Depth Scanner
  • In theory a great plugin. In practice (demo version) it demands a enormous need for massive GPU RAM. Its not working with a 2080ti properly even in lower resolutions like 1080p. The CPU version is extremly slow and not useable in practice. Running on a 10 core, 4.9 GHZ Intel machine with 64 GB RAM and a 2080ti
    Please try the newest version (1.1.4), we had a bug which caused to high demand of memory. Should be fixed now.
  • The installer brings up the option to designate the location file path, with a note saying to leave at the default value unless you know what you're doing. However, no default value is present, and the help documentation lists several places where files are installed.
    This occurs for all Blace Plugin trials that I've downloaded.
    What is the correct installation file path for a Windows 10 PC?
  • This looks super interesting - when do you think you'll have a mac version?

• There's a good idea here, but the results are inconsistent and glitches pop up a lot between frames when applied to video that the temporal averaging can't do much about. With quality settings cranked higher, it runs out of memory at 1080p on a 3080 TI with 12GB ram... seems like memory issues still exist.

It'd be nice to have more control over the settings and how the matte is being calculated as well as the averaging, which ends up causing motion trails on scenes with even minimal movement.
  • There's a good idea here, but the results are inconsistent and glitches pop up a lot between frames when applied to video that the temporal averaging can't do much about. With quality settings cranked higher, it runs out of memory at 1080p on a 3080 TI with 12GB ram... seems like memory issues still exist.

It'd be nice to have more control over the settings and how the matte is being calculated as well as the averaging, which ends up causing motion trails on scenes with even minimal movement.
    Hey Nicholas, thanks for your feedback! Did you deactivate the "Normalize" option? This will help with flickering. Which version are you using? If the problems persist, please open a support ticket on https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1864

Hey Nicholas, thanks for your feedback! Did you deactivate the "Normalize" option? This will help with flickering. Which version are you using? If the problems persist, please open a support ticket on https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1864
    Yes, I tried with Normalize turned off, still a good bit of flicker between frames and turning on Temporal Averaging ends up creating too much of a trail effect on shots with camera motion.

I'm using the GPU version of the most recent release. Sometimes it's working well, even on 6k footage, other times it fills up GPU memory and can't do anything above 1080p. I don't really have any more information than that but if there's something specific that would help narrow the issue let me know.
  • I try to install and return this message. I try to use uninstaller and say there is not app installed.

Download of
    www.braceplugins.com/download/depends/cusolver64_11.dll-6e625eb078e5952681907633019d78c0.zip failed: Downloading timed out.

So, put a lot of junk in my PC.

• Hey Raul, could you please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1864
    Could you please retry installing? I just checked the files and everything looks fine.

I try to install and return this message. I try to use uninstaller and say there is not app installed.

Download of
    www.braceplugins.com/download/depends/cusolver64_11.dll-6e625eb078e5952681907633019d78c0.zip failed: Downloading timed out.

So, put a lot of junk in my PC.

• Looking at the introductory videos and customer comments for “Depth Scanner” and “Goodbye Greenscreen”, it would appear these products are good ideas, but prone to be buggy, cannot handle larger files and as yet not available for Mac. All of these things need to be corrected if serious motion artists are to endorse plugins that purport to make rotoscope more easy, or create 2.5- 3D depth mattes without importing stills or clips in to 3D applications. 

I’m sure I speak for other artists in hoping Blaze Plugins improve the reliability of their plugins, along with releasing versions of them for Mac. Whatever the motion or still graphic plugin, we now live in a world where Mac artists see no need to partition their system drive and install Windows, just to run a handful of plugins. 

• Hi,
    It's really promising. However, unfortunately it can only be applied to still images. For continuous shots, correcting the flicker takes as much time as doing the Z-Depth by hand. Boosting Monocular Depth Estimation on neural networks is more beautiful and accurate for still images. Optocal flow is not a sufficient method of repair. Unfortunately, you still have to work on this, but I look forward to the solution. I'll buy it right away if it really works.
  • Hello, impossible to install, i have a blue screen of death directly like 5 secondes after the install start, on both version, CPU and GPU.

My configuration :
    Proc AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor  3.70 GHz
    RAM     128 Go
    Graphic Card : NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3080
    Windows 10 64 bits, processeur x64
    After Effects CC22

So what's the problem please ?

I have tried to redownload your trial version few times, from this page, because i can't find it with the aescript application, but nothing change.
    Blue screen, blue screen, blue screen.

Need help please :)

• Running After Effects 2022 on Windows 10 64-bit with this config:

AMD Threadripper 64-core
    128gb of RAM
    Quadro RTX 8000 48gb VRAM
    Samsung 860 SSDs for OS and Programs
    32TB SAS RAID array

The GPU version crashes almost immediately unless I can quickly turn off the Use GPU tab and the CPU version works on one frame but crashes on anything but Faster and Tiny resolution modes which may as well just be useless watermark demo mode. I'm working on a 4K resolution RED One MX feature with R3D files and Blackmagic CDNG files converted to EXR as B-camera shots. Based on what I can toy around with on the Tiny resolution mode, the plugin would be exactly what I needed to create some quick masking but as it is, the plugin just doesn't work at all. I also needed to go into my preferences for the script to access the network for activation purposes. You've got something BIG here but unless you add compatibility for professional hardware and video codecs and not basic MP4 and H.264/5 files then this is just a toy software.
  • Running After Effects 2022 on Windows 10 64-bit with this config:

AMD Threadripper 64-core
    128gb of RAM
    Quadro RTX 8000 48gb VRAM
    Samsung 860 SSDs for OS and Programs
    32TB SAS RAID array

The GPU version crashes almost immediately unless I can quickly turn off the Use GPU tab and the CPU version works on one frame but crashes on anything but Faster and Tiny resolution modes which may as well just be useless watermark demo mode. I'm working on a 4K resolution RED One MX feature with R3D files and Blackmagic CDNG files converted to EXR as B-camera shots. Based on what I can toy around with on the Tiny resolution mode, the plugin would be exactly what I needed to create some quick masking but as it is, the plugin just doesn't work at all. I also needed to go into my preferences for the script to access the network for activation purposes. You've got something BIG here but unless you add compatibility for professional hardware and video codecs and not basic MP4 and H.264/5 files then this is just a toy software.
    Hey Nicholas, can you please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1864
    We will help you there.
    Thanks!
  • Will there be a mac version soon?
  • I would also like to know if there is a mac version imminent?
  • Just installed the trial version and I have to purge cache every time I make a change on the plugIn. Is that normal? I have AE 2020
  • hey, so every time i apply the plugin on footage, it crashes... my gpu is a rx 5700, and i have an ryzen 7 cpu and 16 gb of ram... is the anything i can do to get it to work

thank you 
  • hey, so every time i apply the plugin on footage, it crashes... my gpu is a rx 5700, and i have an ryzen 7 cpu and 16 gb of ram... is the anything i can do to get it to work

thank you 
    Hey Ayrton, please open a support ticket on:
  • Just wanted to know if there's a reason why the question regarding the Mac version is being overlooked.  If not, it's ok but it's nice to see if this sort of tool will be available in the future.  This is something that's been needed, at least by me, for a while.  And it seems a ton of others are waiting as well.  But if it's not even considered let us know so you don't get blasted with the question :)
  • Thanks for the update. Playing around with it a bit now and still getting a lot of crashes, but with the processing power this must take, it's to be expected. The heatmap mode is appreciated - that was the very first thing I used the plugin for on my last project, so it's dope to have it built in!

Will there be a video that thoroughly breaks down the new parameters? It seems really promising, but it's not something you can just dive in an experiment with easily since if you push a parameter too much/quickly you end up with a crash.

Also - is there any chance of putting in a checkbox to respect alphas? Maybe it's achievable with the new parameters already, but if not - I fed in some roto'd footage and depth scanner was finding all kinds of things in the alpha that obviously weren't there. The workaround for now is using the footage as a track matte
  • Just wanted to know if there's a reason why the question regarding the Mac version is being overlooked.  If not, it's ok but it's nice to see if this sort of tool will be available in the future.  This is something that's been needed, at least by me, for a while.  And it seems a ton of others are waiting as well.  But if it's not even considered let us know so you don't get blasted with the question :)
    Hey Brandon, the problem is that the machine learning library we are using has a very limited support on MacOS. Of course we'd love to provide and MacOS version, but we'll have to wait for some better library support. I expect this to happen in the next 6-12 months.
  • Thanks for the update. Playing around with it a bit now and still getting a lot of crashes, but with the processing power this must take, it's to be expected. The heatmap mode is appreciated - that was the very first thing I used the plugin for on my last project, so it's dope to have it built in!

Will there be a video that thoroughly breaks down the new parameters? It seems really promising, but it's not something you can just dive in an experiment with easily since if you push a parameter too much/quickly you end up with a crash.

Also - is there any chance of putting in a checkbox to respect alphas? Maybe it's achievable with the new parameters already, but if not - I fed in some roto'd footage and depth scanner was finding all kinds of things in the alpha that obviously weren't there. The workaround for now is using the footage as a track matte
    Hey Cody, please open a support ticket on: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1864#new-ticket
    Hey Brandon, the problem is that the machine learning library we are using has a very limited support on MacOS. Of course we'd love to provide and MacOS version, but we'll have to wait for some better library support. I expect this to happen in the next 6-12 months.
    Awesome, thank you so much.  And here I thought you just had a hate for Mac!  haha.  joking.  But looking forward to that better library support!  It's an amazing tool!  
  • nvidia out of ram error still present.
    new version slower than last.
    please put small, med,large options back in.
  • nvidia out of ram error still present.
    new version slower than last.
    please put small, med,large options back in.
    Hey Casey, please open a support ticket on: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1864#new-ticket
  • MAC VERSION PLEASE!!!
  • Honestly just wanted to thank you for this update, this is an amazing plug-in, the update brought it into full fruition. Huge applications like depth-based grading that weren’t possible before this tech, and I successfully paired it up with the Freeform plugin the other day to push my 2D shots to stereo and view it through an Oculus. So crazy, a million thanks, keep it up
  • Honestly just wanted to thank you for this update, this is an amazing plug-in, the update brought it into full fruition. Huge applications like depth-based grading that weren’t possible before this tech, and I successfully paired it up with the Freeform plugin the other day to push my 2D shots to stereo and view it through an Oculus. So crazy, a million thanks, keep it up
    Hey Nicholas,
    happy to hear! If you have any footage of your experiments to share, please hit us on [email protected] :)
  • MAC VERSION PLEASE!!!
    +1

.... and by +1, I mean, the 1 million+ mac users who would use this...
  • Yes!!!! Things have really improved a lot. Congratulations. Some diseases remain but are already usable.
    I think AfterFX itself is a barrier to further development. A standalone version would be more useful don't you think? THX!!!!!!!!

• The latest release seems more stable, but the frame blending features still leave a lot to be desired. Do you have any plans to add functionality to spot noise differences between frames that don't involve the per-frame results being blended together in a way that create a lot of blurry trails?
  • The latest release seems more stable, but the frame blending features still leave a lot to be desired. Do you have any plans to add functionality to spot noise differences between frames that don't involve the per-frame results being blended together in a way that create a lot of blurry trails?
    You can play with the "Details Enhancement" option. If you set this to a higher value, the motion trails may disappear!
  • I didn't know this plugin has no Mac version.
    Please work on it for Mac users.
    By the why I bought it for supporting you.
    Thank you.
  • Can't wait for the Mac version ! this looks awesome. 
  • I'll definitely buy if/when this comes to Mac. Looks so rad, added to my wishlist.
  • Which last version for ae 2021 ?
  • Trying to install, but it fails when downloading the dependancies - likely a proxy issue here at work.  I followed the path it gave in the error message and downloaded the asmjit.dll manually.  Can I throw this somewhere to comlpete the installation?  Is this the only extra file it needs to download.
  • Seriously bummed this is Windows only.
  • welp, you lost out on my 99.00 today for being Windows only. 
  • Hi, it’s à Windows only ! It’s possible to be refund ?
    I am on mac ! It’s not writing anywhere
    Thanks
  • Please release that mac version
  • Please release that mac version
  • Great work on this plugin, would love to see a feature to clear the memory used on your GPU, similar to clear memory cache for AE-

Looking forward to see future updates :)
  • Are you bringing this to Mac?
  • Very interested in a floating license on this, but I need it for our iMacs and Mac Pros at work. When will this be available?
    Thanks
    Martin
  • I'd be on board for a Mac version!
  • Very nice plugin, I was waiting for it for a long time for 2D to 3D video conversion. Very good 3D realism (example: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13yX3a11Qbk9EH9ga2YZWnJ7BcjJGYfmd/view?usp=sharing). The problem with this plugin is that a very powerful machine is needed for this 3D theme. I have had to change computers with GPU to do the job a little faster. With the latest versions of the plugin I can not work well. I have stayed with version 1.1.4 that works well and has more options for less powerful computers: With Ryzen 5000 series CPU and Geforce GTX GPU with the small option I can convert a complete movie in a short time and in the Medium option, it goes more slow but the effect is better.
  • So at first the plug-in seems tot work fine, but soon after I start using it, I get errors and crashes. I'm using the NVIDIA GPU version, and I have a fairly beefy RTX Quadro 5000 with 16GB of VRAM in my laptop. Any idea why this might be happening? Should I try the other version?
  • latest version crashes when changing samples from 1 to any number. last version didn't do this.
    also crashes when you try to enable temporal smoothing and averaging at the same time.