Voronoi Shatter
  • Dear Zhiqiang Li

Thank You a lot for this great Script, But is there anyway to make the masks fit the alpha of a layer not its dimensions ??? 

I have a vase image and the script generates the mask all over the dimensions of the image which is square, i want the shatter to take the shape of the vase.

Thanks

• Dear Zhiqiang Li

Thank You a lot for this great Script, But is there anyway to make the masks fit the alpha of a layer not its dimensions ??? I have a vase image and the script generates the mask all over the dimensions of the image which is square, i want the shatter to take the shape of the vase.
    Thanks

Hi sam,

Glad you like my script.
    This feature has been required by other users too.
    Actually I planed to add this feature by the end of last month,but I got another freelance script project, so I still don't have time to update it.
    But I will continue working on it as soon as I have time.

Please be patient... 

• I have a vase image and the script generates the mask all over the dimensions of the image which is square, i want the shatter to take the shape of the vase.

Hi sam,
    I have updated "Voronoi Shatter" to version 2. Check out the demo video. I'm sure you'll like it
  • MacOS6.8
    Upon loading through Window
    Unable to execute line at 1613. File or folder does not exist.

The file and folder are in the Script Panel folder.

Do you know what the problem is?

Thanks.

• MacOS6.8

Thanks.

Hi Nick,

I have fixed this problem. 
    Please update your script, it should work.

Cheers
    Zhiqiang Li
  • MacOS6.8

Thanks.

Hi Nick,

I have fixed this problem. Please update your script, it should work.
    CheersZhiqiang Li
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. I downloaded yesterday, is there an newer update?
    Thanks.
  • MacOS6.8

Thanks.

Hi Nick,

I have fixed this problem. Please update your script, it should work.
    CheersZhiqiang Li
    Hi,Thanks for the reply. I downloaded yesterday, is there an newer update?Thanks.

Yes, I have fixed this problem when I saw your comment.

You can download it again, it should work now.

• doesn't work !! :O

Problem with the 1613 line ! any idea ?

Thx !
  • doesn't work !! :O

Problem with the 1613 line ! any idea ?

Thx !

If you reorder the new 2.1 version, it should work.
  • Doesn't work !!

i've just update to 2.1, my mac has java…everythings is okay, the panel open but when i press "generate", nothing happens… :(
  • Doesn't work !!

i've just update to 2.1, my mac has java…everythings is okay, the panel open but when i press "generate", nothing happens… :(

Hmm, that's strange.
    Could you please record a short video to show me?
    Please send it to my email [email protected]

Tanks
    Zhiqiang Li
  • Check your mail box ! :)
  • Same problem. when pressing generate, nothing happens.

I updated it to  v2.1 but same problem
  • Same problem. when pressing generate, nothing happens.

I updated it to  v2.1 but same problem
    Hi sam,

Can you give me more info about this problem?
    I'm working on solving this problem now, but I don't have enough info. So please send me an email and give me some info about your OS and the version of your After Effects. 
    Please send me an email so I can send you a test script to help to find out the problem.
    My email address is [email protected].

Thanks!
  • …I'm a little bit angry. Need this function, bought the script, pressing "Generate" > nothing happens, doesn't work at all. Pls help.

OSX 10.7.5
    AE CS6, ver. 11.0.2
    Script ver. 2.1
    Java updated

Thanx
  • Hi, 
    I also have a problem. I'm using CS6 (64bit) and here's what im getting after trying to shatter the text converted to mask into pieces:

What am I doing wrong?

P.
  • Same problem... Getting the "Can't find clip shapes..." alert.
    Running AE CS5.5 on Windows 7
  • Same as the others in this thread.  AE CC 

"Can't find clip shapes..."

• There's been no response to any of these issue concerns since they started in June.  Anyone have any suggestions as to next steps or alternatives?  That's a REALLY long time to have no activity on this.
  • …I'm a little bit angry. Need this function, bought the script, pressing "Generate" > nothing happens, doesn't work at all. Pls help.

OSX 10.7.5
    AE CS6, ver. 11.0.2
    Script ver. 2.1
    Java updated

Thanx

Sorry for the trouble, Please update to the new version 2.2, and watch the video on the "Description" page - "Necessary steps to run Voronoi Shatter". If you have any other problems, please let me know [email protected]
  • Hi, 
    I also have a problem. I'm using CS6 (64bit) and here's what im getting after trying to shatter the text converted to mask into pieces:

What am I doing wrong?

P.

There's a new version available, please update and watch the video "Necessary steps to run Voronoi Shatter".
    You are having this problem because you didn't give the script permission to write files into the "Voronoi_Shatter_Resources" folder. The video will show you how to fix this problem 
  • Same problem... Getting the "Can't find clip shapes..." alert.
    Running AE CS5.5 on Windows 7

There's a new version available, please update and watch the video "Necessary steps to run Voronoi Shatter".
    You are having this problem because you didn;t give the script permission to write files into the "Voronoi_Shatter_Resources" folder. The video will show you how to fix this problem 

• Same as the others in this thread.  AE CC 

"Can't find clip shapes..."

You are having this problem because you didn;t give the script permission to write files into the "Voronoi_Shatter_Resources" folder. The video will show you how to fix this problem 

• There's been no response to any of these issue concerns since they started in June.  Anyone have any suggestions as to next steps or alternatives?  That's a REALLY long time to have no activity on this.

• Where I do find the Version 2.2??? When I go to downloads I may only download 2.1, but no newer versions… In the window inside AE you are refering to a script called "Array" not "Voronoi…".
    There's a new version available, please update and watch the video "Necessary steps to run Voronoi Shatter".You are having this problem because you didn;t give the script permission to write files into the "Voronoi_Shatter_Resources" folder. The video will show you how to fix this problem 
    Perfect!  Thanks for the update!
  • Where I do find the Version 2.2??? When I go to downloads I may only download 2.1, but no newer versions… In the window inside AE you are refering to a script called "Array" not "Voronoi…".
    Same issue here. Can't get to 2.2 and following all the steps in the video referenced still has no effect.
  • There was a typo in the upload title, please try downloading again, 2.2 should be properly displayed now.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • There was a typo in the upload title, please try downloading again, 2.2 should be properly displayed now.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Sorry guys. Obviously w talk at cross purposes. Pls tell me exactly WHERE I should go to download the version 2.2. When I go: 
    "My downloads & licenses" > Voronoi Shatter > Download I see:

Originally purchaesd:
    Voronoi Shatter 2.1 (Link)
    Latest Version
    No downloads available

It's very annoying not to get a simple direction where to go. Usually you all do great work, but in this case its very strange. Thanx for a clear order.

BTW: Changed the permissions on the voronoi-folder nothing changed.
  • In regard to getting the new version please refer to this FAQHow to upgrade "Name Your Own Price" products
  • In regard to getting the new version please refer to this FAQHow to upgrade "Name Your Own Price" products
    Roger, understood. Didn't know that this is like that… Maybe it would be a good idea to sign issue this in the new available version link…
  • Downloaded the Version 2.2
    Changed permissions on the Folder

Works fine for me on the mac! Thanx guys for solving this issue!

;)
  • Hi,
    Have gone through security steps and granted access to read and write. The interface window won't load (Java is updated - 8.x and running Yosemite on Mac incidentally. Get an error saying a) need to install Java runtime which is installed and tested already and b) unable to execute script at line 2947 - null is not an object.

Can't get around this. Had reinstalled JRE and rebooted etc etc.

Thanks for any advice,

Russ
  • Have gone through security steps and granted access to read and write. The interface window won't load (Java is updated - 8.x and running Yosemite on Mac incidentally. Get an error saying a) need to install Java runtime which is installed and tested already and b) unable to execute script at line 2947 - null is not an object.

Can't get around this. Had reinstalled JRE and rebooted etc etc.
    We have not tested on Yosemite yet, however please open a support ticket and submit as many details as possible including screenshots (or preferably screencasts) and we will investigate it.
  • Hello,

I am having problems running the script on AE CC (13.2.0.49) on Yosemite (10.10.3). Have followed instructions to install and run and when I try to open on AE I get notified that I need Java (which is installed and running) along with "Unable to execute script at line 2947. null is not an object". Attaching screenshots:

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Hi, I just bought the plugin and it doesnt seem to work on AE CC 13.2.0.49 on Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.2. I followed all your steps to make it work but always get the same message: "Unable to execute script at line 2947. null is not an object". Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • Hi, I just bought the plugin and it doesnt seem to work on AE CC 13.2.0.49 on Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.2. I followed all your steps to make it work but always get the same message: "Unable to execute script at line 2947. null is not an object". Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Hi Georg,
    You need to install java 7 instead of java 8. make sure you have installed the right version
    Hi Georg,
    You need to install java 7 instead of java 8. make sure you have installed the right version
    hi, just downgraded to java 7 (update 79). still doesnt work! and same error "unable to execute script at line 2947..." even after several restarts... any suggestions? thanks
  • Hi Georg,
    Do you have both Java 8 and Java 7 installed or you just have Java 7 installed? You should make sure you just have Java 7installed. I have test the script on my mac with After Effects cc 2014 and Mac OS X 10.10.4, and it works fine.
  • hi, if i open my system preferences/java tab under info, it says i have installed java 7 update 80. i don't know how to find out, which other java versions i have installed, but I'm sure I deleted it completely, before installing the 7 version. maybe I need an earlier version? which version exactly do you use? we're talking about the runtime environment. thanks in advance. georg
  • Hi Georg,
    Do you have both Java 8 and Java 7 installed or you just have Java 7 installed? You should make sure you just have Java 7installed. I have test the script on my mac with After Effects cc 2014 and Mac OS X 10.10.4, and it works fine.
    hi, if i open my system preferences/java tab under info, it says i have installed java 7 update 80. i don't know how to find out, which other java versions i have installed, but I'm sure I deleted it completely, before installing the 7 version. maybe I need an earlier version? which version exactly do you use? we're talking about the runtime environment. thanks in advance. georg
  • Hi Georg,
    hi, if i open my system preferences/java tab under info, it says i have installed java 7 update 80. i don't know how to find out, which other java versions i have installed, but I'm sure I deleted it completely, before installing the 7 version. maybe I need an earlier version? which version exactly do you use? we're talking about the runtime environment. thanks in advance. georg
    Hi Georg, I'm using Java 7 update 60. Sorry I'm very busy these days. I will update this script, and remove Java dependency as soon as I get a chance. 
  • Hi Georg,
    Hi Georg, I'm using Java 7 update 60. Sorry I'm very busy these days. I will update this script, and remove Java dependency as soon as I get a chance. 
    Hi. That independence from certain Java-Versions would be very cool! I'm not able to install java 7u60 on my iMac. It just doesn't let me install it on OSX 10.10.3. So for now I can't use the plugin... Maybe an other suggestion? Thanks g
  • I also just updated from Mountain Lion to Yosemite and Voronoi Shatter stopped working. I'm getting the same Java "Unable to execute script at line 2947. null is not an object" error.

I'm in the middle of a project using your tool (shattering text for Element 3D). Any chance this can be fixed ASAP?

Thanks.

• I have a project now that requires the use of my Voronoi Shatter 2.2, but the Java issue is affecting me.  This is not good business my friend!
  • compatibility ae cc

• ayuda error voronoi shatter v2.2.jsxbin

after effects cc2015

• Do you have an updated version of this for Yosemite yet? It's been a while...
  • Помощи ошибка Вороного разрушить v2.2.jsxbin

After Effects cc2015

222222.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 193K