Plexus 2 OBJ Resolution
  • Hi there,

I've noticed that the way OBJ's are rendered seems to be a lot different in Plexus 2..?

For example this tutorial:

http://ae.tutsplus.com/tutorials/motion-graphics/shoot-off-a-3d-plexus-particle-stream/

Reducing the OBJ resolution no longer has the same effect (of creating a "low-point count" ribbon), but instead just gradually reduces the length from either end. Reducing the Max No. of Vertices to Search/Max Distance doesn't seem to help either - it just turns it into a line of circles. This is just an example - but it seems impossible(hard?) to recreate the kind of looks that previous versions of plexus could make using OBJ's, due to the way they now work. I have tried using an older version again and it works really well - so it's definitely not the OBJ. Any ideas or suggestions how to overcome/work around this?
  • I have run into the same problem. The only thing I can think of is to reduce/decimate the obj before it is imported into Plexus. I'm hoping someone sees this and helps to restore it's original functionality.

-dp-
  • This issue has been fixed in v2.0.4. Please download the latest update and try it. Thank you. 
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions