every time I press on any fade icon it's only adding the "Constraint tag" to my object.

can you help me ? 

I'm using C4d R21 

every time I press on any fade icon it's only adding the "Constraint tag" to my object.

can you help me ? 
    Hello! Sorry to hear you're running into an issue. can you do me a favor? Right click on your command bar icon and select "Edit Script..." and find the line that says:

This example uses code "50045". What does your say?

I'm using C4d R21 

can you help me ? 
    Hello! Sorry to hear you're running into an issue. can you do me a favor? Right click on your command bar icon and select "Edit Script..." and find the line that says:

Hi Reuben,

This is video recording for more clarification 

I'm using C4d R21 

can you help me ? 

Hi Reuben,

Got it! I just posted a new v1.2 on aescripts that should resolve this issue. After some research, I was able to identify why some versions of C4D were not adding a Display Tag properly. This update handles all versions properly without requiring separate scripts for different C4D versions. Sorry for the inconvenience! If you don't see the updated v1.2 on your aescripst.com account yet, email me at [email protected] and I can send you a ZIP file directly. Thanks!

I'm using C4d R21 

can you help me ? 

Hi Reuben,

Got it! I just posted a new v1.2 on aescripts that should resolve this issue. After some research, I was able to identify why some versions of C4D were not adding a Display Tag properly. This update handles all versions properly without requiring separate scripts for different C4D versions. Sorry for the inconvenience! If you don't see the updated v1.2 on your aescripst.com account yet, email me at [email protected] and I can send you a ZIP file directly. Thanks!
    Thank you so much, I love your script it's a simple and true time saver.
    Now everything works fine :)

I'm using C4d R21 

can you help me ? 

Hi Reuben,

Thank you so much, I love your script it's a simple and true time saver.
    Now everything works fine :)
    Excellent, glad it's working for you!
  • Hello! does this script work with C4D 2023?